Chapter 21: Picking up the pieces

Will this work?

YOUR POV

I woke up to the birds chirping outside the window. A sense of familiarity hit me as I noticed my surroundings. Still in my dress from last night I laid down in my old bed with Hongbin’s arms wrapped around my waist. ‘I know he apologised but it’s not time to open myself up completely for him’

I watched as his eyes slowly fluttered open. He smiled his warm, sweet smile. “Good morning”

I remained silent as he sat up, leaning against the headboard bringing me to lie my head on his chest.

Bo-boom. Bo-boom. Bo-boom. I could feel his heart beat as we remained in this position. No words were spoken just silence. I couldn’t tell if it was an awkward or comfortable silence but then again like I said when I was 7 ‘Things were never awkward with Hongbin’.

The silence was broken when Hongbin began to make some small talk “I called your parents up last night telling them you’d be staying the night”

I didn’t reply but simply closed my eyes at the thought of my parents. They wouldn’t be pleased at all, but it’s Hongbin that I truly love and they can’t change that.

“They didn’t sound very happy” Hongbin continued trying to make me say something. If Hongbin was trying to make small talk he wasn’t doing a very good job.

“Obviously they wouldn’t be happy. You have no idea how much they liked Daehyun compared to you!” I shouted in frustration

I stared at Hongbin guiltily. I didn’t mean to lose my temper; it’s just that everything I seem to do revolve around him now. He didn’t say another word but just pulled me closer and my hair. I was thankful to him for at least not getting angry at me.

After a few minutes of silence I heard Hongbin sigh as he took my hand in his. “Did you go see someone for help?... you know for this?” He said nodding towards my wrist

I slightly nodded. The barrier between us was slowly killing me. In the past year we had grown too apart. Now it’s like we were picking up the pieces.

The silence began again until Hongbin moved me towards the pillow and got up from the bed. He was still in his suit from last night and I only realise now how much he’s matured. He has always had a good looking face but in this moment he seemed even more handsome. Each time I fall deeper in love with Hongbin the more handsome he becomes.

“Take a picture, lasts longer” He said as I realised I had been staring for too long

He poked his tongue at me as I gave a small smile; the first genuine one since last night.

“I’m going to make breakfast. Do you want any?” He said scratching the back of his neck

I shook my head and he muttered “As usual. Not a breakfast person”

I stretched my legs in bed as Hongbin left the room. I smiled at Hongbin’s comment… It was just like when we spent the day choosing a wedding cake and he brought me croissants.

“I really need to get out of this dress” I spoke aloud. I looked around the room knowing I left a few clothes here when I moved out. I got out of bed and searched the closet.

“Still here” I said as I took some clothes out to wear. I looked in confusion as the clothes seemed ironed and kept neatly.  ‘Did Hongbin keep my clothes like this?’ It’s like he didn’t want to change a thing that I left. Now that I look around the room everything was exactly the way it had been before I left. The dresser, the pictures of Hongbin and I at our wedding… everything.

Speaking of Hongbin. He re -entered the room as I had slipped on the high waisted shorts and t shirt.

“I see you’ve found your old clothes” He smiled making his way to the bed. He patted the space next to him and I joined him. “I didn’t change anything in your room… just in case you… uhm came back”

I smiled “ah so you knew I would come back” The first time since I’ve seen him that I joked with him. I was able to laugh and hear his laugh that he was so insecure about. His laugh was like a melody to my ears. It really seemed so easy to open up to him… but did I want to? ‘Do I want to open up to Hongbin so easily?’

“I brought you some croissants, your favourite because you need breakfast” he said passing me the plate with croissants.

“Thanks” I simply replied. He made me want to open up to him but I unconsciously made a decision to open up slowly. ‘Hongbin… what should I do?’

 

---------------------------------------

HI! Okay pretty short chapter I know… but it’s only a filler one so yeah. I’m sorry if this chapter bored you. Thank you for reading my story :)

Thank you to my newest upvoters

gayoon4nia

Bambamstar

Okay so I have made my decision that there will be about 4-6 chapters left depending on whether or not I have time. Thank you for your support. I know some of you had mixed feelings with this story and I’m sorry if it didn’t go the way you wanted it to be