Chapter 2: the meeting

Will this work?

YOUR POV

After the whole marriage discussion I dragged my feet  as I went upstairs to my room. 

Once I was in my room I sighed and laid on my bed. "What did I just get myself into" I whispered to myself.

My mind flashes to when I was 7 years old.

*start of flashback*

"Hongbin Oppa. Let's go to the playground" I giggled grabbing my best friend Hongbin's hand

He just nodded and went along. After playing around in the playground we say down on the bench, sweat running down our faces.

"That was fun" Hongbin said quietly. There was a small silence but it wasn't awkward. Things were never awkward with Hongbin. 

"Oppa, when we grow older and go into highschool I'm going to be popular and have a boyfriend. That's my dream. What do you think?"

"Being popular may not be as you think it is. Just be yourself" he smiled

i groaned at his answer but giggled as he pouted. 

We were kids but that was true happiness. 

*end of flashback*

and now.... I'm here in high school. Not popular at all and of course no boyfriend. I don't even have Hongbin anymore. He's off with his girlfriend Maya being the most popular people in school. 

"What a hypocrite" I thought to myself. "I wonder what he thought of this stupid marriage?" 

I was tired of all of this drama in my life. Why couldn't life be as simple as when I was 7? Why did I try so hard to be popular as I was growing up when I had such a great life as a young, innocent girl?... As these thoughts ran into my mind, my mum barged into my room intruding my thoughts. 

"Sweetie. I'm so happy you agreed to this. You are going to be the prettiest bride!" I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"what do you want mum?" I insisted on her getting to the point 

"oh right. We're meeting Hongbin and his family for dinner tonight. I bought you a dress. It's in the bathroom. Go bathe and get ready" she said pulling me off the bed

"oh great meeting my husband" I said sarcastically

She hit me on the arm for my sarcastic comment "just go get ready" 

I went to the bathroom to see a beautiful peach dress that matched my skin tone perfectly. The dress ended right above my knees and matched my black high heels that were left near the dress. 

"Wow" I breathed "for once this marriage has it's perks" I looked at myself in the mirror. My long hair was made into loose curls that sat on my shoulders. This was the first time I felt good about myself, the first time I felt beautiful. 

I stepped out of the bathroom after putting on some jewelry, to find my parents waiting for me, all dressed up in their formal clothing. 

"You look so grown up . Hongbin is going to have a great wife" my dad said pleased with my mother's choice

I mumbled my thanks as I wasn't in the mood after hearing my dad mention Hongbin.

"don't worry. Everything will be alright" mum smiled at me.

I got into the car as our driver drove us to the destination everything was just a blur as I was caught into my thoughts of Hongbin. "What if he isn't the same? Well obviously he isn't the same... If he was the same we'd still be friends" my thoughts were yet again intruded by my mum as we arrived at the dinner reservations. 

I braced myself as I got out of the car. This wasn't going to end well... I thought to myself. 

HONGBIN POV

I waited with my parents outside of the restaurant. I was wearing a black suit with a blue tie. Just to make a good first impression. We were waiting for my future wife... I have no idea who this girl is, but she ruined my life. I had to break up with girlfriend Maya just because I wasn't brave enough to let my parents down. 

"She's here Hongbin- ah be a gentleman. You are marrying her after all." My mum said as I turned around to see her.... I was in so much shock. She looked so beautiful and... Grown up.

"_______-ah?" I said slightly louder than a whisper

She looked up and gave me a small smile. She obviously wasn't as surprised as I was. 

"Hello Mr and Mrs _______. How are you?" I said acknowledging _____'s parents. 

After a small conversation with them my parents lead all of us into the restuarant. 

I trailed behind with ______. She was quiet and probably slightly nervous. "So I'm guessing by your composed face you knew I was going to be your future husband?" 

She nodded silently. "Well I thought I was going to hate his marriage but seeing that it's you... I don't hate it as much" I smiled "you look beautiful by the way. Very mature" 

"Thanks. You look good too" she said glancing up as she gave a shy smile. 

I opened the door as we reached the entrance and pulled her chair out for her when we went to take our seats. I sat next to her with my mum on my other side and my dad sitting alongside _____'s parents in front of us. 

"You don't have to take my seat out for me. Thanks anyway but don't you have a girlfriend" she slowly whispered as our parents were conversing. 

I chuckled at her innocence "I broke up with her and I might as well start acting like your husband"

The dinner lasted a long time as we got to talk about our lives and I got closer with _____. "Just like old times" I whispered and smiled to myself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

well I updated. Even though this chapter was pretty boring  it was to give a bit of a background story for both characters. If you have any suggestions don't be afraid to tell me and thank you . ENJOY ^^  sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes