Chapter 2

12 Confessions

Canvass

 

“Will you go out with me?”

Baekhyun literally froze. He feels like, he need to remember first when did his heart started to beat fast.

Was it when Chanyeol hugged him all of a sudden and asked him to go out with him?

Or even before that, when he saw Chanyeol flash a smile at him…?

Then only to realize that it was way back when he saw Chanyeol’s sleeping face for the first time.

What he’s saying to Chanyeol before weren’t just words. When he saw him, even as a fellow man… he felt his heart skip a beat.

Satisfied with his realization, he then started to search for reasons why his heart is acting like that…

Earlier this morning, same words were spoken to him by a cute girl from the same department.

It sure made his heart pound but not as heavy as what he’s having right now.

So why…?

“…why…?” he utters, unable to find any reason at all.

“ah? Because I like you.” Chanyeol answers while pulling away from the hug, and laughs.

 

 

“This is Kim Jongdae.”, the Head Cooperative introduces the young intern to Minseok

“I’ll be under your guidance from now on.” Jongdae slightly bows his head and extends his hands to Minseok to offer a hand shake to which the latter accepted.

It’s unusual for Minseok to be late for work. And for all his luck, of all days, why does it have to be this day that the faculty called for a meeting to introduce the newly hired interns?

“Since you haven’t attended….” Adds the HC*,

Minseok heard the HC repeat the things mentioned from this morning’s meeting that he wasn’t able to attend.

But his focus was distracted by the intern in front of him who puts on an oh-so-professional looking smile at him and never averting his gaze.

Minseok unconsciously begins to study his facial features but immediately snaps back to reality as he didn’t see any point in doing so.

After a nod, he turned around to head for his next class.

“Are you perhaps going to Cultural Arts Building too?” Jongdae asks as he walks next to Minseok

“Ah yeah”

“Good, I’m going that way too”

Leaving no choice, they walk together on the hallway

“Minseok-ah…”

“Yes?!” startled by hearing Jongdae suddenly call his name.

“Ah, nah, sorry, just that, your name… when the HC was looking for you this morning, I initially thought ‘Minseok’ was a girl.” The intern calmly states

“Oh, sorry about that…”

“Haha, don’t be, you’re perfectly fine”

the whimsical comments stated by the intern is making Minseok slightly blush…

'Something’s off… ah… this man has a hint of danger in him… I need to stay as far as possible from this man before I get dragged along his pace…' is what he’s exactly warning himself right now.

 

 

“Mornin’” greets Tao while tapping Sehun's shoulder

“Geez~” with Sehun bowing his head

“You’re unusually early today, you took the train?” asks Tao while checking the maknae

“Yea”

“Ah, but hey, where are you going? Our class’ this way” Tao pulls Sehun’s wrist as the latter is about to skip classes again

“Ah geez, I really can’t…” retorts the younger

“You shouldn’t be skipping class just because you find the professor boring”

“Says someone who snores during that class”

“Listen, being mentally absent is totally different from being physically absent… at least I’m putting some effort”

“Ok, ok”

“And you still haven’t attended any literature and fine arts class since this sem started”

“You’re so fussy, Tao… I’ll attend, ok now...? I’ll attend… next time!” and Sehun dashes off. Tao thought so too.

Tao is never interested in fine arts. He didn’t even bother knowing the connection between Musical Theatre, the course he’s taking up for college, and fine arts.

He felt his sight getting blurry as his heavy eyelids are beginning to drop…

He took an effort to stay awake by biting his tongue, pinching his thumb, or pulling his ears; but those won’t work. Every class… same scenario… he finally gave in to the gale of sleepiness.

The professor just sighs… with Tao’s habit during his class, Tao made himself the very first student that the professor knows by his name.

Normally, after class, the professor would ask someone to tap the sleeping guy… but this time, he didn’t bother to wake the student up.

 

 

Kris is not the loner type… he just want to do things his way… the 30-minute break after his class means that he’ll be able to stop by the arts room for a while.

He doesn’t have any subject, theme or something to draw right now so he decided to walk around for a while, what do you know, maybe an inspiration may spark where you least expect it.

But even after roaming around the campus for a while… he still wasn’t able to find one.

That’s why when he saw Tao in his ‘personal space’ sleeping peacefully with ‘I-don’t-give-a-damn’ face, he felt annoyed.

Thinking he must snap back this sleepy head into reality, he reaches out to shake Tao’s arms but was halted by the static electricity that had run faintly through him.

and that causes him to get a better look on the man sleeping next to him.

Heedless of what he’s doing or thinking or feeling, he traces Tao’s nose bridge with his finger… then suddenly he got the urge to know more about this guy… more than his features when he sleeps… like his voice… and maybe a little bit more…

Talk about where you least expect it.

He fixed his spot on the best angle where he can perfectly illustrate his new found subject, grabbed his pencil and started sketching.

Slowly pulling away from his slumber… Tao scratches his neck while opening his eyes as they adjust to its’ surroundings… he saw a clear view of the guy sitting across him who’s starring intently at him, at his every move…

“ert.”

 

 

_author's corner_
yey! chapter 2's out.. whoa,, thanks for viewing and subscribing for this fic.. hope you'll find this interesting somehow..
my, it's already in the 2nd chapter and still no kaisoo!!~~
i'll compensate for the lacking of kaisoo in the first 2 chapters by having the whole 3rd chapter just by themselves... promise! hehe