Chapter 6

12 Confessions

One Autumn Night

Baekhyun still can't believe he's standing on the stage in front of the crowd with the other members of Dark Kiss...

Though he has a lot of passion in singing, he has only been performing in karaoke hubs and similar places with his high school buddies before...

He felt his hands sweat and his heart's increasing pulses...

He’s nervous but at the same time, excited.

Then his mind went blank, he doesn’t know what to sing or how to start; he can't remember the lyrics anymore

Until he heard Chanyeol hit his sticks while counting “1-2-3”, rang the cymbals, and beat the drums.

Then Sehun starts strumming his guitar which was later followed by Tao as they compliment to Lay's melody,

Giving more life to Kyungsoo's heavenly voice;

And before Baekhyun knew it, he's already singing with them.

Soon as they finished their song, he felt his hands tremble not because of nervousness but because of delight. He can't even hear the crowd cheering anymore... his heartbeat is noisier than anything else.

His knees weaken and Sehun lightly taps his back; to which he lets out a smile...

"You did great, Baekhyun-ah" Chanyeol says as he hangs his arms on the shorter guy’s shoulders

"Yea... Thank you" Baekhyun turns to him and gives him his most natural smile.

Baekhyun’s aware he has never felt this kind of emotions before. And that’s why he’s genuinely thankful to Chanyeol for inviting him in this world… along with the other members.

But he is oblivious of the fact that he made Chanyeol slightly blush.

 

Tao went home with Lay. His aunt (Lay's mom) invited him for a dinner. But as soon as he greeted his uncle and aunt, he rushed upstairs and went straight to the balcony of Lay's bedroom.

“Yah, what do you think you're doing?" asked Lay.

“Suho-hyung~!” shouted the younger with so much aegyo.

The window curtain of the room across the balcony slides and there pops Suho totally shocked.

“Tao?!” he answered as he smiles.

“Come over, let’s have dinner, aunt prepared lots of our fave food hehe” Tao is reaching out to grab Suho's wrist.

They used to do things like this a lot before... since the balcony is just two steps away from the other's window,, it's not really a hassle to climb back and forth to each others' rooms..

“Yah yah, at least enter normally...” retorted Lay when Suho is about to climb up his window.

“Haha, yea, I’ll go downstairs now…”

“Hurry up, hyung~!”

 

'”Omo-nah~! Suho-goon, Suho-goon! I missed you a lot” said Lay’s mom while pinching Suho’s cheeks

“Mom, stop it, you're scaring him” Lay trying hard to make his mom listen to him.

But his mom just gave him a glare then turns back to Suho and asks, “Are being bullied by my son?"

“Haha, no auntie..”

“Of course not, he got busy soon as he entered high school” Lay added.

At the dinner table, Tao sits beside Suho with Lay seated across them..

“Ah hyung, I want that too” said Tao as he points the chicken wings.

Suho keeps on attending Tao's needs... it’s really obvious how Tao favors Suho a lot, only with Suho that he uses a lot of aegyo. Lay knows why the younger is acting like that with Suho, he understands that since then, only Suho can relieve Tao whenever the latter is stressed or anxious; but still, the scene right now somehow irritates him.

“Yah, Tao, stop acting like a baby already and let Suho eat peacefully.” Lay then turns to Suho and adds, “You too, stop spoiling him.”

Suho chuckled a little and comments how cute Tao and Lay are.

 

Carrying a snack prepared by his mom, Lay is on his way to his room. He hears the two having some mellow conversation so he decided not to enter for a while… he might become a bother anyways…

“Our Tao, do you still cry a lot even now?” Suho asked while ruffling Tao’s hair.

“Sometimes… when I miss my parents… I…” before Tao could even continue, his eyes went teary already. Suho can’t believe how idiotic he is to ask such question that would make Tao remember his late parents.

“Sorry… I’m sorry”

“Aniyo, hyung…”
[No, hyung…]

“Aiyoo…” Suho said while gathering Tao in his arms.

“…’Aiyoo?’” Tao lets out a small chuckle while wiping his eyes

“Ye, maja yo, ‘aiyoo’… wae?” Suho teases while hugging the younger tighter.
[Yes, that’s right, ‘aiyoo’… why?]

They both just laugh out their cheesiness.

Lay leans on the adjacent wall looking a bit sad.

‘Must be nice…

 

Though Lay’s mom wanted Tao to stay overnight, the latter insisted he need to go home now. Suho also volunteered to walk Tao til the bus station. Both Lay and Tao assured Suho that there’s no need to bother but Suho already made up his mind. He then held Tao’s hands as they walk and that forced Lay to tug behind them too.

‘Ah-huh~ ‘must be really nice…

Lay noted again while watching the pair held hands in front of him while talking about some random stuffs.

On the way back home, it’s Suho who tries to ease the awkwardness by telling various stuffs about school, classmates, and etc. to which Lay just listens.

“Haha, I’m sorry, you were probably thinking how fussy I am right now” Suho said while rubbing his both hands to lessen its coldness. The coldness of air during autumn at night is really serious.

Before Lay knew it, he was already holding Suho’s hand with his. Suho tensed a bit and tells a joke to cover up his shyness.

“Haha, it was normal with Tao just while ago… I wonder why my hands seem to be sweating right now” Suho finally stated.

“it’s not”

“Yes, it is.”

No, it’s most certainly mine that’s sweating… because right now, my heart is thumping like crazy.

 

 

Kai is surprised that he's enjoying this more than he imagined.

He smiles as he stares at Kyungsoo who is sitting in front of him unable to continue his eating his lunch.

'Stay away from me!' Kyungsoo freaks while clenching his spoon.

Kai chuckles at the interesting sight.

He definitely fell in love at first sight.

When he heard Kyungsoo sing on stage that night,

He’s too busy falling in love. He thought it was the guy's ethereal voice that's enticing his heart but at one moment when Kyungsoo laid his eyes on him, he knew he was in love.

And now he's starring at Kyungsoo, the very same guy who made his heart beat like mad.

But right now, rather than feeling in love, he's more of amused because of the guy.

Since that night, he's been stalk-----um, noticing the other guy... that's why he knows about this guy's poker face...  One that won't laugh even with the funniest joke ever nor won't panic even if its worlds end; that's why...

He loves it how his simple gestures can make the other one lunatic.

It’s very interesting... And okay, alluring...

Chanyeol taps Kyungsoo shoulders and jokes, making Kyungsoo relax a little and smile.

The moment Kai saw Kyungsoo look at Chanyeol,

He already figured out what the former feels about his friend.

Let alone the realization that he's to enter the world of cliché love triangles, the one he thought would only exist in dramas,

He used to think how stupid it was for the third wheel to still push his love for the other knowing that the other won't give him a damn

He comments that since the character is already the third wheel then might as well just save his face by not being foolish and pathetic.

But right now, he fears he might end up being one... foolish and pathetic.

 

*Aiyoo – Chinese counterpart of Korean ‘Aigoo’

 

_author's corner_
yo! weekends~ yey yey!
sorry for late update... and thanks for dropping by again
i recently learned about the tenses of verb, it must have been uncomfortable reading my fic with lots of grammatical error.. jeongmal mianhe >; that's all for now, have a lovely weekend guys ^^~