12 Lost

Believe in Love

IU’s pov

 

‘The place seems to have gotten darker. Am I on the right track?’ I thought as I looked around.

There were nothing but trees and darkness.

The sounds of crickets and rustling of leaves really do creep me out.

“Sehun-ie! Luhan-ah!” I turned around and screamed for them.

“Yah! Don’t joke around with me! Come out now! Stop hiding!” I continued shouting but still no replies.

Right now, I am certain about one thing. I’m lost in this forest.

At night, the place is really scary. Not only it’s cold but there are also wild animals roaming around the area.

With the thought of wild animals roaming around, I was really frightened.

‘Oh! I have my phone! Yes phone!’ I thought and quickly searched for my phone in my pocket.

After finding my phone, I quickly lifted in the air trying to find signal. But, there isn’t any signal.

I tried to trace back my steps, hoping that I will somehow end up at the campsite.

However, it was evident that I was just walking round and round as I have walked past the same marking I had made on a tree 3 times.

“Sigh… What to do now… Sehun oppa, are you coming to save me?” I mumbled.

While walking around, I heard the sound of flowing water and decided to follow the sound.

I ended up at a stream.

Being really exhausted after the whole day, I sat on one of the huge boulders along the stream to take a rest and unknowingly, I fell asleep.

 

Sehun’s pov

 

“Teacher! Jieun is missing! We can’t find her!” I reported to the teacher as soon as we reached the campsite.

“Oh dear, you guys should have been more careful! Where was her last seen at?” the teacher replied.

“She’s last seen at the place where we found this card.” I showed him the card.

“Oh my. This card was hidden quite deep in the forest. I didn’t expect anyone to find it though. If she continued walking deeper, I can’t imagine what would happen.” He replied.

“Teacher! Let’s go find her now!” I said anxiously as went digging for a touchlight from my bag.

“Ppali! Let’s go search for her!” Luhan said and he was too searching for torchlight.

“Hold on kids! It’s too dangerous to look for her at this timing! It’s already 11pm! Too dark to look for her. We should set off to look for her when the sun has rise tomorrow morning!” He tried to persuade us.

“No! Jieun is alone in the forest! She… She must be really scared now! I must go look for her!” I said while trying to dash into the forest again.

“There’s no way you will find her in such a big place! Let’s just wait for the sun to rise and report to the police! They have much more manpower!” he said.

“Sehun-ah, I know how you feel. I’m worried for IU too but we should listen to him. Let’s wait for the sun to rise.” Luhan tried to persuade me too.

“But… IU… She’s alone inside…” I hung my head low.

“Don’t worry, IU is very brave. She’ll be fine…” Luhan said.

 

For the whole night, I couldn’t sleep. I sat lied in the tent with my eyes wide open.

I was too worried for IU. Worried if she is facing any danger right now or if she is scared.

“Can’t sleep?” Luhan who was lying me asked.

“Yeah. You too?” I replied.

“I guess it’s the same reason. Too worried for Jieun…” He said.

“First thing in the morning, I’m going to go look for her.” I said.

“Me too.” He replied.

 

The both of us were awake throughout the whole night.

At 5am, the sun finally rose.

I quickly got up and rushed to the teacher’s tent to get him to report to the police while me and Luhan went into the forest and search for IU.

 

 

IU’s pov

 

I stretched my arms and legs and looked around.

It’s morning already.

“Lee Jieun fighting! I must find my way out!” I cheered on myself and set off.

I tried to recall the places I went yesterday.

Seriously, everywhere looked the same. Same trees same plants.

 

I was walking around trying to find my way when suddenly I felt a sharp pain at my ankle.

“Ouch!” I screamed and held my ankle tightly as I fell to the ground. From a distance, I could see a snake going away.

So, the snake must have been the one that bit my leg.

The pain was irresistible. It was so pain that a tear dropped from my eye.

 

Sehun’s pov

 

“Ouch!” I heard someone’s scream.

“Luhan! I heard a voice!” I told Luhan.

“Could it be IU?!” Luhan replied.

The both of us went in the direction where the sound came from and surprisingly, we saw a girl sitting on the floor holding on tightly on her leg. She looks as though she is in great pain.

I rushed ahead of Luhan and was happy to find out that it was IU.

“IU! We’ve finally found you!” I shouted and went to hug her.

 

IU’s pov

“IU! We’ve finally found you!”

‘Sehun oppa?’ I thought.

With all my might, I lifted my head up. “Sehun-ie! You’re here!”

In no time at all, he was already beside me and hugged me tightly. I was really glad but the pain at my ankle was worsening.

 

 

Sehun’s pov

 

I continued hugging her and after a while, I realised that she’s hasn’t moved a bit since then.

I loosened my grip to realise that she has passed out. From the pain probably.

“IU!” I screamed and quickly carried her.

“What happened to her?” Luhan asked me.

“Snake bite I think! We have to get her treated quickly!” I said and dashed back to the campsite.

The teacher immediately got his car ready and we drove her off to the nearest hospital.

 

A few moments later~

“Doctor! How is her?!” I asked the doctor who just came out of IU’s ward.

“Thank goodness the snake was not very poisonous. I just injected the medicine into her and she should be alright.” He said.

“Omg, thank you so much doctor.” I thanked the doctor and went into IU’s ward.

 

IU was sleeping on the bed soundly. Maybe because she was too tired from being lost in the forest.

I sat beside her and stared at her and slowly, I too fell asleep…