Chapter 16: Reunited

Only U

Chapter 16: Reunited

"Wow! After how many years Jaehwan?" N sarcastically asked.
"Two years hyung," Jaehwan is currently cutting meat for Jae Hee. 

The kid really looked like Jaehwan but with Yoonhee's nose and smile line.

"I'm glad Jaehee didn't get your nose, hyung," Hyuk chuckled.
"Ya! My nose is not that big!" Jaehwan said then everyone laughed. Jae Hee looked at them then laughed as well. 

"How old is Jae Hee?" N asked then drank his iced tea.

Jaehwan and Yoonhee exchanged glances. Yoonhee nodded at Jaehwan then smiled.

"He's already four years old," Jaehwan answered. 

Everyone dropped their spoons (not literally) then stared at the couple. Their stare was like "why-is-he-old-when-you-just-married-two-years-ago". They all have the same looks. Yoonhee nodded and mouthed that Jae Hee is adopted. They don't want to let Jae Hee grow away from them when he knew about his adoption that's why they don't let him hear of that word. Well, the couple's lucky enough to adopt a kid who looks like them. 

"So, how was your trip?" Yoonhee asked Hongbin casually. 
"It's fine," Hongbin shortly answered.
"Ay, you're no good in conversations," N commented on Hongbin's answer.
"Trip? Chocolates?" Jae Hee beamed then moved to sit on Hongbin's lap. "Hyung! Jae Hee wants chocolate. Give me!" the kid ordered cutely while handing out his palms dirty from the food.

- - -

"Both of you need to treat us someday," N said after dropping the family in front of their house. 
"Yes Oppa. We will. On Jae Hee's birthday," Yoonhee answered. 
N smiled at them, closed the car's window and then left. 

Jae Hee is fast asleep when they arrived inside the house. Yoonhee made him lie on the bed, kissed his forehead before going out once more to talk to Jaehwan.

"Jagi?" Yoonhee called out.
"I'm at the kitchen," Jaehwan answered. 

Yoonhee went to the kitchen and saw Jaehwan lighting candles on a cupcake. "What's that for?" Yoonhee asked.
"It's our first official date as a family, well, not to mention with the WHOLE family," Jaehwan chuckled. 
Yoonhee walked towards him and smiled. "Thank you for understanding me," she said then kissed his cheeks. 
"When you're ready, we'll just send Jae Hee to them," Jaehwan said while smiling. "Blow the candle now," he added.
Yoonhee blushed at what he said then blew the fire on the candle off. She hugged his waist tightly and rested her head on his chest. 

"I promise to tell you when I am all ready," she whispered smiling lightly.