Chapter 5

12 Confessions

Dark Kiss

 

Chanyeol, Lay, and Kyungsoo entered the room for their chemistry class and spot Baekhyun sitting at the corner. The latter noticed them too and smiled at them as the three went to his place.

"Whoa, so it's true that we're classmates, how come I didn't know you?" as Chanyeol greets Baekhyun.

"Haha I tend to have a low profile" Baekhyun calmly states.

"It’s because you've been sleeping during this class Chanyeol" Lay adds.

"I’m not convinced hearing that coming from you, Lay"

"Hehe, but seriously, you got me nervous back there yesterday; you know what he told me when we first talk? He asked me to go out with him!" Baekhyun starts

"Yah, how could you say things that can be easily misunderstood?" says Lays as he pushes Chanyeol’s arm teasingly.

"Really now, it freaked me out big time"

"I’m sorry I might have startled you a bit last night" butts Kyungsoo.

"Ah yea, it's ok, haha but it really surprised me a bit" says Baekhyun, being careful in picking out the words to say because as far as he can remember, he wasn't just ‘surprised’ and it wasn’t just ‘a bit’.

"Yea right, since last night was a mess, we weren't able to talk properly; do you have classes after this?" Chanyeol asks.

"None"

"Good, let's go to our studio" invites Lay.

 

“You go ahead hyung, I still need to find my other earring.” Tao explains to Lay who’s on the other line of the phone.

Aside from the band, Tao’s another obsession are his accessories… from bracelets, earrings, and to all kinds of bling blings… he’s just too fond of them that even Sehun says Tao values them more than him.

Among his accessories, his most treasured are the ones with skulls. And this time, he just lost the half pair of his silver skull earrings.

Feeling as if he just lost a billion dollar baby, he headed to the gym. He had a class there this morning so he’s thinking he might have lost it back there.

Unlike this morning, the gym seems crowded this time.
It so happens that there’s an ongoing practice match between the varsity players… and of course, lots of girls started to cheer for their bias.

Ah, so noisy.

He got irritated by the overly excited audience as they just make it difficult for Tao to locate his lost item.

There seems to be a certain player though, that especially catches the hearts of almost all the people inside. Every time he heard Player No. 88 scores a point, girls will scream louder and some even starts jumping.

He then vents his frustration to that certain player. He scans the court and locates the guy with ‘88’ on his shirt.

Apparently, it’s none other than Kris.

So that explains why girls can’t help but scream.

This time, the tall guy seems to emit a different aura… he is just too dazzling, effortlessly cool and still very chic of course.

For a moment, Tao had forgotten about his precious earring.

Just like other girls, Tao finds himself getting excited every time Kris scores; it’s as if he’s watching his favorite character from his favorite anime.

Then he made an excuse to himself; that he’s only watching because there’s no helping it. Til the match ends, only then that he can search thoroughly, he adds.

And since it’s a good match, might as well enjoy it instead.

After the match, Tao snaps back as he thinks he got a bit weird back there.

There are less people now. He then continued his search operation.

“Hey, Huang Zitao”

It’s an unfamiliar voice yet, somehow, Tao knows from whom it was too well.

He turns his head on the left and saw Kris on his way towards him.

He got flustered for an unknown reason.

He made it clear that he’s not intimidated… he’s maybe envious of the other guy’s height… physique… manly face… deep voice… and charming smile.

Yea, of course. He can be envious sometimes.

“Have you watched the match?” asks the taller guy.

“Nope. I’m too busy looking for my earring. But before that, you know my name?”

“Yea. Got looked for it since you called me a last time.”

“What? You search people now? Stalker.”

“Haha, a stalker this time huh. But it’s such a waste”

“You already have more than enough fans to cheer for you”

“So you’ve watched”

“Just got curious who the hell is No. 88 that they’re crazy about.” He defends.

“Haha you’re really sassy”

Tsk.

“By the way, what is it that you lost? Might as well help you.” Kris offered.

“The half pair of this” Tao tilts his face a bit to show his earring to Kris.

“Noted.”

They looked for it already for an hour and have scanned every place but still got nothing.

Until Tao received a phone call, “What do you mean you borrowed it for a while this morning when I was sleeping?!”

“What the…” Kris just got trolled.

Tao shuts his phone and says, “Oh Sehun. You’re so dead”

Which made Kris laugh a bit as he clasps his hand to cover his mouth.

Tao turns to him with a ‘what’s funny’ face

“Nothing” Kris answers back with a poker face

“Ah sorry for dragging you into this. Turns out that it was Oh Sehun’s fish brain’s fault. Ah and thanks anyway.” Tao says.

“No problem.”

Tao stares at Kris for a while and it made the taller one slightly flinch.

Ok. Fine. He’s cool. I admit it. Aish.

 

And so after class, Dark Kiss went straight to a video store. Turns out that Kyungsoo's family runs one. Other members still have classes for the afternoon but they decided to skip.

"…the studio, you mean here?" Baekhyun asks as he didn’t imagine it’s a video store.

"Yea, no one comes here to rent videos anymore but our Kyungsoo here refuses to shut this down and we think it's a waste so we decided to have this as our headquarters for better use" Chanyeol explains.

After eating a snack prepared by Kyungsoo, Tao just came on time and Baekhyun was asked to sing any song to his liking...

He sings a few lines of ‘Live High’ by Jason Mraz

And as expected, other members are impressed. And Chanyeol is grinning like a proud father while saying it’s him who found Baekhyun.

"What are you doing Sehun?" asks Tao as Sehun opens his phone cam.

Tao has a habit of freaking out whenever Sehun does the selfcam thing. It’s because Sehun always records Tao’s embarrassing moments and posts them in their fansite.

"I was just thinking of a teaser image for our newbie" Sehun answers with a smile.

“I wonder what image should Baekhyun project…?” Minseok asks as he was scanning Baekhyun from head to toe, to which the latter smiles awkwardly.

“Natural beauty!” Chanyeol suggested, making Baekhyun blush.

And they’re six. Dark members are now composed of lively Chanyeol, fierce Kyungsoo, mysterious Lay, cool Tao, prince Sehun and a natural beauty Baekhyun.

 

_author's corner_
got a hard time updating,, lately, i've been extending work hours to meet my deadlines T.T
need to be busy at times,, may it be school or work related,, ^^~
it's really hard to have a bias in exo... next chapter would be sulay...? ^^~
and thanks a lot again for droppingsome time to read my fic :)
hope you had a nice day!