Chapter 12

12 Confessions

Birthday

Sehun watches Luhan who is meticulously picking which fruits to buy.

“Sehun-ah, what’s your favorite drink? I can’t decide, so I leave it up to your preference”
For a while now, Luhan started calling Sehun by his name. And Sehun doesn’t know if Luhan is doing it on purpose, that is uttering his name with so much endearment. Ok, fine, it’s just Sehun giving meaning to it. In short, when your crush calls you by your name, it always sounds music to your ears.

“My favorite… bubbletea.”

“Here” Luhan hands Sehun a Wintermelon flavored bubble tea

“Thanks”

“Ofcourse, the professor should treat their students at times, hehe”

“I’m not used to treating you like my professor though”

“Yep. We started with the wrong foot, we have a hyung-dongsaeng relationship before I knew you were my student”
Dongsaeng… Sehun doesn’t like to admit it but he knew his professor’s feelings for him are the same as what would a hyung feel for his dongsaeng.

Luhan carries the heavier paper bags while Sehun got to carry the bag of bread and pan. When they also walk back home, Luhan asked Sehun to walk on the inner side of the road.
No longer liking the idea, he starts, “Say, you should stop seeing me as a dongsaeng …”

“Hmn…?”

“I say, I don’t like you treating me like a little kid”

“Ofcourse you’re not a little kid. You’re 19.”

“The point is, a 19-year-old dongsaeng won’t think of kissing you here right now just because you look adorable; but I have—“

Before Sehun could continue, he pulls Luhan closer to him when he saw a heavy truck is a about to pass by.

“Thanks” said Luhan slightly moving an inch away from Sehun

But then Sehun stepped in front of him to better face Luhan. While still holding Luhan’s arm he says with pure sincerity, “Please look at me properly from now on”

This obviously made an impact to Luhan as his whole face glows deep red.
Sehun then smirked; he knew his message was properly conveyed. He turned to walk ahead and satisfied at how he delivered his line handsomely, he lets out a smile.

Just you wait. I’ll make your heart skip that beat so you won’t even think I’m the younger…

 

Chanyeol already knew why Baekhyun asked him to go back ahead.
When he opened the villa door, all the lights are off and just as he expected, Kyungsoo walks out from the kitchen with a birthday cake and a lighted candle on top as he sings,

"Saengil chukha hamnida… saengil chukha hamnida… sarang ha neun Chanyeolie… Saengil chukha hamnida"

Then party poopers and graffiti pooped everywhere soon as the lights . He felt a pair of hands on his back then patting his shoulders, it was Baekhyun greeting him a happy birthday too. Soon all the members gather around him to give him a hug.

Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol, the latter turned to him and smiled. A faint blush flashed his cheeks but then, he sheepishly asked Chanyeol to stay still which the latter complied. Then Baekhyun flashed him a smile too… and before Chanyeol felt weird, Baekhyun already placed an amount of icing on his cheeks.
To his surprise, he just utters, “Yah!”

But Baekhyun just laughs and slyly runs away
“Y-Yah! You get back here!”

And the chasing bagan with Chanyeol holding the cake. But Baekhyun just runs fast and Chanyeol couldn’t catch up. Giving up, he flopped on the grass, Baekhyun noticed him too so he went back towards him. He lowers to sit across him but Chanyeol got his wrist and draws him closer… lining an icing on his face too.
“Quits”

“You… you’re such a kid”

To which Chanyeol just laughs but he immediately stopped when he saw Baekhyun wiping the icing with his fingers and it. Chanyeol is starting to feel strange again and it’s getting him nervous. His gaze fixed at Baekhyun’s lips, he swallowed a bit and he’s about to reach Baekhyun when Lay suddenly called out

“Hey! Other members said we need to clean things up already.”
Again, Lay with his perfect timing.

 

“What’s wrong? Indigestion?” Kyungsoo asked when he saw his friend being oddly quiet.

“No… but something like that…” Chanyeol answered weakly.

“What?”

“Kyungsoo-ah… I feel strange lately…”

“How strange?” Kyungsoo still asked though he could guess

“Whenever I see this person… I feel stuffed… and my chest squeezes… do you think I’m sick?”

“Nope it’s normal. I feel that sometime too” the shorter guy answered flatly.

“Eh? Really?”

“Yup. Don’t fret too much about it. You’ll get used to it.”

“Whoa, thanks, as expected, you really know about everything.”
Chanyeol felt relieved but when he glaced to Baekhyun once again, he felt something squeezes in his chest…

Don’t fret, I’ll get used to it… right?

 

Being Chanyeol's friend is a real pain in the .

Kyungsoo has always thought about it... how he always got into trouble whenever Chanyeol is concerned.
Like how Chanyeol forced him to sing for the band when he doesn't like being the center of the crowd. Like when Chanyeol begged him to adopt a puppy he found in the playground since Chanyeol's apartment doesn't permit pets, well, he's allergic to fur but he still complied, then like when they came late for entrance exams because Chanyeol got the wrong meeting place, and the list goes on...

But funny that he never once regretted entering the path of being Chanyeol's friend. He can't count how many times he's been saved by him. Like how Chanyeol would tap his back when he feels scared, how his friend would make funny derp faces whenever he's sad, how he would comfort him with a hug whenever he's broken and how he would smile at him to make him relieved...

It’s not his fault that he came to love his friend...

And now, he's watching his friend pacing back and forth on whether to strike a conversation with another guy
Just a while ago, his beloved friend consulted to him about something he felt towards another guy...
Kyungsoo expected him to; it's only a matter of time anyway before Chanyeol would finally realize that he's starting to fall...
Kyungsoo knew about it but still, it hurts more than he expected.

He didn't need to ask to know who the other person is... of course he knows where his friend had laid his eyes on... he had memorized Chanyeol.

He went to the kitchen to drink water... just then that Chanyeol went inside too
Again Chanyeol flashes him a sweet smile...
It’s very taxing for his part...

And like when his feelings were trapped like liquid in a soda can, constantly being shaken but never got to let it out... he heard something just cracked... and before he knew it, he took a step towards Chanyeol and with his emotions finally overflowing… he locks him to an embrace...

"Do you know how much I love you?"

Surprising his friend and Baekhyun, who is muddily standing at the kitchen door...

 

_author's corner_
lately, i'm addicted in watching detective conan during my spare time
sorry for late updates T.T
i love conan since i'm 9 but i'm addicted to him lately hehe
thanks a lot for reading this fic, i'm really inspired by you guys... and please continue to look forward for the next chapters
ganbattemasu~ hehe
have a lovely weekend! ehe, whats for next chapter...? ofcourse its kaisoo hehe