Chapter 21

12 Confessions

Apart From Friends 

 

Suho thinks Lay is very contradicting.

Like when Lay stares at him languidly yet for some reason, it makes him flustered. Another instance is when Lay is usually slow in various things but he can always take him off guard by surprise at times. And when his friend never really did something romantic at all but he still feels it’s very sweet…

He is his friend but what he feels for him sometimes contradicts…

Suho fixes his coat and run his fingers to brush his hair in front of the mirror as he gets ready for school. He turns to his left, particularly to his window and slides its curtain to stare at the balcony across him for a while. He noticed that the sliding doors at the balcony are left opened…

I told you before not to leave your balcony door open overnight…

“Are you still asleep? You’ll be late if you don’t get up soon…” He utters as if telling it personally to the other.

But when he saw Lay walk out the bathroom door of his room, he got alarmed and immediately slides back his curtains. He sighs.

That was close...

“You look stupid, my child” the housekeeper ahjumma who already came to be Suho’s second mom commented when she saw his young master acting funny as she was changing the bed sheets.

Suho blushed, he thinks so too. He went towards her and hugged her like a kid from behind and calls her cutely, “Ahjumma~”

 

 

 

Another thing that makes Suho think Lay is contradicting is whenever his friend from the student council asks him to introduce her to Lay. He doesn't get why it makes him annoyed… and he doesn’t like what he’s feeling.

“Oppa, jebal~ you said you two were friends since even before you were born…”

That's the tenth time his friend Aerah asked him about Lay and he's starting to get sick of it.

“ok… ok, I get it… I just have to tell him about you right?”

“Yup! So when?” Aerah asked cheerfully

“Later. When I met him…”

He should be happy that his friend likes a good guy like Lay… yet it’s very ironic that he somehow wishes it’s not with Lay…

 

 

 

 

“Is it ok if I come over there for a while?”

Lay loves leaving his balcony door open every night. Well, he actually checks if the lights from the room across his are already closed. Due to Suho's busy schedule, the latter always end up sleeping late and Lay worries about his health at times. But apart from that, he also loves to stay there in the balcony and have a little moment before he go to sleep. But he doubts he can have it any moment soon. For if he’s not already dreaming, he thinks he just heard Suho asked him to let him enter his room for a while.

He doesn’t really mind if Suho is to stay longer if he wants; what he minds is himself… can he let Suho come over there for just a while? For all he knows, Suho is his neighbor and a former childhood friend but the problem is, he then came to like him more than just a friend.

“Oh, could it be that I’ll be a bother?”

“Ah, no, yea… are you like, literally coming over here?” Lay thinks he should snap from his thoughts right now so he went closer to the balcony railings to properly hear Suho. He still thinks he’s hallucinating.

“Yea. He he he so literally like this—“ Suho climbs from his window frame and carefully steps one of his feet on the balcony railings. Lay automatically takes Suho’s hands to support him. And when the latter feels stable, he drags his other feet towards the railings and to jump on the other side.

“Careful… next time, please use the door downstairs instead”

“Geez…”

Lay gulps as he watches Suho tighten his grip on his arms as the latter steps down on his balcony. After stepping down, Suho lets go of Lay’s arms and leans his back on the balcony railings. Lay got two steps backward.

“What are doing? I just need to confide something…”

“Ah right. For a while” Lay run inside his room and grabbed one of his pillows so he could squeeze something just in case he need one and went next to Suho. Now both of them had their backs rested on the railings.

Suho chuckled a bit and cleared his throat as he starts, “You see, I have this friend of mine that really wants to know you… if you could meet her some time…”

Lay frowns a bit. Though he really didn’t bother that Suho never felt a bit of hesitation in introducing his friend to him, he still get a bit disappointed and just when he thought it could be something. He breathes out a little and answers,

“Sure…”

Suho glanced sideward at him too and glanced back to his front. He too lets out a long sigh before saying

“Well, there is really something else I wanted to confide to you…. Uhm… do you think jealousy can exist between friends?”

Lay frowns more. He thinks Suho is jealous of introducing his friend to him.

“Do you like that girl or something? Don’t go introducing her to someone if you do”

Suho jumps a bit from Lay’s low yet not-so-calm voice. He turns to face Lay and defends, “No, I’m not point—“

But before he could continue, Lay already adds, “I don’t even let anyone get close to you—“

“Eh?”

“Forget it.”

“I… I’m talking about you here. Because lately, I feel really uncomfortable if someone wants me to introduce them to you… I mean we’re friends but why do I get to feel this way? Basically, I'm jealous right?”

Lay was at first, surprised. He sure heard his friend's half-confessed feelings. He then just smiles and say,

“It’s ok. I told you I feel that way too”

“Really? Then this is just normal… I’m relieved”

“No it’s not because I feel that way only towards  y o u .”

“Oh, it’s true; then what does it mean?”

Lay stares at him for a while.

“It means this…”

Lay moves closer and picked Suho’s lips for his own.

Shortly after, Lay turns to look at him and saw Suho speechless and staggered.

Realizing what he just did, he also got fluttered.

Now I’ve done it.

He looks down on the floor and saw his pillow he dropped when he kissed Suho and thinks that even bringing a pillow at times like this is useless.

“I’m sorry…” He said feeling guilty while looking down. He heard nothing from the other so he looks up to face him again.

He saw Suho’s lips form to say something but the latter's voice won’t come out and when it finally does,

“…O… once more…”

“HUH?!”

No wonder people say love can kill because Lay thought he just had a heart attack but too bad he's not yet dead so he totally panicked instead, perhaps Suho's brain malfunctioned or maybe it's him who is hearing impossible things out.

“Can we do it once more?”

But Suho just confirmed it. And he is outright serious.

Lay’s face got totally red and he laughs that's when Suho's cheeks got pinkish.

 

He turns in front of Suho and rested both his hands on the railings

“I really am no match with you…”

Lay told him as he leans closer to kiss Suho once more.

 

To this fellow whom I feel bad if we end up stuck with each other, I'm sorry but can you please stay patient with me?

I may not be good in taking care of you like how you always do for me but I promise to stay with you all the time.

And I may not be able to protect you from me, but I'll strive to protect your smile forever.

 

 

 

--a/n—

Hello! Waaaa sorry took so long to update huhu

I really want to update this sooner but I guess I’ll be able to update only once a week

thanks a lot for reading this ^^~

and I really really love reading your comments

have a nice day!