Chapter 3

12 Confessions

First Confession

 

“With you, it was love at first sight”

Kyungsoo is just too fed up to be shocked and too annoyed to be moved by such love confession.
His expression appears to be normal but his insides are about to overheat with the processing of which reaction he should let out first and what curse should he swear best.

A stranger slightly taller than him and a bit tanned is grinning like an idiot after stealing a peck on him and stating his ‘love confession’ for him.

Kyungsoo then conducted a mental check if today’s Friday the 13th for he was constantly bombarded by a series of unfortunate events ever since this day has started. He just couldn't find any reason at all why crappy things like these are happening to him with just one day.

 

Earlier this morning…

 

Skipping minor stuffs like he had his faucet broken to end up splashing a damn cold water directly to his half asleep face; or him, almost missed the scheduled bus, and many other things…

“Are you sure you left your bag at the practice room?”, Kyungsoo talking to the phone with Chanyeol on the other line.

Just as today is his day, he apparently left his assignment at home; so thinking he might just copy Chanyeol’s work instead of having none, so he heads to the Cultural Arts Building.

Walking through the hallway, he stops at the studio. He’s to open the door when he saw through the window glass a guy dancing inside.

Impressed, he stood for a while to watch as the other moves every part of his body with the rhythm, swiftly and smoothly. He just dances perfectly. Like when it's too perfect you tend to be in awe and end up being intimidated, but when this guy dances, you feel very comfortable and you feel like you it just made your day.

Then the guy took notice of Kyungsoo watching him, he stops and gestures him to leave.

Wait, did he just shoo Kyungsoo away?

Irritated, he opens the door and walks inside the room as if not seeing the other guy.
As for the other guy, he turns off his music player, exchanged glances with Kyungsoo and smirks while he walks pass him towards the exit, leaving Kyungsoo more irritated.

He spots Chanyeol’s bag in the corner. After he got his hands on it, he searches inside… but found nothing but scratch papers with lyrics, scribbles and stuffs… he can’t believe he hadn't thought so too, he should have known.

Of course crappy things don’t just end there. He still has the whole afternoon to deal with his luck.

He’s peacefully taking a snack with Chanyeol and Lay when some random flying baseball ball out of nowhere hits his forehead.

Corny? Of course it’s corny. Kyungsoo, himself too, thinks it’s so damn corny; but he has already expected it beforehand. At least, it’s not a flying baseball bat.
Soon some baseball player went towards them and apologized.

“It’s not that bad, but I think you should still go to the clinic to apply some ointment.” says Chanyeol while placing the still wrapped kiwi-flavored Popsicle on the swelling area of Kyungsoo’s forehead.

Kyungsoo reluctantly went to the clinic. Well, no one’s inside so he figured he should just search for it himself. As he turns to the Chinese wooden divider, he saw two people making out… well it’s just kissing but still making out. The girl covers her lips with her hand and just runs away blushing furiously.

As for the guy… he turns out to be the same guy he met at the studio this morning… the guy brushed his hair with his fingers and gave Kyungsoo a smirk. Also the same smirk he has received from the same guy this very morning. The guy fixed his composure and walks pass by Kyungsoo towards the door.

Tsk.

The members are in the backstage of ‘Chilled Lemons’ bar waiting for their turn. They still have an hour before their gig. Kyungsoo got his headphones up while waiting for Chanyeol. It’s already evening and thinking that the world may not be too hard to give him another ‘lucky’ stuff, he relaxed a bit but still not dropping his guard.

After a while, Chanyeol enters the room holding hands with Baekhyun, uhm, not really holding hands as the former is just holding the latter’s wrist.

“Guys, I found him!” Chanyeol exclaims.

Leaving Kyungsoo utterly shocked.

Of all the events that happened to him this day, this is what he thinks is probably the scariest.

“Found what?” asks Lay

“Ah, sorry for being late, I got hard time looking for this midget here. He’s Byun Baekhyun. Our new member.” He then turns to Kyungsoo and adds, “He’s the one I’m telling you during lunch break”

Kyungsoo vaguely remembers he heard Chanyeol talking about a guy from their class this lunch but he’s too occupied by his own thoughts at that time to listen.

After some introductions and discussions, Kyungsoo finally felt relieved that everything between the two is purely platonic. It was agreed that for now, Baekhyun will just watch them perform and maybe decide soon if he wants to join… something like that.

So they performed on stage and Baekhyun is watching them from the side with Minseok.

After the performance, they went backstage and saw Minseok and Baekhyun with some guy.
Kyungsoo recognizes that guy… it’s that guy again, the one from the studio and clinic.
He felt his jaw drop literally.

So this guy, soon named Jongin but wants to be called Kai, happens to be Minseok’s nephew who is currently living with him.

“Hello, I saw you before on stage, you really stole my heart back there” Kai tells Kyungsoo naturally soon as they were introduced to each other.

Well yeah, as what you would expect a player to say.

“Ah thanks” answers Kyungsoo with a poker face

Kai then smiles and planted a kiss on Kyungsoo’s cheek

“w-what did you…” asks Kyungsoo with so much confusion.

“I’m saying that with you, it’s love at first sight” answers Kai with a smile.

 

And so… going back,

Kyungsoo, still staring at this man whom he apparently got kissed and confessed to, decided to just slip it away. Thinking that maybe that’s just how Kai greets people, considering what he saw in the clinic this afternoon. He closes his eyes, lets out a long sigh and turned to face Kai again.

'Love at first sight, your face. We already met thrice.'

Kai then gave him a smirk… like the smirks he gave him earlier this day, but this time, with a different vibe.

Without any hint, the cups Kyungsoo’s cheek and kisses him again… on the lips this time.

Dead silence looms the room until…

Kyungsoo started laughing.
Kai probably hasn’t noticed other members’ face turned gray, with the exemption of Chanyeol whose face is turning violet, as he then too conveniently lets out a laugh.

This time, totally draining all of Chanyeol’s remaining blood due to nervousness

Kyungsoo stops; so as kai…

Without wasting a second, Kyungsoo grabbed the nearest potential weapon he can get, Chanyeol’s drum stick as he sways it to stab Kai.

“You piece of------“

Other members are still horrified but it was probably their adrenaline that made them react on time before Kyungsoo ends up murdering a person. With just drum stick? Yeah, if it’s Kyungsoo then it’s possible.

“You little $#!t”
“You’re definitely asking for your death”
“Wait til I get my hands on you”

Kyungsoo is swearing nonstop while being held by Tao and Sehun as he struggles to reach Kai.
Kai, on the other hand, was totally shocked but nevertheless amused…
He even managed to give Kyungsoo a smirk as he was being led outside the room by Minseok and Lay.

Chanyeol is stunned… and in awe, for in his lifetime, it’s the first time he has seen someone got guts to do that to his friend… he thinks Kai is totally no joke.

Whose no joke to Baekhyun is Kyungsoo… the former is still as terrified as Chanyeol… it’s as if he saw a raging zombie from the 'Walking Dead' live in his face. Traumatized of what he witnessed just now, he made an oath,

To never get into Kyungsoo’s bad side in any situation.

 

_author's corner_
yey, as promised, whole chapter for kaisoo ehe..
about the names, like the band name, bar name, etc...
i really at naming things and even thinking of the title is really hard for me..
so please bear with those weird titles and names for a while,,
thank you for reading and subscribing to my fic,, you really guys make me so happy ^^~
til next chapter ~~