Chapter 13

12 Confessions

Cold Night

 

Baekhyun went inside the villa and goes to call Kyungsoo and Chanyeol as others are already preparing to leave. He saw the lights in the kitchen and found the two. He was about to call them when he saw Kyungsoo suddenly pulls Chanyeol for a hug...
It’s just an ordinary hug but then he saw Kyungsoo's pained expression... and somehow, it hit him... he swallowed a bit and turned around to leave...

He felt foreign… he didn’t noticed it before but there are times when he feels envious, if not jealous, of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s friendship… sure there shouldn’t be anything to feel that way for… that’s why he feels bad, especially when he likes both of them.

 

"Do you know how much I love you?"

Chanyeol got surprised. He got blanked for a moment but he returned Kyungsoo's hug and answers, "I know."

Kyungsoo smiled but he knew Chanyeol completely missed the point...

"What's wrong? Are you having discomfort too?"

"Yea... in my heart..."

"Aww..." Chanyeol squeezes him more

"Stop it. My fingers are crimpping from this cheesiness." He then pulls away from the hug and goes ahead.

"Yah, let’s go together~"

Let’s just stay this way…
These feelings of my love for you will not change… even if I am only your friend…

 

When they went outside, Tao hissed about how they're so slow. Kyungsoo glanced towards Baekhyun’s side just as Baekhyun took a glimpse at them too. Both eyes met and Baekhyun startled a little and turns his head away immediately...
Kai noticed it too but he decided to watch for a while.

In the train going back home, no one seems to had slacked for a while since all of them got complicated feelings instead...
Luhan, troubled by maknae’s advances, insisted to sit beside Minseok. And lost Sehun found himself beside Kyungsoo who refused to sit beside Chanyeol and so the latter ends up sitting next to Lay since Lay doesn't wanna deal with the awkwardness of Kris anymore. Jongdae was sulking at first but he fixed himself when Kris sits next to him.
Still it's awkward and the only pair that seems cozy is Tao and Suho.

Baekhyun is still occupied by the scene in the kitchen; he doesn't understand what he’s feeling and why he's feeling something pricky...

"Oi~! Kai calling Baekhyun~" Kai leans closer for Baekhyun to notice him in his sight

Finally snapping back, he asks, "Oh, sorry, you called?"

"Yah, I've been calling you for a while now, but you're lost in space~"

"Hahaha, really now..."

"What's keeping you in deep thought?"

Baekhyun looks straight in Kai's eyes... should he confide to him his disturbed feelings? Even though they only got to properly hang out these last two days; he immediately became friends with Kai and he even feels comfortable enough to consider telling him his troubles but… Oh well, he then just winks at him cutely to assure the other that he's fine.
Both of them just laugh and Chanyeol glances at their side once in a while.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't feel like going to the same class with Chanyeol.
To give a short recap, unable to hold it in anymore he finally confessed his feelings for his friend last night. But his natural airhead chicken brain friend effortlessly shrug it off and he's not even aware he misunderstood.
He escaped a brief sigh as he lay on the grass field next to the gym.

"Slacker" Kai said when he saw Kyungsoo as he went out from the gym

Kyungsoo recognizes his voice, he need not to give him a look since he knows that guy will make him enter his vision anyway
And as expected, Kai sits beside him

"You're slacking too"

"Nope, we have our class in gym"

"Then what are you doing here for? Have your class now"

"What time's your last class?"

"7pm"

"Aww, that's late... oh! I know, then. Let’s meet here 7pm sharp later ok?"

"No way."

"It's a promise okay! Don't be late"

 

Kai didn't remember Kyungsoo agreeing to meet him. Still he waited. His class finished this noon at 1 already but he kept himself busy by the rest of the afternoon to pass some time and when it’s around 6, he already went next to the gym to wait for him there.

It turned 7... He already had a number of flower petals plucked in his mind as he silently chants,
He will come, he will come not...
He will come, he will come not...
He will come,--

"Yah, what are you spacing out for, hurry up; its cold!"

Kai smiles upon hearing his voice, he's already overjoyed before he gets shocked that Kyungsoo actually did come.
He turned around and saw Kyungsoo looking his way. He likes it how he always got amaze at how Kyungsoo can make him perky with just little casual things.

He strides his way towards him; feeling like a child entering an amusement park for the first time, and maybe he's a little over excited that he tripped a little.
Man, of all the chances of tripping why now when he's struggling to look especially cool in front of this guy.

"Whew~" He faintly let out as he immediately composed himself, he then glances at Kyungsoo, worried that he might look stupid right now.
But thank god the other just stares at him emotionless with his naturally wide eyes.
Indeed, it's Kyungsoo. The one with a poker face won’t even laugh with the funniest--

"Pfft--"

To his surprise, Kyungsoo lets out an abstained laugh to be followed by the real soft laughter
"Hahahaha... klutz"

Kai felt his mouth gapped a little in awe then he just smiles while staring at him.

He didn’t note how his heart has been skipping a number of beats or how his cheeks lightly tinting pink.
For all he could only think is how he much wanted to hold this guy in his arms right now just because he let him hear his laugh.
He never thought being laughed at his clumsiness can be this heart fluttering…

Ah, just as I thought, I'm in love with this guy.

 

_author's corner_
it's kyungsoo's day today hehe since he's making me love him so much ^^
kaisoo deserves a night date~~~~ >;<
sorry i can't update this fast.. and i worry that i might end up updating this only on weekends...
but i'll try to sneak during my free time hehe
@QianRenXin- waa~ i seem to always cut baekyeol scenes just when things get into something, hehe, mianhe~ don't worry, i'll make up to it next time ^^
@seatteann- yup! i love akanishi-sama lots hehe is it just me? or sometimes i think kai's semblance to him?
@kmjcsd- thanks! noted! hehe lets have chan & baek fall at same time XD
hehe thanks a lot for reading this fic,, have a nice day!