Chapter 11: "later"

Will this work?

YOUR POV

Sitting in the car I glanced towards Hongbin’s direction where his smile had fallen into a slim line. Silence filled the air as reality kicked in reminding the both of us that “later” had come and we had to speak with each other.

Will he forgive me after this, or will our relationship grow even more distant?

“We’re here” Hongbin said softly as the car came to a stop in our driveway. He opened my door for me as I got out and made my way to the house.

He’s still being a gentleman to me despite his parent’s not being here. Why are you making me feel even more guilty?

As I opened the front door, I made my way to the living room couch and sighed as I sat myself down. Hongbin followed behind me and sat on the other end of the couch leaving a wide gap between us.

Here goes nothing- I thought to myself as I breathed in wanting to start our talk but Hongbin beat me to it.

“__________-ah why?”

I looked at him confused by his words. “Why…what?”

“Why… did you leave me for Hyuk? I thought we both fell for each other”

I looked down at my shoes not wanting to look Hongbin in the eye. It was a stupid decision for me to accept Hyuk but I guess I was so angry at Hongbin wanting to make Maya jealous, I took chances to make me feel better but in the end I’m being left in the dark feeling empty.

“Please answer me” Hongbin pleaded as I was awakened from my trance realising I didn’t answer him yet

“I-I was angry. You wanted to make Maya jealous” I took a deep breath and looked at Hongbin, his face full of frustration, sadness, guilt and concern. “..and you didn’t notice my feelings”

“You didn’t have to go get yourself a boyfriend!” His sudden outburst made me shake in fear and anger

“and you shouldn’t have used me to make Maya jealous if you had so called feelings for me”

My chest heaved in and out as anger took over. Was he actually not being understanding at all?

“You don’t get it anyway. I was finally being recognised. I wasn’t being overlooked for once.”

He glared at me “so you’re just using me to be popular at school?”

“Do you actually think that’s why I’m like?” I scoffed “I fell for you… before our arranged marriage…before you even took a second look at me”

My voice softened as my heart realised my words “You said so yourself at our first meeting for this marriage. You said I looked mature. That was the first time you actually noticed me in ages. Ever since you and I drifted apart.”

Unwanted tears fell from my eyes as my heart ached at my own words. I looked at Hongbin who sat in silence, my words forming in his mind.

HONGBIN POV

“That was the first time you actually noticed me in ages. Ever since you and I drifted apart”

As _____’s words formed in my mind. My heart softened as I realised her pain and suffering. I didn’t know how she felt yet I was blaming her for everything. In the corner of my eye ______’s figure sat there on the other side of the couch, head to the floor and tears falling from her pain struck eyes.

I looked at her solemnly my voice croaked as words started to form softly “I didn’t know… I’m sorry”

I moved closer to her as she continued to cry. I pulled her in my embrace as her cries filled the room.

My guilt is flooding my mind as I see her in tears. I didn’t know her pain and I blamed it all on her.. making her feel bad as I ignored her for weeks.

Her tears began to slow down as she wiped her face and turned her head towards me “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be crying and you shouldn’t be taking care of me after what I’ve done”

It pained me to hear those words. Is she still blaming it on herself?

She removed my arms from her waist and her warmth left my body. An instant reaction took over me as she began to leave. My hand shot straight out and caught hold of her wrist.

“Stay” I simply said

She looked at me in pain and sorrow “I shouldn’t”

I pulled her towards me making her sit next to me on the couch. “Are you still blaming yourself?”

She glanced down not wanting to make eye contact as she nodded without saying anything. I cupped her face making her look at me. “You shouldn’t be blaming yourself” she looked towards the ceiling as my words came out

I continued my sentence “look at me _______-ah. You shouldn’t be blaming yourself. It’s my fault that I didn’t notice my feelings earlier. You had every right to be angry and do those things.”

“no I didn’t have the right when you were being so nice. I’m such an idiot and please don’t let me think anything else” She reached out to take my hands from her face as her eyes filled with tears

I held her face in my hands firmer so she stayed still “_______, you are not an idiot. I forgive you for the things you’ve done.” I let go of her face as she turned in my direction “Did you hear me? I forgive you…I’m sorry for not realising sooner. I’m sorry for making you feel guilty. Please…I want to make our relationship right again.”

A smiled formed on _____’s face. I chuckled at her cuteness “So do you forgive me then?” I smiled playfully

 “I don’t forgive you. You have to do one thing for me ~” she teased as she stuck her tongue out at me

I pouted at her response “what is it then?” I asked as she laid her head down in my lap and extended her legs and feet onto the couch

“You have to prepare a birthday party for me.”

“WHAT? A birthday party? Well… If that’s what you want”

“Of course it is. I’ve never properly celebrated my birthday since our childhood days so I want you to prepare my birthday party. Nothing too big. Invite your friends too”

“Alright then…”I decided to a little “Should I invite your handsome boyfriend Hyuk?”

“YAH! Don’t remind me about my mistakes.” She playfully punched my arm

I laughed at her as she became silent again. I placed a kiss on her nose and she smiled sweetly

“Don’t worry, I forgive you remember?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HELLO!! I know all of you wanted a quick update so.... I updated!(obviously) I hope this satisfies you... uhm thank you for all the comments and to all my new subscribers! <3 If you think the drama is over.,, YOU ARE WRONG!! 

 

I just wanted to update quickly since school will start again tomorrow so I may be a bit busy... but don't worry I'll try to update this story and 'Jealousy' as much as I can! :) Forgive me for any grammar or spelling mistakes... I'm not the best at english even though it is my first language AHA