Chapter 14: Aftermath

Only U

“Woaaah! Beannie! YOU’VE CHANGED A LOT!!!” N couldn’t contain his feels upon seeing Hongbin.

Approximately 2 and a half years have passed since the last time Hongbin set foot on this country.

Hongbin just grinned at what his hyung had commented on him.
“Did you bring your girlfriend?” Ravi wiggled his eyebrow expecting.
“Why would I have a girlfriend?” Hongbin chuckled.
“Aish.. I thought you’ve changed,” N shook his head. “You’re still the same Hongbin who left without telling me anything last two years ago!” he added.
“Aw.. Mianhe hyung. I wasn’t able to inform you about that. But that’s already in the past! Let’s live in the present!” he said excitedly. “Come on. Let’s eat something Korean. I missed the foods here. EVERYTHING WILL BE MY TREAT!” he shouted. The other boys cheered as they rode a van to the mall.

The group of men went inside a samgyupsal stall and chose their spot. They ordered everything that they thought they could gobble after all, Hongbin will pay for it.

“How was life in Paris?” Leo asked while they were waiting for the food.
“It’s fine. I worked there as a photographer,” Hongbin replied.
“Oh... So, your hobby didn’t really go unused, right?” N chuckled, Hongbin just smiled.
“Did they pay you well, hyung?” Hyuk asked him.
Hongbin nodded.  “That’s why I’m treating you today,”

After some moment, the meat arrived half-cooked together with the other side dishes. Hyuk started grilling the meat while the other men talk.

“Did you have any news about Yoonhee?” Hongbin asked then stuffed his mouth with a slice of meat.

All shook their head.

 “Yoonhee left the city with her husband after their wedding. They didn’t contact us in any way,” N explained. Hongbin nodded in reponse.
“You still can’t get over with her?” Leo asked.
“Nae,” Hongbin replied. “She’s perfect. I can’t compare her to anyone else,” he sighed. “Ken’s lucky to have her,” he added.
“Eyy. Man up hyung! Yoonhee noona’s already married. Move on now!” Hyuk exclaimed.
Hongbin smiled then continued eating without uttering a single reply.

They all ate the meat as if there’s no tomorrow left. They joked and laughed about stuffs which happened never daring to say a thing about Yoonhee. After some moment, a kid, about 3 or 4 years old approached Hongbin.

“Ahjussi, can I have some meat?” the little boy asked Hongbin cutely while extending his palms out.
Hongbin let out a chuckle, “here you go little kid,” he said after handing him a small plate filled with meat.

The kid sat on a chair on their table with them. The guys looked at each other then left their gazes at the kid with them.

“Yah. Little kid. Do you know who we are?” Ravi asked.

The boy looked up at him and nodded. “Nae. Ravi hyung,” he then giggled.

The men exchanged looks, confused. Who is this little kid?