Blood

The Demons Around Me(Sequel to The Demon Inside Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LONG UPDATE.. THE LONGEST I'VE EVER WRITTEN OTL LOL.. 

Unedited 07/01/15

Enjoy.

CRACK!

 

The handmade dome of solid rock bursted into pieces that ranged from slabs to pebbles. Kris was pissed. The sight in front of him pushed him off the edge. He cannot back down. He can't afford to. Not after all that he has done.

 

Kris lets out a cackle. "You think a bunch a rocks will stop me, Kyungsoo?" he slowly shows them his palm. The tattoo of a dragon started to glow and glimmer while his eyes turned into the evilest shade of red. His skin started to peel and turned into the texture of  dragons scale, his bones started to crack and deform while he howled in pain. Kris was sadistically laughing at the pain it had given him.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened in horror, "How.. How could you.. Thats impossible, you're.. you're a freak." he felt a cold hand on his arm followed by a soft whisper. "Kyungsoo, what is he.." Kyungmi asked.

 

Kris belted out a roar that shook the ground. "What's the matter, you act like you haven't seen Maru before, Kyungsoo." The creature that was once Kris, or is still Kris, stands before him. The 25 foot dragon showed his killer teeth and red flashing eyes. Kyungsoo protectively backed up and enclosed his arms, pushing Kyungmi behind is back. "I've seen Maru before.. I just haven't seen you... and Maru, in one body." 

 

"I had desperate measures, Kyungsoo. It took me a very long time to figure it out, but I did it. Here I am. My own creation. We call ourselves, Wang Maru."

 

Myungsoo gulped as the beads of sweat on his head slowly slid down his sideburns. "We are so ed, Kyungsoo." 

 

~~

 

Meanwhile, an injured figure appears from the woods, limping to a nearby hidden lab. He pushes himself off the ground once again and makes his way swiftly to the keypad, his bloody fingures trembling as he pushes in the pin. The piece of technology beeps and he makes it inside, shutting the door with his back. He coughs up a bit  amount of blood before cleaning his mouth with his sleeves.

 

"Luhan." the hooded figure emerges from the shadows. Luhan's puffed eye struggles to make out the figures face. But his bleached hair was enough for him to figure out his identity. The bleached headed boy came rushing to him. "Tao.. We need to stop him. Wheres Jongdae." 

 

Tao helps him settle in a chair while he slowly bites his tears back. "Hyung.. Jongdae is.. he's dead." Luhan slumps down into the chair in pain and grief. "Oh my god." Tao grabs a gauze and tends the deep wound on Luhans abdomen. "We have to stop Kris. He's getting way too serious. Minseok is out there killing off the other Exo K members. He's programmed. He's in programmed and I dont know how to stop-"

 

"What do you mean he's ow- programmed." he flinches when Tao ups the pressure on his abdomen. "Kris put something into his body. Kris is insane. He's doing whatever it takes to get those rings." The ground started to shake and the sound of a roar was echoed from a distance. "That.. That sounds like Maru." Luhan said.

 

"It's not.. I mean it is but it's..." Luhan looks at Tao and into his eyes. He felt a wave of fear washing over his body as if all the blood in his body had flushed out. This was the first time he saw something in Tao that he never saw. Not even once in their decades of being friends. He saw fear.

 

"Luhan.. Maru is no longer Maru.. Kris is Maru now. Kris he.. He found out how to morph himself and now he's a in dragon." Tao bursts out and his tears came rushing down. "Hyung.. I can't believe I caused this. I'm such an idiot. I shouldve listened to you. I betrayed the Queen's orders. She'll never forgive me for that." Luhan sniffled trying to hide all of his tears being the Hyung he is and rests a warm hand on his shoulder. "Hey Hey stop it. Look.. It's not your fault. The past is the past and it's now that matters. Tao.. You  have the kindest heart out of all of us. You're brave and never hesitant when it comes to protecting us. It's just.. Kris saw that and he took advantage of you. But you can prove him wrong."

