Chapter 19: Care about me?

Will this work?

YOUR POV

“Hongbin”

My tone was surprised. To be honest I don’t even know why I was surprised when I knew he was behind the door… but I guess when he was finally revealed, a nostalgic wave hit me. I remembered all the nice memories that we had. Hongbin bringing me breakfast, Hongbin making sure I was comfortable at our house and Hongbin planning a party for me.

“Hi ______-ah. It’s good to see you” He gave me a warm smile revealing his dimple. A smile I haven’t seen in a while but could always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I let him through the door without saying anything as I was in utter… surprise?... well just mixed emotions really. I was supposed to be disappointed with him maybe even angry but seeing him smile made me the complete opposite. He was dressed in a grey suit with a blue tie.

‘He really has an obsession with the colour’ I thought remembering the time we wore matching attires when having dinner with his parents.

He greeted my parents casually as I closed the door. I wonder what he’d think of Daehyun.

After greeting my parents Hongbin finally realised Daehyun who trembled at a far distance of the living room. Hongbin’s eyes became puzzled and sad?... Was that a hint of sadness in his eyes?

Realising Hongbin’s path of sight my parents introduced Daehyun.

“Hongbin, this is Daehyun. He’s actually kind of the reason why we invited you here tonight. Let’s start dinner while we talk shall we?” my father lead us to the dinner table.

Hongbin just nodded slowly following my father to the table while giving a small glance in my direction. I sat in the seat next to Daehyun which was opposite to Hongbin. Hongbin’s eyes met with mine and he quickly averted them to the ceiling as he gave a small cough. My father sat in between Hongbin and I whilst my mother sat next to Daehyun.

We were served with our meals and my dad quickly took the silence as an opportunity to have small talk before breaking the news to Hongbin.

“So Hongbin, how have you been?”

“I’ve been good. Just trying to figure out what is best for me”

“Ah good. You know Daehyun here” my mum pointed at Daehyun “He’s becoming the head of his family’s company”

Daehyun blushed at my mum’s sudden conversation subject “Well just because my father wants me to, It’s not that much actually”

The table became silent except for the sound of the cutlery. I looked up at Hongbin who was death staring his food. I smiled to myself. He obviously knew what my parents were trying to get at through this dinner.

My dad began talking to Hongbin again “Hongbin, do you have a girlfriend now? Handsome boy like you should… right?”

My heart clenched Please don’t be in love with someone else

Hongbin dropped his fork and slowly answered my dad. “I don’t think having a girlfriend is very appropriate while I’m still married to your daughter sir”

I sighed in relief Maybe he still did care about me

“MARRIED TO HER?! You don’t see her at all anymore.”

My dad was obviously furious. He was going to continue but my mum cut him short “Don’t lose your temper dear”

My father shook his head and slowly calmed down whilst looking down at his plate

“With all due respect sir. Even if I don’t see her anymore that doesn’t mean I don’t care about her anymore and we are still legally married to each other” Hongbin replied without even glancing at my father. I felt him staring at me the whole time. Care about me? Hongbin still cares for me?

“But I’m sorry to say this son” My dad said in a stern but calm tone “We want you to divorce  ______-ah. She’s been through too much because of you and we have Daehyun here for her now”

Hongbin stayed quiet for a moment his eyes still staring at me.

“Dad.. Please.” I began softly but ended because well I didn’t know what to say

“What _______-ah? You can’t go through this any longer!” he slammed his fork down

“I have to leave” Hongbin sat up from his chair and quickly left the house

The room was silent until I made the decision to run after him. If he wasn’t going to run after me, it would be my turn to run after him… I don’t want to make any more mistakes.

I looked in Daehyun’s direction as I stood up from my chair “I’m so sorry Daehyun. You and I both know we love somebody else. Go find that girl you love and tell her before it’s too late”

He gave me a small smile before I left the house and ran to find Hongbin.

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh gosh I didn’t want to end the chapter here (yes, i know the chapter was short) but the next chapter will be a big one so I wanted you to let this chapter sink in before I give you the next one.Sorry for any mistakes in this chapter ~hopefully you like this chapter and my quick update :) 

Sorry if you didn’t like the whole chapter being in ‘YOUR POV’ it was just a bit easier instead of changing so quickly from hongbin to other characters

Thank you again to all of my commenters, subscribers and up voters. I really appreciate it!!

AGAIN if you have any stories for me to read please give me the link before… because I’m lacking good stories to read AHAHA thanks

Please anticipate the next chapter and tell me what you think will happen!