What's a Black Pearl?

Princess of Our Heart (Semi Hiatus)

Ji Min sighed. It’s been months and EXO still hasn’t found their “Black Pearl”.

 

“What is this Black Pearl again?” she asked them one day in the living room, where they were all gathered.

 

Kris was reading the newspaper, Xiumin was trying different coffee tricks, Chen and Baek gained up on Tao (the poor panda, being bullied). Luhan was drinking bubble tea and ignoring Sehun’s constant whining about, “Sharing is caring”, while Suho, Kai, and Lay where playing Minecraft on the X-Box. Kungsoo was in the kitchen trying to make a simple snack, but Chanyeol kept following and teasing him about his height.

 

“Is the Black Pearl like a ship or something?” Ji Min asked again, thinking about the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean.

 

“No.” Kris looked up from his paper. “Black Pearl is our planet’s back up life force. She’s considered royalty because her parents created EXO planet. After they had Black Pearl, they became one- a tree we call MAMA. MAMA is the main life source of our home, and Black Pearl is there to restabilize it. One day, there was a kidnapping. We don’t know who or what but we know we lost our Pearl that day. Pearl was only 9. It’s been 10 years, and MAMA is weakening because of their lost child. Now it’s up to us, the Guardians to find Black Pearl and bring her home.” Kris said. “And this is only the short version of the story, If I was to tell you how, why, what, who, when, and where, we would be here forever just talking about Black Pearl.”

 

Everyone was now quite. EXO knew this story very well. But it was such a long time ago, it all seemed like a fairy tail to them.

 

“How are you going to find her?” Ji Min asked after a few quiet moments.

 

“Honestly, we don’t know.” Suho sighed.

 

“I thought we were just walking around and just hoping to run into her?” Kai looked up, looking confused.

 

“Pft no.” Suho laughed nervously. “We, we are, see the plan is..”

 

“You guys have no actual plan right?” Ji Min deadpanned, while raising her brow and crossing her arms.

 

“No, we don’t.” Suho hung his head. Kris sighed loudly and looked up at the ceiling.

 

“It’s been a month. Come on, get your game on. Like, used those awesome powers you guys have!” Ji Min said encouragingly. “You don’t have super powers for nothing!”

 

“Ji Min is right.” the normally quite Xiumin said. “We need to hurry up and stop playing. MAMA is weakening. EXO plant will be overrun by invaders. Our home could be taken over or destroyed if we don’t find Black Pearl.” the other nodded in agreement, looking a little bit more hopeful.

 

“Oh hey I found something cool about pearls actually! Maybe that will help us!” Tao jumped up from his seat rather excitedly. “I found it online.” Tao went to his room to grab Ji Min’s laptop.

 

“How is earthly resources gonna help us find a supernatural being?” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s better than nothing Hun.” Luhan sighed. “We need everything we got.”

 

“Here it is!” Tao came back a little while later. HE set the laptop on the dining table where everyone gathered around. He opened up to a page about pearls and read outloud the following:

 

THE MEANING OF PEARLS

"The symbol of feminine wisdom"

Elements: Water

Astrological Sign: Cancer and Gemini

Vibrates to the number 7

Keywords:

Purity, honesty, innocence and integrity, concentration, focus, meditation, serenity, tranquility and wisdom.

Metaphysical

Pearls symbolize the best within us. Honesty, Purity , Wisdom and Integrity. They remind us to walk with Dignity. Have you ever seen a woman wearing Pearls acting in an undignified manner? Did you have the oddest feeling? That's because they just don't mix. Pearls not only provide a mirror in which to see ourselves, but give us insight into how we appear to others.

Pearls can stimulate your femininity and help with self acceptance. They lift your spirits and make you feel calm and beautiful. When have you not felt Ultra feminine when wearing pearls?

The ragged, rough grain of sand, transformed over time slowly growing into a object of great value and beauty. With it's humble beginnings, Pearls symbolize innocence and a pure heart, and help us get in touch with the simple honest things of life.