 

Tao stopped crying and looked into his Hyung's eyes. "Are you ready to redeem yourself?" Luhan's face scrunched in pain. "My wound will get better, but I won't be able to find whatever Kris ed himself up with.. Tao, you need to go find the solution. I believe in you. I'll distract them as much as I can." Luhan braced himself using the arms of the chair. 

 

Tao looked at the vulnerable Luhan and blinked several times to register what he needed to do. The blood samples. "You look like you figured something out. Go! Quick." Tao put the all the trust he had in Luhan and sprinted to the safe near Kris' desk. He punched in a few numbers and the machine let out an approving jingle. "Now I need the book.. . Where the can the book be?"

 

~~

 

Luhan ran as fast as he could, grunting in every staggaring step. He saw a small glow under an oak tree and ran towards it. "Lay!" he whispers. "Luhan." Lay rests his head onto the trunk of the tree, sweating and fatigued. "What happened." Luhan saw the missing hand on Lay's chest. "Oh no.. The living dead ritual." 

 

"Luhan I dont have enough energy to heal myself.. But I have enough for you.." he reached out to Luhan's abdomen only to be pushed away. "No! Are you crazy? Use it on yourself" Luhan couldn't take it anymore. The tears that he held back only pushed itself out. "Lay.. Please.. " He muffled his cry, embracing Lay into his shoulder. "Not you too. I wont let you die."

 

"Luhan.. We both know who's able to stop Kris. And it's not me." Lay stated in his weak voice. "I can get you help, you just need to wait-"

 

"Luhan I can't wait anymore. The queen can't wait anymore. The safety of this world can't wait anymore." Luhan was silenced by the truth in his words. "I was a coward, Luhan. I saw this coming and I should've done something before you all were dragged into this and.. killed." Lay let out a long sigh. Luhan slowly let Lay's limp body back down. He reached his hand to Luhans wounds and slowly mended them.

 

Luhan saw the life being out of Lay as he felt more stronger and angrier. He bit his quivering lip and shut his eyes, silencing his sobs as Lay's eyes closed. 

 

"Thank you, Lu ge" was the last thing he heard from Lay.

 

Luhan quickly rested Lay's arms on his torso and plucked a few flowers nearby. He set them between his chest and gave him one last glance. He let out a breath of determination before sprinting towards the battlefield. 

 

~~

 

"Suho! Minseok's thinking about coming after you next!" Sungjong yells. Minseok snarled in fury at the annoyance of Sungjong. "Your stupid little power is very annoying. I'll just have to shut you up first." Minseok mumbled to himself. Suho registers Minseoks warning and sets his eyes on the target. 

 

Sungjong was too aware of Suho's safety when he read another of Minseok's thought. "Dongwoo, watch out- oof" Minseok swings his fist into Sungjongs jaw.

 

"Ha! You fell for it!" Minseok said before he toward his body over the fragile Sungjong. "Time for your premature death." 

 

"No!" Dongwoo blasted some wind towards Minseok, distracting him from Sungjong. Sungjong gets on his feet before retreating but he was too slow. Minseok had already projected his frostbite powers to stop his footsteps. 

 

"Ahh!" Sungjongs rigtht foot had been frozen to the ground and it slowly progresses. "Oh my god.."

 

Minseok laughed in victory, "You'll lose your foot at some point." he figured that this would scare him off enough, he wouldnt be a threat anyway so he focused himself back into the battle of the others.

 

"Look over here, Minseok." Chanyeol held a spark of fire in his hand, juggling it like it was a circus act. "Chanyeol.. You wouldn't dare hurt your hyung." 

 

"He won't, but I will." With Sungjongs leg immobilized, he tried his best to pick up a nearby baseball and chucked it behind Minseoks skull. Minseok falls unconscious onto the ground and the frost stops progressing.

 

"How the hell do I get out of this?" Sungjong panics. He reaches over to a bat rack and readys himself to use the bat to break off the ice. "Don't! You dont wanna do that. You might bright off your foot. Minseok's ice is a part of your leg now. If the ice breaks, so will your leg." Chanyeol advises. "Stay here." 

