Sharp Claws

Say, do you wanna sail on the Namsong river?

 

The next morning, Taehyun ended up, helping his boyfriend to the station, looking very apologetic throughout the way.

"Do you regret what happened last night?" Taehyun asked looking worried as Mino tried to find a comfortable position in the seats, as the train moved. Mino stopped his fidgeting to find his boyfriend biting his lips worriedly.

"Yes, if I knew it was gonna hurt like this I would have never agreed to it," he said with a straight face. What Mino did not expect was the total devastation that appeared on Taehyun's lovely face.

"Hey, hey, hey," he whispered taking Taehyun's hand in his. "I was kidding. I did not regret in one bit. I meant what I said last night, I would do it again," he said rubbing his boyfriend's hand with his thumb in a soothing motion.   Taehyun's face lit up in an instant.

"Really?" he asked, looking relieved but unsure at the same time.

"Yes. Promise. I felt great last night," Mino reassured his boyfriend.  "I felt connected to you in a way I never thought possible. And besides, if it hurts like this every time, I wouldn't want you to be the one who suffers all the time," he said holding Taehyun's chin up to make him look straight into his eyes, hoping the younger boy will see his sincerity.

"It gets better with time," Taehyun smiled.

"I hope so because I would like to it up every day, if possible," Mino smirked and Taehyun blushed. "Hey, why are you acting all shy when you were totally all over me last night?" he teased. Taehyun did not bother giving him an answer.

Finally, Mino was able to sit comfortably when they turned the empty seats at the front towards them, he half-sat on one seat while resting his feet on the other, effectively removing pressure from his .

 

*****

 

"That's my house," Mino announced as the cab pulled up in front of a two-story, cottage style house with a garage and a front lawn. He led the way to the front door which opened instantly as he rang the doorbell.

"Ah! My son," his mum exclaimed happily and was about to give him a hug when her eyes settled on Taehyun who was smiling shyly beside Mino. "And is this our Taehyunie? Omo, you look even more handsome than I imagined. Welcome. Welcome," she cried out as she caressed Taehyun's face affectionately with one hand and holding his arm with the other.

"MOM!" Mino exclaimed out loud with a scolding tone, along with his sister who also came out of the door.  

"What?" she asked, looking at her scandalized children and a look of realization crossed over her face. "Oh... I'm sorry... I mean... Minho dear, who is your friend over here?" she stuttered as she quickly retrieved her hands from the stunned looking boy.

"Mom, this is my friend from college, his name is Taehyun," Mino announced formally as if Taehyun's cover hasn't been completely blown already.

"Oh, how nice of you to come visit. Taehyun is it?" she said with a withering look.  But as soon as the words left , she threw her hands in the air and rolled her eyes. 

"Oh fudge it Minho. Taehyun dear, we already know you. No need to be shy. You're Minho's first boyfriend and I just got a little excited," she said pulling the blushing Taehyun inside the house.

"I'm the one who's embarrassed mom," Mino complained while Dana giggled beside him. He shot her a threatening glare.

"Oh, son, you're here. And who's that with you?" Mino's dad came inside the living room.

"Dad, you can drop the act. Mom already ruined everything," Dana announced and Taehyun bowed politely to the newest arrival.

"Ah, good then. Taehyun-ah, welcome to the family," Mino's dad said lightly patting Taehyun on the back.

"Dad!" Mino and Dana exclaimed at the same time.

"Now what?" Mrs. Song wanted to know.

"They only started dating and you guys are acting like they're married or something. You'll scare Taehyun away," Dana scolded her parents.  They were talking about Taehyun as if he wasn't in the room, making him feel even more uncomfortable.

"Babe, please don't let them scare you off," Mino said grabbing his boyfriend's hand in his. "You guys are so embarrassing," he complained as he led his boyfriend up the stairs, to his bedroom. Taehyun managed to bow again hurriedly as he was dragged.

"He calls him baby," Mino heard his mother giggle excitedly behind them, as they hurriedly ran up the stairs.  He hoped Taehyun didn't hear them, but considering how loud his family was, he doubts it. He didn't think his family could be more embarrassing, but he thought wrong.

He quickly opened the door to his bedroom and ushered them both inside, closing the door quickly behind them. He turned to see Taehyun crossing his arms in front of his chest, foot tapping on the floor, his face, unreadable.

"We don't even have to tell them about us," Taehyun imitated, quoting Mino's promise from last night.

"I'm sorry," Mino apologized rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "The thing is, Dana already knew. I mean, we tell each other everything, since we were children. I didn't think she would tell mom and dad," he explained.

Taehyun still had his arms crossed, staring at him.

"Please don't get mad. I told her not to do it. I swear," Mino said moving gingerly towards his boyfriend, ready to beg, but when he got closer, Taehyun burst out laughing, bending his body forward to rest his hand on his knee, wheezing in laughter.

"You're not mad?" Mino asked wanting to make sure.

"Of course I'm mad. But I believe you. Still, you should've seen the look on your face," Taehyun pointed as he stood straight again. He stole a quick kiss from the still confused Mino.

"I'm really sorry, especially for their behavior. I hope they won't make you feel too awkward," Mino said as he held Taehyun by the waist.

"It's okay. Your mom's really cute, and your sister kinda stood up for us. Your dad also seems nice," Taehyun smiled.

"I'm glad they didn't scare you off then. They can be over-familiar sometimes," Mino said, guiding them both towards the bed.

"I guess you got that from them then," Taehyun joked.

Mino laid on the bed and pulled Taehyun on top of him. The latter crossed his hands on Mino's chest, resting his chin on them, looking into his boyfriend's face. "The truth is, I was more afraid that they would be awkward with me if they knew. But they seemed so warm and inviting, just like you," he smiled reassuringly. He settled himself more comfortably between Mino's legs, their chest against each other, heart to beating heart.

"I'm glad to hear that," Mino said running his hand through his boyfriend's hair, sweeping it away from the lovely face he can't stop staring.

"So this is your room huh?" Taehyun said turning his head to look around the room.

"Yep. I guess they didn't change a thing while I was away," Mino said glancing around his room.

It felt good to be home with Taehyun beside him. It was a warm feeling he couldn't express with words. He sighed peacefully watching Taehyun who was looking around with fascination.

"Nice sheets," Taehyun commented on his Batman bed sheets, quirking up an eyebrow.

"Hey! Batman is awesome!" Mino defended.

"And is that a snoopy plushy I see?" Taehyun said looking at the top corner of the bed.

"Snoopy was my only friend for a long time," Mino explained.

"And a LOT of BIGBANG posters," Taehyun also noted.

"They are awesome okay, now stop making fun of my room," Mino pouted a little.

"It's cute," Taehyun laughed.

"I bet your own room at home, is all dark with posters of rock bands everywhere," Mino retorted in revenge.

"I do not have posters of people on my wall," Taehyun looked offended.

"Let me guess, pop art?"

"You may never know," Taehyun looked away in a mysterious fashion.

"Boys, why don't you wash up and...." Mino's mom's voice, burst out as the door suddenly opened, prompting the boys to quickly scramble away from each other.

"Mom! You should knock first," Mino exclaimed almost in tears.

"I'm so sorry, I never had to knock before so I....." she quickly left the room before she could finish her sentence, closing the door behind her. "Why don't you boys wash up and come join us in the living room," she shouted from outside the door.

"Okay mom," Mino shouted back in reply, looking at his blushing boyfriend apologetically.

"Why don't we go shower together? It will be faster that way," Mino suggested.

"What? No way!" Taehyun denied hotly.

"What's the big deal? We've already seen each other anyway," Mino reasoned.

"This... your parents are here, stupid. Can't you help me make a good impression?" Taehyun pleaded.

"You want to make a good impression?" Mino asked happily.

"Of course, why would you think I wouldn’t?" Taehyun asked looking exasperated.

"Okay, you go first then," Mino said showing him the way to the bathroom.

