The Past

The Demons Around Me(Sequel to The Demon Inside Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One POV

 

"Your heighness, the Prime Minister, his wife and their son are here to visit you." Looking out the window, was a tall figure of greatness casting a shadow with his broad shoulders. The night sky in hell was peaceful, with the sounds of absolutely nothing. He raised his left hand; large and rough, with a few calluses. A shiny venetian red ring beams on his fourth finger. The servant bows in response to his command and the corridors open.

 

"My lord." the Prime Minister enters and bows. The servants closed the doors behind them for privacy. The figure of authority turned around and greeted the party of 3 happily. "Sunghyun Hyung..." a smile casted his face as he shook his hand.

 

Sunghyun returned a beam and grapsed his hand firmly. "How are you, Kyungjae?" he asked. "This is my family by the way. You've met Eun Hee, my wife" Eun Hee shyly greets the King before receiving a hand shake. The King looked behind Eunhee to see a small timid little boy. He knelt down to see the boy hide behind his mother, tightly holding her hand.

 

Kyungjae chuckles at the cute little boy. "He looks quite a lot like you, Sunghyun Hyung." 

 

"Show some respect. He is the King of our world, son." Sunghyun gives him a little nudge. Kyungjae offers him his hand and grins, the little boy hesitates but eventually grabs him, shaking lightly.

 

"Annyeonghashimnikka King Kyungjae, Sunggyu imnida.." he bows at a 90 degree angle before he waddles back to his original position, quietly hiding behind his mother.

 

"Please have a seat." Kyungjae sits and everyone else follows his action. "Tea?" he asks as he pours himself a cup. Sunghyun nodded and receives the cup of tea.

 

"How is Haneul?" Kyungjae smiles as he takes a sip of his tea. "She's doing well." 

 

"And the baby?" 

 

"It's a girl." Kyungjae announces happily. He ignores the Sunghyun's bitter face as his wife beside him, clasped her hands in joy. "The future leader of this world cannot be a woman." Sunghyun mutters.

 

"Well then I'll just live for eternity haha! Come! Haneul awaits us in the dining room." Kyungjae leads the family of 3 to the glorious dining room. "Where is Haneul?" he asks one of the servants. The servants pranced around nervously as he panicked, "Her highness is in labor."

 

"What! Why didn't you tell me!" Kyungjae wasted no time and effort on the servant and rushed to the Imperial infirmar. Sunghyun and his family frantically follow his highness. Kyungjae ran as fast as he could, following the once calm, sweet and soothing voice of his wife that is now screaming and yelping in pain. "Haneul ah!" Kyungjae barges through the heavy doors to see something he would never hope to see again.

 

Haneul was strapped down with heavy leather belts, sweating profusely and writhing in pain. Without a step further the councilman showed his palm, signaling halt. "My king, you must stay safe. Do not come any further." 

 

A scattering of surgical tools echoed when it was knocked over by Haneuls kicking. "Hold her down!" the councilman advised. The assistant imperial physician was scrolling through an ancient book of mysterious words. "Councilman, we cannot keep her any further. If we want to keep the baby, we must take her life."

 

"No! Dont you dare!" Kyungjae stumbles through the croud of nurses to his wife's bedside. "Kyungjae no! Stay away from her!" The council gave him a warning before Kyungjae could react to the new site of his once beautiful wife. "Haneul ah.. Hang in there. We promised that we would get through this together."

 

His eyes widened, Haneul's skin was as white as snow, teeth the size of a lion, eyes as blue as the ring that she wore. Before he could step back, possesed Haneul broke the strap on her arm and slashed the king's beautiful face. Kyungjae fell back, half of his face numb from the coldness of the impact, cold blood dripping onto his royal attire as the group of nurses struggle to restrap her.

 

Sunghyun quickly hushed his wife, who was currently covering little Sunggyu's face, out the corridor. He rushes to the king's side to stop the bleeding on his face. "Just kill her and get the baby!" Sunghyun suggested. "No! We can't do that! Plea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter