07 Engaged

Believe in Love

On the day of engagement, all the 11 EXO boys were invited. They were sitting together with IU’s brother Jaeeun.

Everyone stood up and clapped for the couple when they entered the hall.

“Wow! My noona is really pretty!” Jaeeun exclaimed.

“Yeah, she is beautiful.” Luhan said with his eyes fixed on IU.

IU was dressed really prettily in a white dress while sehun was dressed in a simple black suit.

“Luhan hyung! But I thought you’re noona’s boyfriend?” Jaeeun asked.

“Ani, we’re only best friends… yeah best friends.” Luhan looked kind of sad.

 

“Thank you everyone for attending the engagement ceremony of Mr Oh Sehun and Ms Lee Jieun. Please enjoy yourselves here today.” Sehun’s mother stood on the stage and announced.

All the guests applauded while some were screaming their well-wishes for the couple.

However, while clapping, Luhan was tearing. He was sad to see that the one he love is getting engaged to his friend.

 

In a blink of the eye, the engagement ceremony ended.

“Jaeeun-ah! IU ran over and hugged her dongsaeng.

“Aigoo, did out Jaeeun had fun?” IU ruffled his hair.

“Noona! Don’t mess up my hair! I want to look handsome beside noona!” Jaeeun tried to fix his hair back.

“Congratulations…”Luhan held out his hand.

“Gomawo” IU held out hers too and shook his hand.

Somehow, she could see the sadness in his eyes. His eyes seem swollen, as though he had just cried.

 

Kris and Sehun were in a corner having some men’s talk.

“So you two are really engaged now?” Kris asked.

“Neh…” Sehun replied.

“For real?” Kris asked.

“Yeah…”

“Then what about in the future?”

“I don’t know…”

“Do you like her?”

“Yes I guess so? Ever since she agreed to be my fake girlfriend. I guess I fallen for her.”

“Then it’s great! What do you have to worry now?”

“What if she don’t feel the same way I feel for her. And Luhan… Everyone knows he likes IU. It’s so obvious.”

“Well, do you want to give up IU for him?”

“Of course no! I love IU a lot! There’s no way I will give up on her.”

“Well then, go for it. Show your love for her. Make her fall in love in you.”

“Then what about Luhan?”

“He will understand if IU really loves you back.”

“I’ll try…”

Kris patted sehun on his shoulder and they both left the place to find the rest.

 

Since they were still schooling, Sehun’s mother had postponed their wedding till after they graduate from university.

Till then, they are just like any ordinary couple.

However in school, all the fangirls of sehun were jealous of IU.

They were jealous that someone as poor as her can get engaged to school’s richest Oh Sehun. How could she.

Everyone fangirl was throwing curses at IU whenever she passed by.

They would come up with pranks to disturb IU.

There was once when IU was locked up in the school’s toilet for the whole night.

It was until Jaeeun contacted Luhan then IU got rescued.

Luhan was like IU’s guardian angel, protecting her from any trouble.

But, IU has only treated him as an ordinary oppa. Just like all the 11 EXO oppas.

 

“Hey IU, my mother asked if you would come over for dinner tonight? She asked you to bring Jaeeun along too.” Sehun told IU.

“Ok sure.” IU agreed.

After school, Sehun fetched IU home for her to wash up and get Jaeeun before they all head over to Sehun’s parents’ house(They’re not living together).

Their house was twice as big as Sehun’s. It was really gigantic. Everything found inside was expensive looking and IU didn’t dare to wander off anywhere, fearing that she would accidentally break anything.

“Oh, you’re here already? Just treat here as your home. Dinner will be served real quick.” Sehun’s mother said to IU as she walked out of the kitchen, taking off her apron.

“Your omma cooks?” IU asked Sehun.

“Not really, but for you, she decided to cook herself.” Sehun answered.

 

Within a few minutes, the aroma of the food filled the whole house. IU, Sehun and his parents gathered around the dining table.

“Noona! The food here looks so delicious!” Jaeeun said, drooling upon seeing the feast.

“Aigoo, your brother is so cute. Jaeeun-ah eat as much as you like ok?” sehun’s mother said.

“Neh Oh Ajumma.” Jaeeun said and started eating.

“So how’s the food?” Sehun’s mother asked.

“Jjang!” Jaeeun said with a thumb up sign, indicating that the food was great.

“Jieun-ah, why don’t you move in to live with us?” sehun’s father finally talked.

“Neh? What do you mean?” IU asked.

“Sehun has told us about your living conditions. Since your parents are both gone already, why not you move in and live with us? Or live with Sehun?” he continued saying.

“Appa! Why are you suggesting this all of a sudden?” Sehun protested.

“Wae? You don’t want to live with Jieun?” Mrs Oh asked.

“Not that but… we’re still young, isn’t it?” Sehun said while blushing.

“Aigoo, our son is shy? Since you both are going to get married soon. Just live together! It won’t do any harm!” Mrs Oh said.

“So how? Jaeeun, do you want to live with this handsome sehun oppa?” Mr Oh changed his target to IU’s brother.

“Neh!” Jaeeun answered enthusiastically.

“See! Your brother likes it too!” Mrs Oh said.

“But, would it be troublesome for you?” IU looked at sehun.

“Aniyo, you can m-move in to live with me.” Sehun stuttered.

“Then I guess I’ll move to Sehun’s house.” IU said shyly.

“Yay! Then you’ll have to help us take care of Sehun!” Mrs Oh said.

“Neh!” IU replied.