Wedding Bells

The Demons Around Me(Sequel to The Demon Inside Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pretty long chapter ahead... It was over 2000 words. Enjoy!

"Kyungmi, what is taking you so long!" Junhong yells. The angel ahjummas quickly finish her gorgeous hair. 

 

"Zelo.. I cant do this.. I haven't felt this way before.. Not since my first recital on ice.." Kyungmi stares into the mirror at her reflection as her hands shake wildly. "I- I cant stop shaking... I'm going to mess up.. Im going to mess up in front of all my people." she mutters in horror.

 

"Hey, Hey look at me." Zelo holds her poor shaking hands as he looks straight at her. "Noona, Dont you remember what I told you before your first ice show?"

 

"N-No.." Kyungmi replies. Zelo rolls his eyes, "Yes you do, I tell you everytime." Zelo claims.

 

"Dont be afraid and you wont make any mistakes.." Kyungmi recited. 

 

"Exactly.. And you said you didn't remember.." he eyes her before letting out a soft chuckle. "As long as you're confident, you'll be fine." he stoops to her level and places a chaste kiss on her forhead.

 

"After all, you are the one and only Han Kyungmi. Now get out there and show them who runs this world." Zelo encourages. Kyungmi lets out a big sigh before she walks toward the big doors. "Appa is waiting for you." Zelo gives her a little push out the dressing room.

 

Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong. The bells chimed as she held the bottom part of her dress. "Are you ready, my daughter?" her appa gave her a warm smile as he offered his arm. Kyungmi doesnt hesitate to return his smile and wraps her arm around his. "Now or never, I guess." she says.

 

He lets out a laugh, "I'm very proud of you, my little princess." he pinches her cheek like he always did when she was young. She retaliates and whines, "Appa.. "

 

"Your Mom and Dad are watching you from above, I'll be the one walking you down in place of him. Are you ready?" he asks in a serious tone.

 

"Yes... Now stop asking me before I really run and ditch this place." Kyungmi rushes. She gulps as the big doors began to open. She could hear the guests welcome her as the heavenly music start to play(no pun intended LOL)

 

She stares at her toes before she feels a pinch on her arm. Sunggyu stands at the alter waiting for his love to be handed over, he in his breath at the sight of her beautiful self as she walks in the arm of her father and smiles brightly for the first time in awhile.

 

"Chin up, Kyungmi. You are a queen now." her father whispers. Kyungmi obliges to his request and walks with confidence, chin up and back straight. Her eyes scan throughout the crowd of people that are present at her wedding and finally meets a shy pair of eyes. He gives her a wink before he looks back down, hiding his flushed cheeks. As she approaches him, her father lets her go; the man before her slowly looks at her but this time with assurance. He takes her by her hand delicately and leads her up to the alter next to him.

 

"You look gorgeous, Kyungmi." he finally admits.

 

"Not bad yourself, Sunggyu" she giggles.

 

The councilman clears his throat as he stands in the middle in front of the grand crowd. "We, the citizens of Heaven, the children of our lord and the guardians of her highness, have gathered here today to witness the royal matrimony and coronation. Our late Queen has been watching over us, and now her daughter will be able to take over." the crowd of angels applauses.

 

"Suho, Kyungsoo.." he quietly mutters. Suho holds the precious king crown on a red velvet pillow while Kyungsoo holds the queen crown.

 

"Before we start the coronation ceremony, Is there anyone that would like to object to this.." the crowd was silent in response. "Well good.." the councilman mumbles before Kyungmi snickers. "He's such a dork" she whispers to Suho and Kyungsoo.

 

"Prince Sunggyu, do you solemnly swear to protect the people of Hell and prevent it from any corruption. Will you risk your life for your people's safety as we will for you?" 

 

"Yes, I do and I will." he says as he puts his hand on the royal scepter that King Kyungjae once used

 

"Princess Kyungmi, do you solemnly swear to protect the people of Heaven and prevent it from any corruption? Will you risk your life for your people's safety as we will do the same for you?"

 

"Y-Yes. I do and I will." Kyungmi said as she puts her hand on top of Sunggyus. Suho steps in front of Sunggyu and places the crown on his head, the crowd applauses.

 

"I hereby crown you, King Sunggyu of Hell." the councilman says at the end of his ancient recitings. He begins the next one, reciting in an old traditional language as Kyungsoo slowly walks up to Kyungmi. He grabs the crown and looks at Kyungmi with an undetectable facial expression.

 

"Kyungsoo. What are you doing, put it on her." Suho hisses. Kyungsoo with his last efforts places the crown on her head before he exchanged glances with the princess, now queen, with a sorrowful look, "Congratulations, my queen." he whispers as he tries to make a smile appear on his face. 

 

The crowd applauses before Kyungmi could respond to Kyungsoo, who left because he couldn't be able to watch the next part, it was just too much for him.

 

Prince Myungsoo steps up and hands over the rings to the councilman, he took the red one and gave it to Kyungmi, while Sunggyu grabs a hold of the blue one. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter