Chapter 13: Birthday Party pt. 2

Will this work?

YOUR POV

Hongbin had prepared such a beautiful party. I was definitely not expecting this. He had been taking me around the party to meet more and more people. 

"How's the party?" Hakyeon said as Hongbin brought me to the table where Hakyeon, Ravi, Ken and Zinni were sitting at. 

"Fun... Beautiful... Amazing... Indescribable" I replied 

"Hongbin made a great effort" Zinni gestured towards Hongbin who was on my right. 

I looked at him and smiled "thank you" 

A blush formed on his cheeks as his famous dimples came out as he smiled in my direction. 

"Let's go. I want to give you my gift now" Hongbin said taking my hand in his. 

Our hands moulded together as though mine fit perfectly in his palm. As we turned around we were met with a face we did not think would trouble us again.

"Maya?" Hongbin spoke in a confused tone

"Miss me?" She smirked. "You know, it's not nice to plan a party without inviting me.. Your dear FRIEND" 

"we are not friends" Hongbin spat. 

I could feel him shaking as anger rose in him. I gripped his hand tighter in fear and comfort. 

"Oh right. Of course we are not friends. We're a couple aren't we??" Maya's eyebrow twitched as she questioned "but you know if we're a couple why are you holding hands with her?" she fake pouted

I could feel frustration rise in my body as she said the word "couple" it hurt to think that Hongbin may actually still have feelings for her since they were the school's TOP COUPLE

"We aren't a couple either" Hongbin's voice shook in anger "I don't want anything to do with a like you" 

I smirked in my head. DAMN never knew Hongbin could act like this. He is usually so... Composed. Even towards those he didn't like. 

Maya pretended to be hurt as she put her hand to her chest "so you don't want to tell her then?" 

"MAYA. LEAVE. Not today" Hongbin growled as he gritted his teeth

Tell me what? What is she talking about? I kept my thoughts to myself as Maya continued

"You don't want to tell her now?" Maya now stood hands on her hips

"Don't you dare!" Hongbin shouted 

At this point the whole venue became silent as Hongbin stared down Maya. Hongbin's face was flushed with anger and Maya smirked as she became triumphant... 

"You don't have anything to say now huh? Do you have something to say to your wonderful WIFE Hongbin? Do you?" Maya looked towards me

I looked at Hongbin questioninglly. His eyes didn't meet mine. He was keeping something from me. Not today Hongbin. Tell me the truth 

Through gritted teeth Hongbin gulped and said "Maya. Leave" 

That was it. If Hongbin didn't want to say anything then I'll have to speak up. 

"NO Hongbin. Don't you dare tell her to leave when you aren't telling me anything that you should be" I wrenched my hand out of his in anger and frustration.

"__________-ah please don't do this now." He cupped my face in his hands "lets just enjoy the party. Okay? I'll tell you later." 

"When will that later come? You know 'later' won't come so stop trying to change the subject and just tell me dammit!" Tears fell from my eyes as I grew to the realisation that I have had enough 

Zinni stood up from her chair and came to my side. "Let's go for a bit. I'll make sure Hongbin tells you whatever he wants later." She turned towards Ravi, Hakyeon and Ken "Make sure the rest of the party goes smoothly" and lasted she turned to Hongbin with a bitter smile "lead Maya out and talk things through. After that come straight to me" she glared at Maya who returned the look and whisked me towards the back of the venue. 

She closed the door behind us as we went on the balcony. "Look I don't know what Hongbin supposedly needs to tell you but hopefully he gets his together... And if he doesn't I'll give him a piece of my mind because he needs you." 

I laughed at her comment "thanks" 

Zinni was really nice. I only met her today but I just know we will be good friends. She knows how to make people feel better about the situation. It's good to have her around 

We sat in a comfortable silence as I wiped away my tears with a tissue from Zinni. Soon Zinni spoke up "he loves you, you know?" 

"I try to see that but whatever I do... I don't know" 

"He really does love you. Look, if you need to go home I'll take you. I know it's your own party but the others will take care of them..." 

"I'd actually like to go home. I can't stay here without looking embarrassed or feeling uncomfortable that people had to see that" I smiled at Zinni

"okay then. I'll ring Hongbin and tell him I'm taking you home. He can clean with the other boys. Let's go" she said opening the door of the balcony and leading me to her car 

---

Once we got to the house Hongbin and I shared, I got out of Zinni's car and thanked her for everything. I went into the silent house and went to my room. 

A sigh was released from my mouth "everything just..." I silently sobbed as I began thinking of the past few hours... The party... Hongbin... Maya...."later".... I was thinking of the worst possible situations that could possibly happen after today... Soon after my mind calmed down I drifted off to sleep. 

In the middle of the night I heard a creak in the floorboards as someone crept into my room and laid down on my bed. The mattress sinked down as the person wrapped their warm arms around my waist and kissed the back of my neck...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated!! Yay!! I'm so sorry for leaving you for waaaaaay too long! Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters and upvoters. I can't describe how happy I am when I see someone comment... It makes me feel like I'm appreciated hehe ^^ uhm... This chapter wasn't edited very well so I hope you can forgive me! Any constructive criticism is welcome as well... Thanks once again!! 

Okay as a Melody (Btob fan) I just wanted to say... Please listen to Beep Beep by Btob! Thank you :)