De Javu

Only U

Chapter 17: De Javu

“Hyung! Why are you even pushing me?” he pouted while putting his shirt on. Today was Friday and N arranged him to a blind date.
“You’ve been single for a year like a gay. tss,” N told him quite annoyed of Hongbin’s unstoppable questions.
“Aish. What if this would not work out?” Hongbin asked. “Girls would always think that I’m gay,” he added.

What he just said was true. Actually, a year before, same day, he left Korea because her ex-girlfriend married someone who is not him. Up to now, he still made no contact with any girl. He made a big gap between his world and the world of the girls. Girls would call him gay and stuffs. No one could blame them. Hongbin was always this shy type but too handsome guy.

"De javu," Hogbin thought. This happened a year ago. When he unexpectedly met her again and dated her secretly but had to stop because she's already engaged. He sighed with the sudden rush of memory. 

"Do I look good?" he asked N. N raised his thumbs up. 
"You never even looked bad," Hyuk chuckled. He smiled. 

Hongbin bid goodbye to his friends and went off to the cafe where he was supposed to meet his blind date. He arrived at the cafe earlier and ordered a tall cup of iced coffee. He looked around to check if there is anyone similar to how N described. Well N really did not describe his date. He just said, "You'll know it's her when you see her," with a snicker. Hongbin sat facing the door of the cafe so he'll be able to see who comes and go. 

A couple of minutes later, the door opened and a girl wearing a pastel pink A-line dress showed. She's wearing white sneakers and a snapback. Hongbin looked at her face and was surprised at what he saw.

"Yoonhee?" Hongbin mumbled.

The girl saw him and smiled at him. Hongbin stood and smiled back at her. She approached him giddily and immediately offered her hand for a handshake as she arrived in front of him.

"Annyeong haseyo," she greeted. "I'm Kim Ahyoung," she smiled.

"I see it's not her. She just looks exactly like her," Hongbin noted to his self.

"Lee Hongbin," he answered as he shook her hand with a smile. "Do you want some coffee?" he offered. 

"Iced coffe," she asnwered. "Thank you~"

The two of them talked about each other and really got a long pretty well. Hongbin was surprised how N was able to find someone like Yoonhee, add the fact that she looks like her. 

"Hongbin-ssi, thank you for this day," Ahyoung bowed lightly as she stands in front of her apartment's gate. 

"Thank you too. I'm looking forward to our next meet," he smiled. "Can I call you?" he asked shyly.

Ahyoung chuckled and smiled at him. "Of course," she handed a business card to him and bowed again. "Have a safe trip,"

Hongbin walked to his car and bowed before getting in. "N hyung's right. I'll know it's her when I see her," he mumbled to his self and waited until Ahyoung entered the apartment before going.