Chapter 17: Confusion

Will this work?

YOUR POV

My eyes winced at the sudden sight of light. I blinked a few times, figuring out my surroundings.

Beep. Beep. Beep

A constant beeping noise can be heard. White Walls. Hushed Voices.

The voices, I recognise them to be Ken, Ravi and Zinni.

“Hey you’re awake!”

“How are you feeling?”

I hear a chorus of questions and phrases but I feel too weak to answer. My body is in so much pain, my neck hurts as I try to move from side to side. My voice failing to even make a sentence.

“Stop pressuring her to speak Ken. She’s in pain… just give her time to fully recover and figure out where she is” Zinni said calmly sitting Ken back into his seat

“Th-that’s fine” I managed to croak the words out as I shifted in my position. I winced as a pain struck my side. I knew where I was; of course I was in a hospital after the course of events that happened last night.

“Do you know what happened?” questioned Ken

“Ken, don’t ask about that” Ravi said giving Ken a small glare

A small silence filled the room. I did in fact know what happened. I know where I am and why am I here.

A small tear began to fall down my cheek as I remembered the night. Hongbin had called me words I never knew would even come from his mouth. His eyes gave me a glare that I didn’t expect to see… that I didn’t want to see… I wanted him back… that’s all I wanted. I wanted him to come back knowing I was mad at him… I wanted him to show his love truthfully.

But… instead… he just tore me apart. Making me feel even more vulnerable… making me feel like I didn’t matter to anyone in the world… because in the end I realised Hongbin was like a world to me. I became a better person after being with Hongbin for so long… and I thought I was like a world to him… but I guess not.

That night he hit me… pushed me into the bar and left… no second look

Leaving me… breaking me… ending my world.

HONGBIN POV

I opened my eyes. Feeling the throb in my head, the pain in my side and the sense of unfamiliarity. I looked at my surroundings. Hakyeon’s House. I scrunched my nose at the smell coming from my clothes. Alcohol. 

I heard footsteps and Hakyeon came into the lounge where I was taking up the couch.

“oh you’re awake” he said bluntly, giving me a nod

“Why am I here?” I questioned “What happened?”

He scoffed at my questions ‘Why was he being like that?’

“You seriously don’t remember?” He stood there with an unbelievable face

“no…”

“Well all I’m saying is that I’m meeting the others at the hospital because ______ is recovering… from something a certain someone did when they supposedly loved her” He gave me a glare and left the house without any other word

“Wait!” I screamed out but it was no use. I sighed. ________? In the hospital?... obviously that ‘certain someone’ was me but… what the heck did I get myself into.

Putting the pieces together I quickly took my stuff off the counter and left the house driving to the hospital quickly.

“…” I cursed under my breath as brief recollections of last night came into my mind.

I swerved in anger as I grew angry with myself. ‘How could you be so stupid Hongbin?’

Why would I hurt someone who meant the world to me? Why do I have to make the worst decisions? I always end up hurting the people I love.

I finally arrived at the local hospital. Still furious at myself I sat in the car mentally cursing myself. Time to face the consequences… she’s going to hate me even more.

YOUR POV

Hakyeon had finally arrived at the hospital once I was fully capable of speaking sentences and moving around the hospital room. Ravi and Ken had tried to brighten my mood by telling jokes but I don’t think anything could make me smile genuinely today…

And it was all because of him. The person who could make me smile instantly became the reason for my sorrow.

The laughs of Ken, Ravi, Zinni and Hakyeon filled the room but soon drifted off as a figure came into the room. I looked up suspicious of the silence and our eyes met. His eyes full of sadness and hurt.

Before anyone could say anything my face changed and I became cold. I didn’t want to see him or say anything to him… but I knew I would have to. “Why are you here?”

He slowly moved towards the hospital bed, biting his lip nervously. “I came to see you…”

“Why? So you can hit me again?” I asked full of rage now “Because if you do want to hit me, I’m healthy enough to feel all the pain once again” I began to choke on my words as tears were on the verge of coming out but I held them in.

I don’t know why I was being so mean, I could see the pain in his movements and his eyes but I couldn’t help myself. He needed to know how much pain I felt that night. He needed to know how much he tore me apart.

Did he know of my pain?... probably not, because when I was with him I could always smile. Did he know I was called those words frequently after getting married to him? Did he know all the trouble I went through because people didn’t like me, let alone me with him? All the threats, the physical abuse… but I went through all of that because he made me happy and because I thought I made him happy. BUT I’m confused. His actions are confusing to me. Does he truly love me or am I just really someone from an arranged marriage?

“no… I don’t want to hurt you again. It was never my intention to hurt you” He took my hand and kissed the bruises on my wrist. It felt warm as sparks went up my spine. I swatted his arm from my wrist, I glared at him and made it clear… no crystal clear “I DON’T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN YOUR LIFE EVER AGAIN. PLEASE LEAVE. LIKE YOU SAID, YOU DON’T WANT TO BE WITH A LIKE ME”

------------------------------------

WOOH! Drama happening??? of course! 

Hopefully you enjoyed this update. I really enjoyed writing this... for some reason. This is like the only story I'm actually keeping up with so yeah thank you to all my usual commentors, new subscribers and upvoters! You are very appreciated! I'm sorry once again for any mistakes in this chapter... oh and any feedback is welcome! THANK YOU ^^