Chapter 18

12 Confessions

Just like A Christmas Day

 

Kyungsoo's face went pale.

He stares at the rewards section of 'Chiken-kunssi Ramyun', his most favorite ramyun place, and saw 3 Chicken-kunssi Plushies left. He turned to the lady and asks,

"Excuse me. Are these the only plushies left?"

"Yes customer-nim"

“But just yesterday they were ten…”

“Ah yes but last night, seven people finally made it and all of them chose Chiken-kunssi plushies.”

His panic is starting to rise up. He has been working on this for a month already eating a giant (family size) bowl of ramyun a day from this place just to complete the sticker card to acquire one reward—Chicken-kunssi stuffed toy.
Chiken-kunssi is the very first character he has known. It’s his parent’s favorite ramyun place so he has grown to love this place too and of course so as Chiken-kunssi.

That’s why he immediately ordered a giant ramyun bowl and looked for a vacant seat somewhere around the diner and when he found one, he started eating his ramyun. His whole face colored red from the spicy ingredients of the ramyun but he didn’t dare to drink any water. He still need two more stickers; meaning two more bowls to complete his card.

After a bowl, he took a moment to adjust his stomach. He called the ramyun ajumma to check his empty bowl and got a sticker for his card in return. Again, he ordered for another bowl, he wanted to smile for the sticker added but he feels that it’s too early to be happy so he focused on finishing his second bowl.

His pace was slower than the first, undoubtedly, he is already full. Well duh, it’s family size good for approximately four persons. But his determination is stronger than it seems, he finally managed to finish his second bowl. He went idle for a while and when he got to burp, he called the ajumma for processing of another sticker followed by ordering yet his third bowl. While working on his third bowl, his phone rings but he didn’t bother to answer then came again another ring and he can’t stand its noisiness anymore so he accepted the call and it turns out to be from Kai asking where he’s in the moment and Kyungsoo keeps on answering his questions while slurping the ramyun.

After a quarter hour Kai went to the place and got to sit across him and his eyes got wider just as Kai’s got too.

“What’s happened to your face?”

“The ramyun is spicy…”

“Oh”

“How did you know I’m here?”

“You told me before on the phone!”

“Oh, it’s you?”

“What? You didn’t even know it’s me you were talking to?”

Kai keeps on bothering Kyungsoo with his questions so he decided to explain the mechanics of claiming rewards just for the other to get over it. It goes like this, every year; the ramyun shop is having a year-end/ Christmas promo—you just need to fill the card given with 25 stickers to claim the reward. One card is equivalent to one reward and you can choose what you want to get; may it be tumbler, backpack, stuffed toy, etc. -- all Chiken-kunssi customized. As for Kyungsoo, it’s the Chiken-kunssi plushie. But one sticker is equivalent to one bowl of giant size ramyun. That is why Kyungsoo is struggling to meet the ends.

“Then why don’t you invite other band members to eat with you rather than eating 3 bowls at a row?”

“Chanyeol hates spicy food”

Tsk. Chanyeol again.

“Are you still fine though? You might suffer from indigestion.”

“Don’t speak ill things while I’m eating.”

 

 

But wow. Just wow. Kyungsoo finished the third bowl. He smirked but he really looks like he wanted to laugh. But oh, he can’t. His belly hurts a lot that it feels like it’ll burst any minute soon but all the sufferings seem to have washed away the moment he got his hands on the stuffed toy.

Kai could just watch from amazement; truly it’s Kyungsoo who never fails to amaze him.

“That’s Chicken-kunssi?...”

“Yup”

“He’s cute, you say?”

“Yea.”

“In what part? I don’t get how you tried so hard just to get something like this” He complained while snatching the plushie from Kyungsoo

“Don’t touch him” Kyungsoo grabs Chiken-kunssi back and started to walk out the ramyun shop.

 

 

 

 

After a while of walking, Kyungsoo stopped and scouts on the ground. Kai turned to him and asks what is wrong and Kyungsoo answers with teary eyes, “I think I’m going to die…”

“What?! Yah, what’s wrong? No wait, I think you had indigestion. Does your stomach hurts? Can’t you breathe?”

“Yea…”

“Wait for a moment.”

Kai run to the nearest pharmacy and bought first aid stuffs for an upset stomach. He went back to Kyungsoo and made him drink medicine. He advises the latter to take a rest and so he turned his back at him and sits on the ground

“Hop on”

Kyungsoo gave him a questioning look so Kai explained,

“You need to treat that stomach of yours very soon so I’m offering to carry you on my back to make things easier”

“What? No way! It’s embarrassing!”

