06 Blind date

Believe in Love

It was the day of Sehun’s blind date.

Sehun went to IU’s place to pick her up with his chauffer. He was in a black jacket and pants.

Thought he wore really simple clothings, it made him looked really handsome.

IU was wearing a simple white dress with a pink bow on her waist.

 

“Wow, IU… You’re very pretty today…” Sehun was so surprised by IU’s appearance and was looking at her from head to toe.

Even though IU’s outfit was hand-picked by Sehun himself, he didn’t thought that she will look this good.

“Come on, get in the car.” Sehun helped IU opened the door.

“Thanks.” IU got in and Sehun went in through the other door.

 

Throughout the journey, Sehun was being very kind to IU. He was constantly asking her if the seats were comfortable or if the aircon was too cold for her. Other than that, they were mostly silent.

 

“Here we are.” Sehun said as the car stopped in front of a restaurant. It looked so grand and expensive. If not for sehun, she probably wouldn’t have visited it.

Sehun went over to her door and helped her opened it.

“Let’s go in.” sehun held her hand tightly and went in.

 

Both of them went into the restaurant and into a private room that his parents were in.

As he opened the door, a voice could be heard.

“Oh Sehun-ah! You’re finally here!” His mother exclaimed.

She saw IU who was standing beside him and asked. “Who is this girl with you?”

“This is Lee Jieun, my girlfriend.” Sehun declared.

“Bwoh, you must be joking. Come on over, let me introduce you to miss Suzy.” His mother gestured for him to go over.

“Omma, I’m serious. This is the girl I love. I don’t want to come for whatever blind date this is.”Sehun said seriously and held up his hand which was tightly holding IU’s.

“Son, don’t make this kind of jokes now.” Sehun’s mother looked worried.

“You! Who are you! Get away from my son!” Sehun’s mum went forward and tried to separate them.

“Omma! Stop that! She’s really my girlfriend!” Sehun shouted and pulled IU in for a hug while pecking her lips.

Upon witnessing this scene, Suzy and her parents left.

“Miss Suzy! Wait ! Mrs Bae! I can explain!” Sehun’s mother tried to explain to them but they did not bother stopping and just left.

After a few seconds, they pulled apart and IU still hasn’t recover from the shock of the sudden kiss. It was her first kiss.

“Yah! Son! See what you have done! Now what ? I have to go apologise and explain to them!” sehun’s mother was really angry.

“Look omma, I told you I don’t want any blind dates. Since you keep insisting on one, I just have to bring my girlfriend here.” Sehun said.

“You’re girlfriend? Ok, tell me about yourself.” Sehun’s mother asked IU.

“She’s my classmate…” Sehun got interrupted before he finished.

“I asked her not you!” She said.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Jieun imnida. I’m not from any rich family and actually, I’m very poor. My parents both died and I’m living with only my dongsaeng. Even though I’m poor, I really love Sehun. I really really love him a lot. Please let us be together.” IU said and bowed down 90degrees.

This words made Sehun’s heart beat faster. Was she speaking the truth or just acting along? He really hope to find out soon.

“Bwoh? You and my son?! Unbelievable !” Sehun’s mother said.

“Sehun-ah, what she said, is it true?” She asked.

“Yes mother, we are deeply in love” Sehun looked at IU in her eyes.

“Fine then. I’ll believe you. Since you two love each other so much. I want you two to get engaged immediately.” She said.

“Omma! What’s with the sudden engagement?” Sehun protested.

“What’s wrong? You said you love her so I decided to be the good guy and allow you guys to be together.”She replied.

“But…” Sehun mumbled.

“Wae? Or you want to tell me that the both of you together is a fake?” She said.

“No no, it’s true, we’re really a couple.” Sehun said.

He felt really for IU for dragging her into such a complicated situation.

 

The ‘blind date’ successfully ended and Sehun took the responsibility to send IU home.

“IU-ah, so sorry…”Sehun said while in the car.

“It’s okay. But what about the engagement?” IU asked.

“I…I don’t know. Maybe I should just tell her the truth. That it was all just an act to cancel the blind date.” Sehun suggested.

“But then, all the efforts done would all go to waste.” IU said.

“Aish. Then what to do…”Sehun looked down.

“Let’s just follow the flow.” IU said.

“Are you serious?” Sehun said.

“Yeah. Who knows? I may even end up liking you for real.”IU joked.

At the thought that IU may like him for real, he blushed a little and looked away.”Ok”

 

Next day at school.

“SEHUN-AH! So what happened yesterday! Quickly tell us! I’m so curious!” Chanyeol jumped onto Sehun immediately when he reached the cafeteria.

All the 11 boys and IU gathered around the table.

Sehun told them what happened during the blind date, including the engagement.

“BWOH?! Engagement?!” Luhan jumped out of his seat in shock.

“Shhh, lower down your volume.” IU said.

“Why are you getting engaged to him!” Luhan asked IU.

“I don’t know. Things just turned out that way.” IU answered.

“Is there no other way out?” Luhan said.

“I don’t think so…” Sehun said.

Actually, by how Luhan was acting in front of IU, everyone except IU knew that he likes her.

Sehun was just simply ignoring that fact as he too likes her. He thinks that it was the perfect chance for him to get her.