 

Suho was one of the few ones standing left. With Minseok injured, it was up to him to fight Jaejoong. "Awh how cute. You must be the leader of these pathetic Angels. Sadly, only the Demons run this world, boy. Angels are weak." his eyes flashed in the dark. Suho sent a strike of water towards his body but it was only nullified by Jaejoong. "How many times do I have to tell you. You're powers will not work on me!"

 

Before the blink of an eye, Jaejoong appeared right in front of Suho and released a punch of force strong enough to send him flying across the gym floor, creating a hole in the side of the gym.

 

With no sign of response left from Suho, Jaejoong let out a laugh before locking his eyes onto Chanyeol and Dongwoo. "You've got a plan?" Chanyeol looks at Dongwoo and back at Jaejoong. 

 

"From what i saw, it takes about 2 seconds in between each stage of nullification, if I could use my wind powers on him and he puts all of his concentration on nullifying it, I can get close enough to hit him." Dongwoo, the genius in disguise remarks.

 

"We're gonna have to win this fight using brutal force and our hands.. I'll take care of him, you make sure Minseok is still knocked out." Dongwoo lowly murmurs. Jaejoong gave them a crooked smile and rushes towards Dongwoo with a blow of wind before a right hook. Dongwoo manages to duck and takes his own right hook into the stomach of Jaejoong.

 

Dongwoo waited for a grunt but the right hook brought himself his own grunt in pain. He holds his currently throbbing right hand. "Holy ! My hand.. It's.."

 

"Broken." Jaejoong cackles. "I'm not the top dog for a reason. But my unfortunate death stopped me from my reign." Jaejoong approached Dongwoo who was scrunched up on the cold floor.

 

"I forgot to tell you. My old nickname use to be Iron Man. Can you figure why?"

 

"You are dead, Jaejoong. Now stay dead." A voice from the entrance emerged. Jaejoong turned his head towards the door to meet Tao with a bow and arrow. Before he could react, a sharp bow pierced through his heart. Jaejoong grabbed the arrow and yanked it out of his heart. He was expecting to not feel a thing, he was expecting that a mere arrow could not pierce through his skin, why? 

 

"Wondering why this arrow could pierce through your iron skin, Jaejoong?" Tao smirked. "It's enchanted with dark magic. A certain casted spell that actually contains your blood sample in it."

 

Jaejoong felt onto his knees as he felt his skin start to burn. "You mean.."

 

"Yes, Jaejoong. I just used your nullifying powers against you. And now you're going to die.. again." Jaejoong could no longer talk. His body started to deteriorate into a pile of dust. Tao rushes to the limp bodies and checks  their pulses. 

 

"Everyones fine, theyre just knocked out. I've got Minseok strapped on the basketball hoop with tug a war rope that I found in the equipment room." Chanyeol reported. "Thanks.." he said.

 

"Thank Luhan. But where are the others? I need to kill Kris before he does anything further." Tao hastily gathered his bow and arrows. He runs towards Minseok and his unconscious body searching for a chip. "Bingo." He spots it behind his ear and rips it out. Minseok groans and falls into a deep sleep.

 

"They headed toward the woods further north from here. I heard a roar. Was that Maru?" Chanyeol asked. "It's more than Maru.. I gotta go. Take the others somewhere safe." Tao advises before he slips out into the darkness.

 

Wang Maru whips his large tail and swipes Myungsoo and Kyungsoo aside like bread crumbs off a table. He turns to face Kyungmi and snarls. Kyungmi looks over to Sunggyu who was tumbling on the ground with his father. 

 

"Why hello, my Queen. You look more beautiful in person... I just want to eat you alive" he lets out a roar. Kyungmi hits him square in the jaw with an ice spear to only have him laugh hysterically. "You think you and your little ice princess powers can phase me? Even all of you at the same time can't take me on. I'm so powerful you can't even imagine!" He lets out a fiery breath.

 

"Holy " Kyungmi blocks the fire with an ice wall, but it shatters like pixie dust sending Kyungmi onto her back. She slowly gets herself back onto her foot and groans at the backpain t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter