Closure

Only U

Chapter 18: Closure

Today is a Sunday afternoon. It has been raining since early this morning and it seemed that the weather wants to get to spice up the meeting that Yoonhee and Hongbin planned. Yoonhee asked Hongbin to meet her at a cafe because she has something really important to tell him. She has finally decided to let go of her feelings and really start anew with her husband, Ken. Luckily, the same goes in Hongbin's mind. He now wants to fully move on and be happy of the present.

It is not sudden. It just happen that there comes a point in time that people finally realize the end of certain happenings. Love ends. Friendship ends. Even heartbreak ends. It may take time but everything always has an end. People just need to consult their selves and accept the facts laid in front of them.

[SNS]

14:05
Yoonhee: Yah! Oppa. Where are you?
14:08
Hongbin: I'm on my way. Rain is pouring hard. Wait for awhile.
14:09
Yoonhee: Faster!
14:09
Hongbin: 10 minutes.

Yoonhee grabbed her cup of latte and sip the hot coffee to calm herself. She's quite irritated because her heart is not at ease. She already wants to spill everything that she wanted to tell Hongbin, go home, kiss her husband and play with her little boy.

Ten minutes passed.

[SNS]

14:20
Yoonhee: Not here yet?
14:21
Hongbin: ...

Hongbin entered the cafe and spotted Yoonhee immediately. He checked his reflection on the mirror by his side and fixed his hair before approaching her. His heart is beating loudly for he is not quite sure if what he is going to hear is good or bad for his decision. He let out a deep breath and tapped Yoonhee's shoulder with a smile.

"Finally, Oppa!" Yoonhee stood and hugged him. "I thought it would take you another ten minutes before arriving," she added.

"You know that I don't do that," he chuckled. Both of them took a seat, across each other.

"So what is it that you're going to tell me?" Hongbin asked.

"Well, actually..." Yoonhee looked at her cup then at Hongbin's face. "I want to officially close our relationship," she answered. "I want to live my life committed to Jaehwan and our son. But it doesn't mean that I'll end our friendship. I still want you and our other friends to be together. No hard feelings. And you probably know that Jaehee really enjoys receiving all of his uncle's love," she smiled at the thought. "Is that fine with you?" Yoonhee asked.

Hongbin let out a sigh which made Yoonhee tilt her head a bit. "That's great!" Hongbin exclaimed with a smile, Yoonhee mentally thanked all the gods she knew. She thought that Hongbin would be against it.

"You know Yoonhee, I really loved you and I was deeply hurt. But I know that time heals everything," he held her hands which were tightly clasped together. "I'm glad that you're happy with your family, even if it made me feel the hurt sometimes. I can endure that," Hongbin smiled. "I am glad that you opened this up. I'm fine with anything as long as you're happy with your decision," he said.

"Really?" Yoonhee asked and earned a nod as an answer.

She let out her hand for a handshake. Hongbin willingly shook her hand with a smile that shows the deep dimples on his cheeks.