“You want me to carry you like a princess instead?”

“Don’t you dare! I’m heavy!”

“I know you just ate 3 bowls of ramyun.”

 

In the end, Kai managed to convince Kyungsoo to carry him on his back. Kyungsoo comments that he has never felt this embarrassed before and Kai just laughs. He loves the feeling of Kyungsoo’s breath at the nape of his neck… it’s really warm.

“You walk so slow”

“It’s because you’re really heavy”

“I told you so, you’re stubborn”

“If you drop that Chicken, then we might go faster.”

“Cut it. Geez, people looking at us, I don’t like it”

“Well, I love it”

Shy Kyungsoo just buried his face on Kai’s back as he links his both arms that are hanging on Kai’s shoulders and this just made Kai smile more.

“You know I should really do better to be with you more often—always, I mean. It’s really nice being with you.”

Kyungsoo didn’t answer back but his lips formed a slight smile

 

 

 

The next scene horrified Kyungsoo. They were standing in front of a Chinese quack clinic.

“Don’t tell me…”

“Yes. We are.”

“No. let me down!”

Inside the clinic, Kyungsoo is making a mess saying he can’t stand needles and he’ll never gonna have acupuncture treatment. Kai assures him that this place is safe for Luhan recommended this before. But Kyungsoo never bothered to listen. His focus is on the needles neatly arranged inside the box next to them. When the acupuncturist went inside the inner room to get something, that’s the time Kai finally warns,

“You better behave or I’ll kiss you right then”

This silenced Kyungsoo. He thought that if Kai is to attack him for real right now, he can’t defend himself because his stomach aches a lot that he can’t even speak properly. But he just made a to-do list of things he need to be done right after he recovered and one of them is to kick the hell out of Kai.

The ahjussi went back to them and sits beside them on the tatami mats. Kyungsoo watch the former nervously as the old man prepares the needle. The old man holds Kyungsoo’s left arm and is about to insert a needle when Kyungsoo pulled back is arm and turned to Kai.

“Kai-ssi, I can’t… I’m really scared to needles”

Kai’s mouth opened slightly. Kyungsoo’s big teary puppy eyes and hoarse voice just gave it away that he needed to mentally slap himself in order to control his urge of pushing this adorable man down on the mat and who knows what else is running on his dirty mind right now.

Snap out of it.

He gulped and finally managed to say, “It’s only a few needles and you’ll be fine. I’m here so you don’t have to worry.”

Kyungsoo felt a little relieved. He extends his arm to the acupuncturist and his other hand tugs into Kai’s shirt. As the needle pressed nearer on his skin, his eyes closes uncomfortably and soon as he felt a little prick, he also felt Kai’s hand untugged his grip into his shirt to lock his arm with his own.

 

 

 

“Thanks for helping me back there” Kyungsoo said while ringing the doorbell of his house

“Don’t mention it. But you sure you’re fine now?” Kai asked while slightly rubbing the back of his head... he has a habit of doing that whenever he's shy.

“Yup. Then, be careful on your way home”

“Ah yea, your plushie” Kai hands him Chicken-kunssi and adds “I really think you’re stupid at times… but I still love that side of yours.”

Kyungsoo blushed a bit. Kai can’t believe his eyes for the first time, it’s him that made Kyungsoo fazed. And he likes it a lot that he swears he should do this more often next time.

He made a little wish this Chistmas, that may Kyungsoo's heart save some space for Kai and if it's not possible right now, then sooner maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lay rests his elbows on the balcony railings of his room as he stares at the window across him…
He should be sleeping by now…
He sighs and he utters softly that it almost seems like a whisper, “Suho…”
To his surprise, the curtain from the across window slides open by Suho who is also as surprised as him
“You called…?”
This made Lay’s cheeks hue red as he answered ‘yes’ with a smile.
“Why, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing. Just wish you a Merry Christmas.”
The distance between the balcony and the window is really narrow that he can reach Suho if he just extends his arms but he didn’t. Because the further they are, the closer he felt he’s near him.
“Thanks. Merry Christmas.”

 

 

 

--O-0--

Merry Christmas!

love love love you lots >.< ~

xoxo

oh, if you're wondering what chicken-kunssi looks like, he's more or less similar to this:

 yup, he's Bo from skip beat hihi