02 Friends

Believe in Love

“Chingu-yah !” Luhan shouted out and hugged the guy he shouted out.

“Oh, who’s this?” The guy turned around and noticed it was Luhan.

“Omo, Luhan !” he hugged Luhan tightly.

“Yah Chanyeol-ah. I’m going die if you hug me so tightly !” Luhan complained.

“It has been a long time since we met Luhan-ah !” Chanyeol loosened his arms to look at Luhan properly.

“Yeah, it has been a long time indeed.” Luhan said.

“Chanyeol-ah, care to introduce?” another guy spoke.

“Oh, I’m sorry ! Forgot to introduce ! Luhan, this is my clique, EXO. This here is Suho, Kris, Tao, Xiumin, Chen, D.O, Baekhyun, Kai, Lay and Sehun.” Chanyeol introduced them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Luhan imnida!” Luhan greeted and bowed down 90degrees.

“Luhan, no need to be so formal with us! We’re same age !” Suho said.

“Oh Chanyeol ! This is my new friend that I just made today ! Jieun!” Luhan pulled IU into the conversation and introduced her.

“Ehh Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Jieun imnida.” IU introduced herself.

“Isn’t this the cute girl from your class?” Kai asked Sehun.

“Aish, how can you ask a guy who sleeps all day about who’s in the class.” Sehun replied.

“Neh, I’m from Sehun-ssi’s class” IU said.

“She’s really quite pretty! Cute too !” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah ! Totally agreed ! Why not we all hang out together during the break next time ! I’m sure it’ll be pretty fun!” Xiumin suggested.

Everyone agreed.

 

Time flies. Break has already ended and everyone was already in their class, getting ready for the next lesson.

‘It’s only Luhan’s first day here and he have gotten so many friends for me… I… I really miss this feeling of having friends… Thanks Luhan-ah.’ IU thought while staring at Luhan.

Luhan kind of noticed that IU was staring at him and turned to look at her.

Feeling embarrassed, IU quickly turned around and faced the front while pretending to be listening attentively. She then drifted into dreamland after awhile…

 

On the other hand, in the other corner of the class…

‘So this Jieun really is from my class.. Guess she isn’t one of my fangirls or else why would I not notice her. She’s quite cute-looking…’ Sehun stared at the now sleeping IU.

 

 

“RINGGGG” that bell was a signal for the students that class is over.

Everyone stood up to greet the teacher and packed their stuffs.

“Hey IU, where do you live? Wanna go home together?” Luhan said while packing.

IU was packing very quickly, grabbing all her stuffs and throwing into her bag.

“I’m rushing for time, bye.” IU immediately rushed out of the class.

‘Hmm, what could it be that made her rush?’ Luhan thought and decided that he should follow her.

He quickly ran out of the classroom to follow IU.

 

IU boarded a bus and unknowingly, Luhan too boarded the bus.

Throughout the bus, IU was sleeping with her head resting on the window and Luhan was hiding in a corner, hoping that she would not discover him.

 

After several stops, IU woke up and realized she has reached her destination.

She quickly grabbed her belongings and alighted while Luhan followed closely behind her.

 

‘A restaurant?’ Luhan thought when she saw IU going into a restaurant.

He decided not to go in and just wait outside to see what IU was doing.

A few moments, IU could be seen through the glass panels of the restaurant. She was wearing the waitress’ uniform and happily serving the customers.

‘So.. IU is working part time here? Why not I get the EXO boys to come eat here?’ Luhan thought.

 

 

IU’s pov

 

‘Sigh… It’s time for my part-time job again. I’m so tired after rushing here but I must continue smiling ! This increases my chance of getting tips !

Lee Jieun fighting !!’ I thought.

Today was like any other days. Taking orders, serving dishes and occasionally going to the back to help with the dishes. This has became my daily routine already.

“Welcome to SM restaurant !” I shouted immediately when I heard the doors opening.

“Wow, this restaurant sure looks cosy.”

“I love the atmosphere here.”

“Does this restaurant belong to your family too?”

“Yeah, judging by the name, I think so.”

The customers that just came in were chatting happily.

‘These voices… they sound really familiar…’ I thought while I was still taking orders at another table.

 

“Waiter!” someone shouted.

“Neh!” I replied and went to the table, ready to take their orders.

“O? Luhan-ssi?” I was shocked when I saw Luhan at the table.

“Sehun, Baekhyun, Kai… Everyone from EXO is here?” I was really shocked.

“Neh, we’re here to support you !” Luhan showed his killer eyesmile.

They gave me their orders and I continued with my work.

 

“Hey IU, what time is your work ending? I can wait for you!” Luhan asked while I was serving them the dishes.

“Quite late, I’m working both the afternoon and night shifts.” IU said.

“Why are you working so much?” Luhan asked.

“For money of course,” IU said and left the table to continue her work.

“Luhan-ah, how come you call Jieun IU?” Chanyeol asked.

“Kekeke, it’s a secret between us only.” Luhan said and started to eat.

 

 


Hehehe i saw a few of you quite interested in who's his childhood friend, actually, i just randomly picked to be.

Feel free to voice out any opinions so i can improve on my writing !

 

** Btw, i changed the description of Sehun in the foreword of this story!