03 Injured

Believe in Love

It was already midnight and IU had just finished her work. Since she was the youngest there, the seniors made her wash all the dishes before she can go home.

She stepped out of the restaurant and noticed that the entire area was dead silence except for a figure, sitting at the bench under the tree.

She did not think much and started to walk back home.

Just as she walked a short distance, she could feel as though someone is following her. Footsteps could be heard clearly.

She reached into her bag to get her umbrella and turned around to hit the mysterious man with it.

“YAH! Why are you following me! Are you a stalker?!” IU screamed and continued hitting.

“IU ! IU ! I’m Luhan ! It’s me, Luhan!” the man said while trying to protect himself from all the hitting.

“Luhan?” IU stopped the hitting and took a closer look at the man. It was indeed Luhan.

“Omo, Luhan I’m so sorry! I thought you were a stalker!” IU quickly kept her umbrella and looked at Luhan.

“Are you ok?” IU tried to touch one of Luhan’s bruises.

“Ouch! It’s pain!” Luhan shouted and covered the bruise.

“Ahh sorry sorry, why not you come over to my house. I can apply some cream for you..” IU said in a caring tone.

“Wow, do you invite just any guy to your house so easily?” Luhan tried to joke with her.

“Yah! Not everyone can come to my house. If you don’t want, you can just go home now.” IU smacked his shoulders, not knowing that there was a bruise there.

“OUCHHH!” Luhan help his shoulder tightly. “I think my shoulder is going to break if you hit me again.”

“Omo sorry ! Just come to my house!” IU said and lead Luhan to her house.

 

A few minutes later, they reached a old, run-down house which was located at the top floor of some building. There were several holes on the walls and roof of the house.

“So this is your house?” Luhan was amazed by the living conditions of IU.

“Emm yeah… Come on in.” IU invited Luhan in.

The ‘house’ has no rooms. There was only a big mattress mattress, blankets, pillows, tables and some very simple furniture.

“I didn’t thought houses like this still existed…” Luhan looked around the house.

“Noona! You’re finally back!” a boy went towards IU and hugged her.

“Ahh Jaeeun-ii, were you well-behaved today?” IU ruffled the little boy’s hair.

“Jaeeun-ah, could you go get the first-aid kit?” IU asked.

Obeying her instructions, Jaeeun went to get it.

“Who’s that?” Luhan looked confused.

“My dongsaeng. Lee Jaeeun.” IU answered.

“Then where’s your parents?” Luhan asked.

“They passed away when I was young…” IU answered.

“Oh, I’m sorry for asking that.” Luhan apologized for saying the wrong things.

“Noona ! Here’s the first aid kit!” Jaeeun handed over a box to IU.

“Gomawo Jaeeun-ii, it’s pretty late now, I think you should be in bed now.” IU said.

“Noona, is that handsome guy your boyfriend?” Jaeeun pointed at Luhan and asked.

“Aish, that’s just a friend! Go and sleep now!” IU ordered.

“Goodnight noona!”  Jaeeun went to sleep.

 

“Aww how cute is your brother.” Luhan said.

“Come sit down over here while I treat your injuries.” IU pulled Luhan to a chair.

IU got some cream from the first aid kit and applied it on Luhan’s bruises.

“Sighh, I never knew a girl like you can be so violent.” Luhan said while looking at his many bruises.

“I said I’m sorry already! Who was the one that followed me without me knowing?” IU said while applying the cream.

“I was worried for you…” Luhan said.

“Aish stop joking already.” IU pretended that it was a joke.

 

 

“There you go, I’m done with the cream !” IU said while clearing her stuffs.

“Thanks a lot! It’s quite late now, I think I should go so you can take a rest. Annyeong!” Luhan waved and left.

“Annyeong!” IU waved back.

This was the first time that IU has brought someone home.

 

“Ringgggg!!” IU’s alarm clock rang. It was five in the morning, time for IU to start her job.

Yes, her job in the morning was to delivery milk and newspaper.

She quickly washed up and rushed out to collect the newspaper and milk.

 

 

Sehun’s pov

‘Why is the bed so uncomfortable today? I can’t seem to sleep today…’ I thought as I rolled and rolled on the bed.

Since I knew I couldn’t fall asleep again, I think it would be better for me to go to the balcony and breathe in some fresh air.

I looked at the clock, it was only 5.30am.

‘Aish, school only starts at 8am…’ I thought.

I walked to the balcony and stretched myself while taking a deep breath.

The air was indeed really fresh.

I was admiring the rising sun and the birds chirping when I heard sounds or wheels.

‘Aish, who could it be so early in the morning…’ I looked around trying to find the source.

Suddenly, I could see a girl on bicycle stopping at my doorsteps leaving behind a bottle milk and newspapers. As I continued observing, I realized that it was the girl in my class, IU.

‘Could this possibly be the reason why she always sleeps in class? Cause she works early in the morning?’ I thought.

 

 

IU’s pov

 

‘6am now. Wow, my speed is getting faster each day! Time to head home and wake Jaeeun up!’ I thought and cycled my way home.

 

“Jaeeun-ah! Time to wake up or you will be late for school!” I shouted as I got some ingredients from the fridge to prepare breakfast.

“Arrasso noona…” Jaeeun woke up, rubbing his eyes.

Our breakfast is pretty simple; just 2 pieces of toast with some butter or jam.

Not that I don’t want Jaeeun to have a more nutritious breakfast, I don’t have the money…

 

Third person’s pov

 

IU quickly got her brother to finish his breakfast and they left home together for school.

She brought her brother to his school first before going to hers. By the time she reached school, she was already too tired…

 

 


Thanks for all the comments and subcriptions! You guys are all so lovely !