Chapter 19

12 Confessions

Winter Eve

 

Sehun stood up from the chair he’s sitting and walks his way out through the empty library door for Luhan won’t seem to show up sometime soon anyway.

It’s almost Christmas Eve that’s why everyone is busy with their own crazes. And besides, who would want to stay in the library during holidays? But Sehun stayed; even though library, books, and other similar things aren’t his liking. And though being alone in the library for hours is really spine-chilling.

He laughs at himself. He thinks he’s getting duller and duller just because of his crush towards his professor. Of course there’s no way he would spend his holidays in such a boring place; even the librarian is on leave that is why he even took all the trouble to borrow the library room keys from the management. Another effort wasted—he thought.

When he’s about to head out of the library, someone suddenly bumped unto his chest. He looked at the guy and was surprised to realize that it was actually Luhan. The one he has been waiting for hours to show up.

Luhan looked up and was shocked to see Sehun too. He seemed to hesitate a bit but when he heard someone call his name from afar, he jumps a bit and finally utters,

“Save me!”

Sehun was taken aback. Luhan is looking at him with his deer-shaped eyes which seemed larger and prettier because he is wearing eyeliner at the moment. He also had a pink tint gloss on his lips and his cheeks are graced with BB silk primer.

That he needed to take a moment to admire the other’s beauty before he can finally respond at the other’s plead. He is about to ask about the matter when he felt the shorter one tensed again upon hearing a student call his name for the second time from somewhere in the hallway.

Getting a gist of the situation, he turned off some of the library room lights and pulled Luhan inside to hide from one of the shelves in the middle part of the room.

 

“Professor Lu…?” one of the students called as she enters the empty half-dimmed library.

Sehun and Luhan scouted. And though Sehun is feeling somewhat excited, Luhan on the other hand is starting to sweat. Sehun noticed the older one troubled and he can only smile for he really thinks Luhan is really charming in whatever expression he flashes.

“I don’t think he’s here” another student suggested

“I think so too, aww~ our library is really scary when it’s empty” the other one followed as they head out the door

 

When the two students went out the room to search in other places, Luhan finally lets out a relieved sigh. Sehun is still staring at him and when he thinks it’s already fine to ask, he starts,

“So? The students just now did that (the makeup) to you?”

“Ah yup. At first they were just trying those stuffs on the main lead of the upcoming year end musical performance but I don’t know how come I was dragged in the middle and before I knew it, they were already fussing about how I look”

“Well, maybe because you look really pretty”

“But their faces keep on getting scarier every time they add something on my face… I felt like I need to escape before it’s too late.”

“Hmn… I see.”

“Anyways, thanks” Luhan gave him a smile

“Y-yeah” Sehun got flustered and he looks away.

Somehow he feels it’s dangerous.

 

He then glances beside him to see Luhan his own lips. Now he’s starting to feel hot.

Hot? Sure he’s hot. Ask every girl in the campus and for sure they’ll agree that he is sizzling hot. But it’s not the kind of hotness that he is thinking about. It’s about the heat his body feels that even though he can see the snow falling outside though the window-still, he still feels hot. And he thinks he needed to say something to control himself.

Anything. Quick, think of something to say…

“What are you doing?” His gaze fixed on the other’s lips

Wrong question.

“Ah, I’m removing the lip gloss but the tint is hard to take off.”

“Let me see” upon uttering this line, Sehun bent over to his side and pressed his lips against Luhan’s.

A kiss.

And not a short one.

Luhan could just hold his breath; still not believing this moment.

 

“You’re right. It won’t easily take off.”

 

But unfortunately, his professor is still in daze. Sehun yet again looks at him; though he’s the one who initiated the kiss just now, it’s still making him shy for after all, it is with the guy he had a crush on.

Crush… it is about time for him to consider that this is not just a simple crush. He thinks so too.

Crush is when you contented yourself with just admiring that person from afar enjoying the little heart flicks offered whenever you think of that person then you felt like dying whenever you get to talk with him/her.

But no. Sehun doesn’t feel that way anymore. Soon as he started to admire Luhan, the more he wanted to make him his. Every time he thinks of him, he felt like running towards his place. And whenever he gets to talk with him, he feels like closing whatever distance there is between them.

 

He chuckled a bit upon seeing Luhan still in haze as he comments,

“You know, you could at least breathe…”

Luhan blushed furiously and says,

“I… couldn’t breathe…”

Sehun’s heart raced… indeed, it’s no longer just a simple crush.

“Oh… can’t be helped…”

This time, Sehun cups Luhan’s cheeks to turn him towards his side and slowly moves closer to kiss him again.

Apart from escaping to those girls who wanted to experiment his face, Luhan thinks it’s this man that he needs to escape from the most.

 

And he’s scared to death for his heart never got to pound this hard before… just from sharing a kiss with this man in the dark corner of the library where no one else is around—the winter when he is twenty three.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok yet again turned back and took three steps away from outside of Jongdae’s apartment door.

Even before going up the second floor where Jongdae’s flat is located, he already spent hours in stepping back and forth. He is hesitating to knock and inform the other guy that he is already here even though it’s Jongdae who invited him to come. It won’t be burdensome if only it’s just an ordinary night like any other but its Christmas Eve.

And what is he thinking? Planning to spend Christmas Eve with someone who is not even his lover…

No matter how you look at it, the set up is just weird right?

He sighs. His head is starting to hurt from thinking of unnecessary things. He wonders if it’s better like that, at least it is not his chest that’s throbbing.

 

He sits besides the apartment door with his back leaning on the wall while thinking that he needed to collect his thoughts for a while. He took out his phone and went to the contacts list to search for Jongdae’s entry. He slides his fingers on the phone screen proposing to press the call tab only to get dally on the last minute. But soon as he’s about to put his phone away, it started to vibrate signaling a call—from Jongdae that is.

He noticed his that his heart has started throbbing. He awkwardly answered the call,

“Where are you now?” Jongdae asked from the other line

“I’m at home” Minseok answered with a glum smile

“Liar, I can hear the cars at the background”

“I’m---“

Before he could even continue, the door beside him opened with Jongdae holding up his phone and is about step out but paused when he noticed him squatting beside his apartment door.

“What are doing there when it’s damn cold?” Jongdae asked while he puts his phone down as he stretched his arms for Minseok to grab

“Nothing. You, where are you going?”

“I’m about to go to where you are…”

Minseok smiled as he enters Jongdae’s place while holding his hand.

 

He thinks that this kind of weird set up is not so bad… it’s fine to think of unnecessary things and to have his heart thump faster continuously… it’s Christmas Eve after all.

 

 

 

--O.0—
Waaa~ so much mushiness, sorry~
It must have been uncomfortable
But thanks a lot for still reading this fic
Please feel free to tell me if you’re bothered about something ^^~
And of course happy holidays~
‘will post extra chapter later~