Betrayal

The Demons Around Me(Sequel to The Demon Inside Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter is unedited!

Enjoy! -K.L

"Nam Woohyun! Where are you going!" Kyungmi's attention averted to Woohyun who had just hopped over the counter to run out the door. Her cellphone rung at a really good time making her wonder what could have went wrong. 

 

"Kyungmi. Where are you right now?" Sunggyus voice sounded like he was out of breath. 

 

"Sunggyu are you okay? Woohyun left work all of a sudden. Is everyone okay?" She asked 

 

"god damn it Kyungmi! Don't avoid the question. Where. Are. You." She could imagine him gritting his teeth and from the sound of it, he was not very happy.

 

"I-I'm at work." Kyungmi replied to him warily. 

 

"Is that Luhan kid there with you?" Kyungmi stopped breathing for a second when she looked over at the table to meet the smiling Luhan, who was currently waving happily to her. 

 

"Han Kyungmi. Is he there." 

 

"Y-yes." She gulped. Sunggyu let out a long sigh and the phone picked up a loud bang. Kyungmi knew what destruction Sunggyu could cause when he was angry. 

 

"I want you home right now." He commanded. A couple of exclamations in the background retaliated before Sunggyu yelled back, "I don't care! I want her home now." He had replied.

 

"Come home now. Before I come there to get you myself." And with that he hung up. Kyungmi quickly took off her apron and turned off the coffee machines.

 

"Luhan, Tao. I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to close the cafe a little early today. I have a situation at home" Luhan and Tao happily obliged as they walked her out. 

 

"Should we walk you home or..." Luhan shyly asked. 

 

"Nope! Thank you though. I'll see you tomorrow in class. Nice meeting you Tao. Here have some cookies." Kyungmi happily handed him a paperbag of the sweet smelling goodies. Tao blinked several times before he took a hold of the bag. He watched her wave goodbye and jogged away, with her curls bouncing off her back, innocently.

 

"I told you she's not as bad as Kris thought." Luhan said as he placed a firm grip on the younger ones shoulder. Tao let his own feelings slipped for a bit before he harshly shook off his hold. "You're wrong. She is just as bad as he thought she is." He threw the bag on the floor before Luhan ran to pick it up. 

 

"Suit yourself... Hm. I wonder what situation she's got herself into." Luhan wondered as he dusted off the bag of cookies

 

"Let's just say a really bad one that Minseok hyung caused." Tao smirked. Luhans eyes grew big before he turned the devilish male around. 

 

"What did he do?" 

 

~~

 

"Hyung! You told her?!! Thats totally against the rules!" Woohyun exclaimed. Sunggyu paced around with a sack of stress on his back, "Kyungmi is a grown girl, she can take the truth. Besides I didn't tell her anything specific."

 

"I think you're missing the point here. You were the one who was so determined to lying to her in the first place, remember? Uh.. Earth to Sunggyu hyung, you wanted to protect her no matter what." Hoya pointed out as he dabbed the sheet of sweat on the painful maknaes forehead.

 

"Myungsoo is coming with the medicine.. It'll only be temporary. We're not human remember?" Dongwoo cooed. "Well then how are you going to break it down to our innocent queen." Chanyeol sat himself on the sofa next to Sungjong.

 

"I'll tell her. She believes me." Sungjong winced in pain as he clutched his pulverized leg. "Hey you're not the only one she believes." Sunggyu snapped causing the maknae to roll his eyes.

 

"Hey.. Thanks for saving my out there. I dont know what would've happened if you werent there." he thanked the elder. Chanyeol gave him a quick wink before he bid the others goodbye. "I'll catch you guys later. My physics exam is tomorrow. Stay strong kiddo. Tell the queen I said hi." he said before he jumped out the window.

 

"Thats not weird at all.. someone who clearly looks like a human who really isn't, falling from the 9th floor." Dongwoo laughs at Hoya's outbreak before Woohyun shakes his head in dissapointment. "He's too careless about concealing his powers." he says. 

 

When Kyungmi ran into familiar faces, she got more worried by the minute. Chanyeol passed her with a big smiled before he stormed off to his car. When she reached the hallway, she also saw Myungsoo rush into her loft.

 

Kyungmi opened the door to see a party of 6 stuffed into her living. Her eyes locked onto the dented fridge in the kitchen and back to a groaning figure in pain on her couch. She rushed over and fell into a hole of horror. 

 

"S-sungjong... Who did this to you?!" Kyungmi quickly grabbed a pillow to elevate his leg that was casted badly with a homemade temporary remedy. "We need to get him to the hospital." She said before Woohyun pulled her back. "Relax, he will heal remember?" Kyungmi's tensed shoulders fell with an exhale. 

 

"I forgot.." she murmured. "You'll be okay right? What happened? Was it another entity?" she asked as she kneeled beside him. Myungsoo fed Sungjong some of the mysterious pills before he fell to the floor in exhaustion from the journey he took to get here.

 

"Why dont you ask your dear/deer(hehe see whut i did thur...) friend Luhan." Sunggyu spat before Dongwoo patted his shoulders. "And what would Luhan have to do with this?" Kyungmi rested her hands on her hips.

 

"Nothing! Nothing.. Sunggyu here is just a little jealous.." Dongwoo let out one of his signature laughs to release the tension going on between the bickering couple. Dongwoo cautiously rubbed her back to comfort her as he sent a death glare to Hoya and Woohyun, who were standing there bored by their dramatic scene. The next thing they knew, they were forcfully dragged into the mess themselves

 

"Thats right! We love our little dongsaeng, Kyungmi." Woohyun yanked her poor head to his chest as he squeezed her. "Aigoo.." he said before he let go. 

 

"Our one and only!" Hoya's awkward smile made the act more inconvincing than it already was as he ruffled her hair. Myungsoo pinched one of her cheeks and cooed her like she was a little baby. "Dont forget your favorite Oppa, Myungsoo!" he said. Sunggyu let out an animalistic growl as Kyungmi stood there awkwardly.

 

 "Cut the crap, will you.. The maknae is dying here!" Sungjong announces with exhasperation. "Oh shut up, I just fed you some of those human pills.." Myungsoo eyed him.

 

~~

 

A week past like a bullet. Sungjong had gotten better and Junhong had started to go back to school after a long lecture from Kyungmi. His broken hand was explained as a skateboarding accident. 

 

Tis final week; a week of hell had awaited the young couple. Kyungmi had cooked up a big breakfast for the two to prepare for the busy week they have  ahead of them. Sunggyu had just woken up; he came down freshly shaved and teeth brushed before he gave his wife a good morning kiss.

 

"I'm coming over to my classmates house today.. As much as I wanted us to work at home, where you are, the kid insisted that we worked at his house in case I get distracted by you." he snickered as he helped to bring food to the table.

 

Kyungmi gasped and looked offended to j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter