Chapter 3: Preparation for the wedding

Will this work?

YOUR POV

I woke up to a thud as my mum burst through my door "Today's the day!" She shrieked. 

I yawned "my wedding isn't today mum. It's in 3 weeks. You planned it remember?" 

"Not your wedding silly. It's the day to buy your wedding dress!" My mum said patting my head 

"yay!" I said sarcastically.

"oh come one ______, every girl waits for the day to buy their wedding dress with their mum." 

"Yeah but not every girl has to marry someone they don't love" I said annoyed

Silence filled the room as my comment sank into my mum's mind. I felt so bad but I couldn't help it, it was the truth. 

"Just get dressed. Breakfast is ready" my mum said quietly as she left the room

I sighed. I didn't want to hurt my mum's feelings but marrying Hongbin was not what I want... I got dressed quickly and went to go eat breakfast downstairs. My parents were silent at the breakfast table... I was silent... I didn't know what to say. Breakfast went on with the sounds of cutlery filling the room's silence. 

"I'll be in the car." My mum said as I finished off my breakfast.

I grabbed my bag and rushed to the car. Once I was in the car, the car began to move as the driver drove us to the wedding dress shop. My mum looked at me solemnly "______-ah I'm sorry. I know this isn't what you want." 

I gave my mum a small smile. I know she's sorry for making me get into an arranged marriage but she's doing it for me too... I guess. 

"It's alright mum. I actually might enjoy buying a wedding dress" 

My mum giggled softly and patted my arm "you might thank me later" 

I rolled my eyes and put my head against the car window. I thought more and more about the wedding as the wedding date was coming so quickly. My eyes began to droop as my thoughts were filled with those of past memories of Hongbin and I. We were great friends. We did practically everything together when we were younger.... But then we came into high school and Hongbin started to drift from me. He denied it whenever I told him but eventually we just lost contact. 

As I was deep in thought the car stopped at the destination and I was  pulled by my mum into the store. 

My mum went through hangers and hangers  in the store whilst I sat down. The store assistant gave so many suggestions to my mum that I ended up with nearly 30 dresses to try on in the dressing room. I tried on the first one. It was well fitted to my body but the bottom half of the dress wasn't to my liking. 

I tried dress after dress , coming in and out of the dressing room to hear my mum and the store assistant marveling over each dress. They were happy with a few of the dresses but being a picky person I wasn't content with the dresses. None of them seemed like they were for me. As my mum was talking to the store assistant, I walked through the aisles of the store now in my normal clothes  and this one dress caught my attention. It was beautiful. It was simple but elegant. 

The dress wasn't too short and it wasn't too long... It had a matching veil too. It was perfect. My mum came from behind "do you have any dress in mind?" 

I just touched the dress in front of me, my eyes still in awe. "This one." I simply said.

My mum smiled. The dress was bought after the fitting adjustments had been made. 

"It will be ready in a few days" the store assistant said as we walked out of the store.

"Hongbin will love it." My mum said smiling brightly

i giggled to myself and whispered "I hope so..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~

hi it's me! I updated. Hope you are happy and I hope you enjoy. This chapter may be boring but it's just to fill in the time coming towards the wedding. Thank you for all the comments and I hope to update soon. Enjoy xx  ps. Sorry for any mistakes