 

*****

 

The two boys went downstairs to see the living room filled with various food items and cooking utensils. Mino's mom started delegating the tasks for the ancestral rites preparation, explaining that they didn't do it in the morning, as they wanted to wait for Minho. It wasn't right to perform the ancestral rites without their only son.   Mino felt a little bad for not coming earlier but Taehyun was more important at that time.

"Mom, how many people are you cooking for exactly?" Danah asked when Mrs. Song asked her husband to go to the mart to pick up more stuff.

"Your brother is home after so long," she merely said as Taehyun laughed at Mino who was currently stealing food meant for the ancestors.

"I know he likes to eat, but I don't think even he can finish all of these," Dana said looking at the amount of food around the room.

"Don't worry, I will," Mino reassured.

Taehyun swatted Mino's hand, away from the rice cakes he was arranging on a plate.

Mino's dad came back and the two men performed the rites together, giving their respects to the ancestors who had passed. They asked Taehyun to join the ceremony but Mino came to his rescue and was able to escape from any possible awkwardness.

 

Afterward, as they sat around the dining table, the quizzing began for Taehyun. Mino's dad casually asked him about his studies and his family, while Mino's mom constantly put food onto Taehyun's bowl.  Seeing the food, Mino managed to steal it, every time. He mentally slapped himself for not informing his parents that Taehyun was allergic to seafood, Busan's specialty. So he resorted to sneaking away the food that his mom had placed onto Taehyun's bowl, so Taehyun wouldn't feel obliged to eat it.

 

The doorbell rang and Mrs. Song went to open the door and was followed back inside by a tall, handsome boy.

"Woah! Yua! How have you been?" Mino rose to greet the newcomer who gave him a hug in return.

"I'm good, I heard from Danah you were coming back and I wanted to see you," Yua said, smiling from ear to ear as he greeted the people inside the room.

Mino's mom asked him to join them at the dining table but Yua declined to say he has eaten already.

"Actually, I came to invite Mino to our party tonight. Is that okay?" Yua asked Mino's dad.

"Sure, if they are not too tired. Taehyun-ah, how are you holding up?" Mino's dad asked and all attention switched to Taehyun, who was still seated at the dining table.

"I'm fine," Taehyun replied.

"Hi! I'm Yua, Mino's friend from high school," Yua said holding out a hand for Taehyun to shake.

"What friend? You're in the same year as Danah you little...," Mino said slapping Yua's back playfully. "Yua, this is Taehyun, my friend from college," he introduced, not mentioning that they were dating since Taehyun wanted to keep it a secret.

Danah wanted to go too but Mr. Song wouldn't allow it and didn't budge even after her begging. Yua smiled apologetically to Danah as he informed Mino about the place and left while the two boys went upstairs to get ready.



*****

 

Taehyun didn't really want to go to the party. Dinner had gone better than he hoped and he didn't mind spending more time with Mino's family. But that Yui or Wooya guy had to ruin it by barging in. He didn't like the way the boy's hands lingered on Mino's arms, or the way the boy blushed when Mino smiled at him. He also didn't like the fact that Mino introduced him as a friend either. He knew Mino was only keeping his promise about keeping their relationship a secret, especially to strangers but Taehyun felt that this was an exception.  Except, he didn't tell his boyfriend and simply kept quiet. 

They went downstairs after getting ready but before they could step out of the door, Mino's father called them back to the living room.

"Boys," he announced in a grave fatherly tone. "I haven't really prepared myself for this kind of situation," he started after a long pause. "Minho had never taken an interest in dating before so I haven't given it much thought."

"Oh no, I think I know where this is going. Dad, please stop," Mino begged, making a mournful face at his dad.

Taehyun had no clue what was going on, as he looked between father and son.

"I've got you this from the mart," Mr. Song said pulling a small brown paper bag from his pocket and sliding it over the table to Mino. "I know you're young and want to have fun. I was like that too when I was your age, so I want you to know, I understand."

"What is this?" Mino asked carefully eyeing the package.

