Exchange Student?

The Demons Around Me(Sequel to The Demon Inside Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyung Mi POV

 

"Kyung Mi, wait up!" Sunggyu's footsteps pattered behind me. I angrily plopped the jungle of keys from my pockets onto the marble counter of our kitchen as Sunggyu slams the door behind him.

 

"Babe..I dont know why you're so angry about this... I thought we've dreamt of this before. Are you really going to go back on your words? Our words? Is it because I didn't properly propose to you? Kyung Mi, we went through this before, you said you didn't want to deal with the typical sappy proposals." I felt his hand grip mine but I harshly shook it off and headed to my refridgerator to get an ice cold cup of water to cool myself down.

 

"I'm not angry because we are doing this Sunggyu. I know that we've thought this through together before.. But you did not consult with me before finalizing the date for our wedding!" I slammed the cup down on the table. 

 

"Ok. So what you're basically saying is, you think my decision is rash and that we are rushing our relationship.. " Sunggyu lets out a frustrating sigh.

 

"No! I am not! See there you go! Doubting me again, Sunggyu. You're being ridiculous and its really frustrating!" I rest my hands on my hips. "You have no idea what is on my mind right now! It's like you dont get me at all!" Being tired of this pointless argument, I my heels to walk upstairs.

 

"Well then tell me, sweetie! Tell me what I can do better! I'm dying to know!" Sunggyu grabs me just in time and pushes me against the refridgerator. He looks deeply into my eyes causing me to react slower than usual.

 

"Please tell me.. I'm sick of not being able to provide for you.. I.." he lets out a sigh and looks down at our feet to hide his weary expression. "I just want to be a better person for you.. I.. I thought that if we could just get the wedding over with now, we could get it out of the way and start this new chapter of our lives.. Clearly, I was just thinking of myself."

 

There were moments like this where Sunggyu was just the most adorable man on Earth, Heaven and Hell. Of course he wasn't the best man that I could ever ask for, but he was good enough to be mine. Pointless arguments tend to lead us to a late date out in the balcony, or a cute cuddle session to sleep. Sometimes we would even pick on each other because we weren't use to being normal couples on Earth.

 

I smiled and held his cheek, he leans into my touch and fixates his gaze back to me, " Look Sunggyu.... You know that I love you. And I love you very much.. I dont know what else I can do to make you believe me that my heart only belongs to you. I'm just.. I'm scared, Sunggyu. I'm not ready to be a Queen.. I'm young and inexperienced. You're gonna be a great King.. But me? I'm.. I'm just this young child.." I felt the inevitable tears layer, blinding my eye sight before it finally falls.

 

"Hey... You are not a young child.. You are a full grown, beautiful woman. I've seen such improvement in you and many of us do as well.. Look I'm not good at all of this sappy love talk, but I just want to say that because... because you aren't just any woman.. You are my woman. You are my queen.. Okay?" Sunggyu pulls me into his arms. His presence assured that I will not go through this alone.. I will go through this with the only man I love.. Kim Sunggyu.

 

~~

 

It was the first day of Summer in Seoul; Winter, my favorite season,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter