Chapter 4: Blind Date #02

Only U

 

Chapter 4: Blind Date #02

It was a breezy Saturday morning. Hongbin was inside a flower shop with N.

“Ya! Lee Hongbin! Palli!” N shouted at Hongbin who was currently spacing out. Hongbin apologized immediately.

 He chose a white rose and paid for it. He went out of the shop, N followed him.

“Hyung, do I really need to have a girlfriend?” Hongbin asked.
“Well, yes. Of course you need to have one. You see, that’s how masculinity is based these days,” N answered which made Hongbin nod in response.

They reached the mall and spotted his date waiting for him near the entrance.

“Oh. I’ll leave everything to you now, Hongbin-ie~” N chirped then went off.

Hongbin approached the girl named Yoojung. She has this black hair which complements her fair skin. She looks young which is true, ‘cause she’s just 14.

“I feel like a pedo today,” Hongbin mumbled with a sigh while approaching the girl. “Ani. I’ll just think that she’s my sister,” he nodded in what he thought.

“Annyeong haseyo,” he greeted her then bowed. The girl smiled and greeted back. They went inside the mall to spend some time together after Hongbin gave the rose to her.

 

“I’m sorry if I brought you into this trouble,” Hongbin apologized.
“It’s fine. N oppa just don’t think about stuffs like ages that much,” she said.
“That might be a reason why he let me meet you,” Hongbin realized after some seconds.
“You’re not that slow, right?” the girl chuckled cutely. Hongbin joined her with an embarrassed laugh.

The two of them went inside the arcade and paid for tokens. They started with a basketball match which became quite unfair for Yoojung because Hongbin is tall and could shoot every ball on the ring. Sohyun pouted and just watch Hongbin.

Honestly speaking, Hongbin’s mind was flying. He was reminiscing his memories with Yoonhee. Yoonhee actually love basketball. You would always defeat Hongbin even if he did his best. You’re the best basketball player your school has.

“Oppa! Let’s play a different one,” Yoojung suggested. Hongbin looked at her then nodded a yes.

They walked around the arcade and spotted the claw machines.

“Kyaaa~” Yoojung beamed. “Oppa! Get this for me, pleaaase?” she begged while pointing at the minion doll inside a machine.
Hongbin chuckled. “This only?” he asked while looking at the minion.
“Will you get me more?” she asked him in delight. Hongbin nodded.
“Yay!” she exclaimed excitedly.

Hongbin inserted a coin in the slot and aimed for a minion. In one swoosh! He got the minion doll. Yoojung clapped happily while watching Hongbin reach for the doll in the bin.

They searched for a bigger doll to get. They got to pass by a Super Mario- inspired claw machine. Hongbin stared at it. He suddenly felt nostalgic. Yoonhee would always ask him to get the mushroom-like doll from Super Mario. Unfortunately, Hongbin was just a beginner in claw machines and would always make the doll fall. You would then nag at him and make him practice more to have that doll.

“Oppa?” Yoojung snapped him out.
“Nae?” he asked her smiling.
“I’m hungry now,” she pouted.
Hongbin ruffled her hair. “Arasseo. What do you want to eat?” he asked her.
“Frozen Yoghurt!” Yoojung beamed.

They made their way to a shop that sells frozen yoghurt. Hongbin placed their orders and gave Yoojung her yoghurt.

“Please don’t think anything special about this blind date, Yoojung,” Hongbin suddenly said.
Yoojung nodded. “Nae oppa,” she smiled. “I just want to meet you. That’s all,” she added.
Hongbin gave her a contented smile. “Thank you,” he said then continued eating.

*kriiing~ kriing~*

Hongbin’s phone ringed. He looked at it, Ravi was calling. He answered the call.

“Hong-bin~” it was a familiar voice.
“Yoonhee?”


Dinng~ Who's curious about Hongbin and Yoonhee's past? :)
I'm sorry if this is longer than the other updates.
Please leave comments below. ^^
Thank you! <3
Chapter dedicated to: verse2wo. thank you for reading :">