"Don't open it now. I just want you two to be safe. I don't know how things really work in same- relationships..." he started again.

"Dad, no!" Mino exclaimed cutting his father off, as he hurriedly took a peek inside the paper bag, his face turning to horror at what greeted him.

Taehyun was curious so he took a peek and blushed immediately. It seemed to be several packets of . He cleared his throat and looked away. He couldn't even look at Mino's dad.

"You could've called me alone if you wanted to talk about this," Mino shot an accusatory glance at his father.

"What's the big deal? You're both boys, so I feel like I'm talking to two sons, is that so wrong?" he asked his blushing son.

He looked over to Taehyun who was studying the details of the table. "Taehyun-ah, isn't that so? I know you wanted to keep your relationship from us in the beginning. So I assumed you haven't told your parents either.  Since I met you first, I thought it would be a good idea to have this conversation. There's no need to be embarrassed about it.  I have been your age before and I just want you two to be safe, that's all," he explained.

Mino looked to his boyfriend who had finally raised his head to give his attention to Mino's dad. Taehyun felt a wave of emotion running through his mind. He was embarrassed, yes, but he appreciated the fact that Mino's dad was trying to talk to them about it. His own parents never had the talk with him. He learned from experience and his first, was awful and full of regrets. He felt a lump in his chest, slowly creeping up to his throat.

"I understand. Thank you," Taehyun said softly. He felt a sting in his eyes but he tried to blink it away.

"Can we go now?" Mino pleaded.

"Okay, and if you have any problems, I'm always here," Minho's dad called out after the boys.

Outside, Mino turned to Taehyun with a mournful look. "Taehyun-ah, I am so sorry. I had no idea he'd do that," Mino apologized, giving his boyfriend a quick hug before leading them both to his bike. Taehyun could not reply. His heart was too heavy and he felt his voice would break if he were to speak, so he bit his quivering lower lip instead. "Are you mad?" Mino asked, starting the bike. Taehyun shook his head and buried his face in Mino's back, tightening his hold around him.  Taehyun felt a Mino's hand on top of his, lacing them together with a squeeze before he pulled his hand away to maneuver the bike to their destination.

Taehyun held tighter onto his boyfriend, barely managing to stop the tears, unable to hide his sniffles.  He felt Mino stiffen under his embrace as he sniffed again, against his will. He felt the bike slow down and coming to a halt on the roadside.  He reluctantly let go of his boyfriend, as Mino got off the bike to face him.  Instead, Taehyun bent his head, hiding his face with his hair to avoid Mino's enquiring gaze.  He didn't want his boyfriend to see him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

"I... I've got something in my eye," he said since he was sure his eyes were red too, despite not crying.  But he couldn't hide the crack in his voice.

Mino lifted his boyfriend's chin to make the boy meet his eyes. Taehyun knew Mino could see right through his lies. To humor him, his boyfriend softly blew into his eyes, thankful that he didn't have to explain himself. But in the end, Taehyun felt that he had to explain himself since he had promised Mino that he would share his feelings with him. He wanted to keep that promise. 

"Your father, he seems to care about you, a lot," he managed to say after he was able to control his fraying emotions. He looked at Mino, and he could tell the boy understood what he meant from his expression. He was relieved to not see the look of pity in his boyfriend's eyes. He had seen enough of those pity looks from previous boyfriends, when all he wanted, was their understanding. 

"He can be really tactless, but he tries," Mino smiled causing him to smile too. He felt a light brush of lips against his own quivering ones. He smiled even wider.

"Why'd you stop the bike? Let's go," Taehyun said coming back to his old self.

"I'm glad you still have not run away," Mino chuckled as he got back on the bike.

 

When they arrived at the party, Mino informed him that the shop belonged to Yua's dad, hence Yua was able to arrange the party in the basement.  Cries of "Oh! it's Mino," could be heard as soon as they entered the large room; blaring with loud electronic music.

There were people dancing to the music while some were standing and talking in the corners. Taehyun started to feel uneasy as people started coming over to greet Mino. This was supposed to be a pre-exam high school de-stressing party for the seniors and he didn't appreciate how everyone seemed to know Mino again.

"Oh, hyung, you made it," Yua said approaching the two of them. He didn't even glance at Taehyun.

"Is that a beer in your hands? How did you manage to sneak them in?" Mino exclaimed, greeting the boy back with a pat on the shoulders.

Taehyun didn't think it was necessary to great the younger boy again since they already greeted him in Mino's house. He frowned as Yua's hand settled on his boyfriend's elbow and he suddenly felt a very strong desire to yank that hand away. What was worse, Mino's other hand was grasping onto Yua's arm. Taehyun wanted to burn the boy's skin wherever Mino's hand was touching. He was a little surprised at his reaction. He had never felt so possessive before.

This Yua boy was bringing out the worst in him, he thought.

"Are you still playing football?" Mino asked the boy.

"Yes, I'm hoping to get a scholarship with it," Yua said excitedly as he tells Mino about the games he played for his school team.

They were given beer cans each. Mino and Yua started reminiscing about their high school days, with Yua occasionally introducing Mino to different people. Taehyun watched his every move, glaring daggers at the hand that settled on Mino's back like it belonged there. He pulled Mino closer to him and away from Yua, not looking at Mino who looked at him questionably before returning his conversation with the Yua.

'Why does he have to be so tall and good-looking', Taehyun seethed. He gave him the once over again. Yua had an easy smile, unlike him who seemed to be in a bad mood all the time. His drooping eyebrows was a complex that Taehyun was very aware of, and no matter how much he smiled, he still looked like he was pissed. Yua had a nice body and played sports. Taehyun looked at himself, feeling awkward in his own skin and his gangly limbs.

'I can't even hold a Ping-Pong paddle', he complained in his mind, remembering his failed attempt of playing Ping-Pong.

He didn't want to compare, but if Mino had to choose, he thought he would lose for sure. He hated that thought.

He thought he saw the tall boy smiling at him from the corner of his eyes. He looked up to make sure, and Yua quickly turned his head away. Taehyun felt like Yua could see right through him, and was playing with him. He didn't like it one bit.

'If I had claws, I would have scratched that smile off of his stupid smiling face', Taehyun fantasized. He was feeling left out. The two boys and the other partygoers were talking about things that he had no knowledge of- Mino's past that he was privy to... yet.

He listened to them laugh at their little inside jokes, and Mino tried to explain it, but he still didn't understand. His explanations only cut off the fun for the rest of the group, and he felt like a wet blanket.

He excused himself to go to the bathroom, which was co-ed. He sat on the closed toilet-seat trying to get his bearings back. He wondered why Yua was affecting him so much even when Mino was trying his best to bring him into their conversations. He wasn't like this when Mino was with his friends in Seoul.

Yes, maybe he felt a little left out at times, but he had never wanted to claw their eyes out for looking at Mino. He had never wanted to take Mino's hands in his and shove his tongue down his throat, to show everyone who Mino belonged to. He gave a huge sigh and got up to leave.

'Maybe I just need to wash my face with cold water', he thought.  But before he could leave, he heard the door to the bathroom, opened.

"Gosh, did you see Mino sunbaenim? He looked so hot, when did he get so hot?" Taehyun heard a girl talking outside his stall and he sat back down on the toilet-seat to listen.

"What are you talking about? He's always been hot. Since high school," another girl quipped.

"Did you see Yua hanging onto him like a besotted boyfriend? Didn't he used to have a crush on Mino back in the day?" the first girl asked sounding excited.

"Yeah, the whole school knew except for Mino. Do you think Yua will make a move on him tonight?" the second girl asked giggling.

"Maybe. Drinks make people bold. They would look cute together don't you think?" the first girl said, joining her friend's giggles.

'That's it!' Taehyun had heard enough.

He knew he had a bad feeling about Yua for a reason. He got out of his stall in a huff. The two girls gave him surprised looks as he gave them a death glare, before storming out of the bathroom to look for his boyfriend. He saw him in the corner, laughing among a few guys with an arm carelessly slung around Yua's shoulders. He marched straight to them and between the two boys, effectively removing Mino's arm from the taller boy's shoulders with his whole body.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Mino asked but Taehyun didn't bother to reply.

"I need another drink," he informed his clueless boyfriend and made him fetch him one, while he stood next to Yua, secretly comparing their heights and feeling stupid for it.

"Here," Mino came back in an instant before it could get awkward with the other guys who had started to talk to Taehyun. He didn't bother to answer them or play nice. He could see the evidence of displeasure in their faces but he didn't care.

"You're almost out of drinks there buddy," some guy informed Yua who gave a sigh.

"So soon? I only had one beer?" Mino complained.

"We'll need more since it's still early. Shall we go buy some more?" another guy suggested.

"Yeah, but the guy who sold me the drinks, says he's off for tonight.  That means we'll have to go to the liquor shop and we are still underaged," Yua mourned sadly but quickly brightened up again as he looked at Mino. "Hyung, you're of age, you can buy the drinks for us, we'll give you the money of course," he suggested.

"Sure, why not?" Mino agreed easily and Taehyun wanted to punch his boyfriend's handsome face. "Taehyun-ah, will you be okay for a while?" Mino asked him and he was stunned.

His boyfriend had meant to leave him alone to go with this Yua guy? He couldn't believe what he was hearing but before he could protest, he heard cries from the people around them, telling them to hurry.

"Your friend here is a grown man and doesn't need you to babysit him," one guy piped up.

"Yeah, we'll take care of your Seoul friend for you," he heard a guy saying, his tone somehow managed to sound condescending. Taehyun found out that he was paying the price of being rude and he regretted his previous actions a little. He couldn't even protest at this stage.

"Guys, be nice okay," Mino warned and gave a secretive squeeze to Taehyun's hand but Taehyun knew those words didn't mean much to a bunch of guys. "Let's go," Mino said to Yua taking out his bike keys. Taehyun felt like his blood was boiling.

"So, Taehyun is it?" one guy started, trying to strike a conversation but Taehyun was too furious. He moved away from the group to find whatever drink they had left in the stash.  He took whatever he could hold in his arms and went out the back of the storeroom to drink himself silly, cursing his boyfriend in his head.

He wondered what was wrong with him. He didn't want to act this way. He knew Mino would be mad at him too. He remembered the time he went into the woods alone without telling anyone and Mino had been furious at him. He was basically doing the same thing now, but he couldn't stop himself. He was wallowing in anger and hatred. Feelings he was accustomed to having, but combined with jealousy and possessiveness; negative feelings that he had never experienced before. He blamed it on the smiling boyfriend and his flirty ways.

Mino was making him feel weak and dependent when he had always been strong and self-reliant. Despite that, Mino also made him feel warm and needed. He didn't want that to change. He had never been so afraid of losing a person, as he felt his position being threatened by another. He wondered if he had any reason to feel that way, trying to logically map out why he felt so vulnerable, but he couldn't pinpoint anything. Mino didn't look like he was going to cheat on him, but still, Taehyun couldn't stop feeling insecure.

He did not know how long he stayed there. Based on the amount of beer and soju bottles lying around him, it must have been quite long. He wanted to sit there longer, but he didn't have any more alcohol to drown himself with. He moved to get up but his head was spinning and he slumped back down again.

'I could never hold my drink well', he remembered.

"Taehyun," he heard his name being called and he looked up hazily beneath a mop of hair. He recognized the voice, but the drinks and his hair were obstructing his view.

"The are you doing Taehyun-ah? Why'd you go off like that? Do you know how long I've been looking for you?" Mino yelled, standing over him.

"Didn't look like you'd notice," Taehyun slurred.

"What do you mean? Not notice? Why are you acting this way?" Mino finally stooped down, grabbing hold of Taehyun's shoulders to make the younger boy look at him. Taehyun merely lolled his head, his eyes unable to focus. "Why are you doing this again? Why do you have to go off without telling me? I even called home to see if you went back, and nobody could tell me where you went," Mino went on.

"The you care," Taehyun spat.

"I ing care! You think I won't?" Mino raged, shaking Taehyun.

Taehyun felt dizzy from the sudden motion and gagged. Mino quickly moved back to make space and Taehyun bent to retch on the floor, spilling the contents of his dinner.

"How much did you drink?" Mino crouched beside him to pat on his back but Taehyun jerked his hand off.

"Don't touch me," he snapped.

"Not this again," Mino said wearily. "Are you mad that I left you alone again? It was just to get drinks, I thought you'd understand."

"I do not like that boy. I don't like this stupid party. I hate this place. I want to go home," Taehyun was unable to stop the words spilling out of his mouth.

"All you had to do was tell me you wanted to go back. Why are you acting so childish?" Mino sounded exasperated as he ran a hand over his face tiredly.

"Childish? Did you just call me childish?" Taehyun flared up.

"Yes I did, because you are ing acting like a child," Mino fired back.

" you. I hate you," he spat out.

"Right now, I don't really like you very much either," Mino balled his hands up in fists.

"Fine, just leave me alone then," he said waving his boyfriend away.

"How can I ing leave you alone when I should be responsible for you. Come on, get up, let's just go back," Mino said trying to pull Taehyun up.

"No, I am not going back with you," Taehyun retracted his hand.

"What will you do, spend the night here sleeping in your puke?" Mino looked incensed.

"Better than being with you," Taehyun's drunken mouth didn't seem to have a filter.

"What the hell! What the is wrong with you? What did I do this time?" Mino got on eye-level with Taehyun.

"You are just so infuriating, I can't..." Taehyun started but he was suddenly hoisted onto Mino's back like he weighed nothing. "P-put me down," he screamed struggling to get off.

"I cannot deal with you like this. I am taking you back home and we'll talk after you sober up," Mino ordered as he held tight onto Taehyun's thighs trying to still the drunk boy, making his way to the door that led to the party area.

Taehyun looked up to see that they were the center of attraction. Almost every eye seemed to be on them and he suddenly felt like lashing out at all of them.  All of the people who got to experience growing up with his Mino. He was about to open his mouth when he noticed an unwanted presence coming towards them.

"You, stop right there!" he screamed pointing a finger at Yua who stopped in surprise, making Mino stop too thinking Taehyun must be talking to him.

"What?" Mino whispered urgently.

"You, Yua or whatever, Mino is mine okay, MINE! He is my boyfriend and I am his boyfriend, get it? You are not allowed to come even 10, no, 25 meters near him, understand?" he shouted still pointing at him.

"The hell! Is this why you got mad at me?" Mino asked without putting him down, moving faster towards the exit. "Sorry Yua, everyone, sorry. And goodnight people," he called out.

"No, don't say sorry. He is trying to take you away from me, I know it. And everyone in here, Song Min Ho is mine, he looks good with me and nobody else," Taehyun still managed to shout looking back as they were out the door.

"ing hell! That was embarrassing," Mino cursed out loud.  It was probably a good thing that Taehyun didn't see the beaming smile on Mino's face.

After looking at his bike and his drunken boyfriend on his back, Mino decided to walk towards the main street and get a taxi.  He didn't want them to get into an accident, especially with a drunk Taehyun.  He didn't want to admit it to the drunk Taehyun, since he was supposed to be mad at him, but he liked feeling the young man's body against his own.  It was really too bad that Taehyun was drunk because after that loud confession for everyone to hear, all Mino could think about, was ravishing his boyfriend. For now, he was just happy to be able to feel Taehyun's body against him and the knowledge that his young boyfriend was jealous of everyone; that Mino's feelings were very much reciprocated.

"I'm going to have a whole lot of apologizing to do tomorrow," he chuckled to himself, while his boyfriend started singing on top of his lungs.

 

*****

 

Alley Cats

He loves me, not you

Sharp claws, spitting and hissing

Ghetto alley cats.

-Denise Morgan