  • White: Symbol of pure heart and mind; innocence, faith.

  • Gold and Black: Also for prosperity.

  • Pink: Works especially with the heart Chakra.

Color:

A wide variety of colors.

Physical Healing Properties of Pearls:

For solar plexus Chakra (digestion, stomach, immunity) and emotional stress.

 

MEANING OF THE COLOR BLACK

Element: Air

Effects: Protection - Independence - Mystic Allure

Chakra: First Chakra - Root Chakra - Grounding, Focus, and Survival

Some signs that the Base Chakra is out of balance are:

  • Inability to sit still for more than a few minutes

  • Loss of interest in the world outside of work or house.

  • active addictions such as games, gambling, taking risks, etc.

  • Inability to control emotions

  • Obsessions and compulsions

  • Self Centeredness or Selfishness

Properties:

Dark colored crystals are very grounding, and deepen our connection to all things physical, (the natural being). They help relieve us of fears specifically associated with our physical existence here on earth. They act as a shield, protecting and deflecting negative energy. The dark stones, Black, Brown, Deep gray, are associated with the first Chakra, and is associated with survival here on earth. It governs our relationship with the physical world and our bodies.

Put some black in your life when you want:

  • to become inconspicuous

  • to open the door to mystery

  • to prepare for the unknown

  • a restful emptiness

(source: http://www.gemstonegifts.com/PEARL-s/1858.htm)

 

“Wow that’s actually pretty cool.” Baekhyun commented after Tao finished.

 

“Right? It might help us find Black Pearl.” Tao smiled.

 

“So you do know more than Wusu.” Chen laughed and rubbed Tao’s head rather roughly.

 

“Y-yah stop!” Tao pushed Chen away. He fell off the chair and began tackling Chen. Ji Min only laughed and took Tao’s spot on the seat. She re-read the article.

 

“This is pretty helpful. Now all you guys need to do is find a girl with these main traits; Pure-hearted, honest, wise and good integrity. She’s most likely to be a grounded person with good focus and can handle any situation. At least that’s what I’m getting.” Ji Min looked up and around her.

“Should we start then?” Chanyeol asked

 

“The sooner the better.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Wait what about the whole water-air element things?” Lay pointed out.

 

“My guess is that Black Pearl is attracted to water of air.” Ji Min shrugged. They all turned to Suho and Sehun.

 

“What?” Sehun asked with his blank poker face.

 

“You two, water and air, have a better chance with finding and connecting with Black Pearl.” Xiumin explained.

 

“Wait why them?” Chanyeol asked.

 


“Well the article says that a pearl’s element it water,” Suho started.

 

“Which makes sense.” Kris nodded.

 

“Yeah. And air… huh i didn’t know it associated with black.” Suho said, re-reading the article.

 

“It makes sense though because Sehun does get a self centered and emotional like a girl on her period.” Chen laughed.

 

“Hey!” Sehun protested.

 

“Oh another thing,” Ji Min said. Everyone turned to her. “In Korea, black pearls also refer to girl who have darker skin.” Everyone looked confused. “Well, okay so Kai had darker skin than all of you right? He’s considered a “black pearl”. Like me, I have slightly darker skin too. So maybe your Black Pearl has tanner skin.”

 

“So what we are looking for is a girl who has tanner skin, is attracted to water and air so like swimming and flying a kite or something, is someone who is honest, wise and all that good stuff alright?” Kris asked wanted his group to understand.

 

“Okies.” Suho said. “Come on Ji Min.” He offered his hand to her. A little shy, Ji Min took his hand and stood up. “Lets go look for our Black Pearl.” Suho smiled.

 

 

 

N/A:

Yay updated story right? Soooooo *wiggles brows* What do you think?

I'm so so so that I myself have been neglecting this story. My computer has recently broke, and even though I do have ter to go on, I won't be able to update a lot. But I am still wring on a note book with the plots of this story. I will be talking to my fellow authors to give you the best. Please please wait a little bit more, I promise you, you will get chaptered updates.

Thank you loves,

BeYangster21