To the party

Getting Revenge on my Ex!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Enjoy ^_^

Jaehyo, aka Hyoyeon, stood awkwardly at the spot shifting from one leg to the other, biting her lips or fumbling with her fingers once in a while. She bit her lips nervously before uttering a feeble sorry.
“You think a sorry will help you?! Do you have any idea what you did?!” Luhan’s angry voice echoed of the walls of angel gang’s private room which is silent if you don’t count his angry burst out that was going on for a good couple of minutes now.
Hyoyeon flinched. “But, the authorities let it pass without issuing any punishment.” Her words faded away as the sentence was completed.
Kai and Jaehyo were caught sneaking into the dorms in the middle of the night by a professor who informed it to the authorities. Hyoyeon almost had a mental breakdown the next day. If she was to leave the school like that, everything that she had worked for till then would’ve been in vain. The board of authorities decided to meet the next day to take a decision on the matter. So, after two days of torturous waiting, she was informed that the school authorities had decided to drop the event without any punishment. It was weird how they were not even given detention as punishment but she didn’t dwell on it too much. She was too relieved to care. But Luhan on the other hand, strangely, didn’t seem too relieved or happy about the matter.
“So?! Does that mean what you did was fine?!” Luhan took a step closer to the girl and she immediately stepped back in reflex. “Do you remember we have an important match coming in a couple of days?” He gritted his teeth.
“I..” she looked up for a moment but immediately lowered her gaze seeing his angry face “I do.”
It would be an understatement to say that she was intimidated by this side of Luhan. Hyoyeon, in her one year of dating Luhan, had never seen his angry side and now that she saw it, she didn’t want to see it ever again. Angry Luhan was the scariest thing ever, scarier than angry Kai she would argue.
“That is not enough! Do you understand?!” He shouted into her ears.
Hyoyeon flinched and then nodded her head.
“Good.” Luhan breathed out trying to calm himself. His face was red and fists were clenched. “I won’t tolerate anymore of such mistakes from your side. Do you get it?”
Hyoyeon nodded.
“Do you get it?” He asked again, his voice alarmingly loud.
“Y..yes.” She answered immediately.
Luhan rubbed his temples trying to ease the nerves that were beating. “Leave. You can attend the practice sessions from tomorrow.”
“Okay sunbae.” She bowed without making eye-contact and scurried off to the door.
“Jaehyo.” Luhan called her and she jumped and immediately responded to his call. “Don’t get into any more trouble.”
“Sure sunbae.” She nodded and bowed before leaving.
Hyoyeon let go off the air she had been harboring in her lungs all the while. She decided to go back to her room and rest when someone called her from behind. When she turned back, she saw Xiumin running towards her calling out her name.
“Are you okay?” He asked while catching up with her.
“Yeah.” She smiled slowly starting to walk.
“Come, let’s go to the cafeteria. My treat.” Xiumin said enthusiastically.
Upon entering the cafeteria, they ordered two drinks and some snacks and occupied a 4 person table.
“It must have been nerve racking for you these two days.” He commented as he opened his can of juice.
“Very much. I’m glad they didn’t take any action against us.” She said grabbing her can of juice.  “But I think Luhan sunbae’s overreacting.”
Xiumin laughed shaking his head.
“What?” She asked curiously.
“Do you have any idea why they let you off free?”
Hyoyeon shrugged. “I don’t know. May be they are not very strict.”
Xiumin laughed again, louder this time. “Damsung High is famous for being strict. This school won’t be on top if they were so lenient towards the students.”
“Then” Hyoyeon leaned forward her curiosity piqued “how come me and Kai were exempted from punishments?”
“Punishments?” He snickered. “You would’ve been out of the gates now if it wasn’t for Luhan.”
Hyoyeon sat up straight, her brows furrowed as she murmured. “Luhan sunbae?”
“Luhan helped you. Luhan and Kai’s family donates a lot to the institution every year. Their fathers have a say in the matters handled by the school authorities. How do you think Kai gets away free from bullying issues?” Xiumin looked at the clueless person in front of him and laughed. “Kai gets away free because of his family but you got exempted from the punishments because of Luhan. He used his connections to make sure you got away free.” He took a sip of his drink.
Hyoyeon looked down on her sandwich, fumbling with the foil that covered it as she thought intently about what Xiumin had just said. “Luhan sunbae and Kai are rich?”
Xiumin chuckled. “Of all the things you are curious about, you are curious about this? Of course they are. Most of the members of white and black gangs are rich. But there are a few exceptions like me. I’m dirt poor.” He said munching on his sandwich.
Hyoyeon jerked up on her seat. “Then how will you pay for this??”
“It’s okay. I’m on scholarship. I don’t have to give tuition fees and I get some money as stipend every month.” Xiumiin reassured the girl and she sat back.
“Why did Luhan sunbae went out of his way to save me?” She asked curiously.
Xiumin shrugged. “There might be some reason.” He couldn’t tell Jaehyo the actual reason why Luhan wanted the guy to stay.
.
.
The rest of the day, Hyoyeon kept wondering why Luhan saved her. She noted in her mind to make sure to thank him later. Walking back to her dorm, Hyoyeon met Kai on the way. The guy smirked upon seeing her.
“I’m glad you’re still here.”
Hyoyeon scoffed. “As if you care.”
“Oh come on~ Don’t be like that. You’re my favorite slave kiddo.” Kai sang and grabbed the guy by her neck making her bend down as he shook her affectionately. Hyoyeon suddenly became aware of the body contact and wiggled out of his hold. “Aish, I’m not a kid.” She frowned making Kai laugh at her cuteness.
“Yes, you are.” Kai grinned. “By the way, it’s my birthday party this Saturday. Make sure you come.” Hyoyeon looked up surprised at the fact she got invited to his party as Jaehyo and not Hyoyeon. “There might some dishes for you to wash.” Kai finished making the girl glare at him.
Kai laughed. “Just kidding. But make sure to come.” He hit her shoulder before walking away.
Hyoyeon mumbled some incoherent words while fixing her uniform and walking back to her dorm. She took a bath and came back to her room plopping down on her bed. Her thoughts wandered off to Luhan.
Why did he protect me?
[flashback]
Hyoyeon ran with all her might. She knew that it won’t be long before the catch up to her. Seeing that she was out of their sight, she turned to the deserted alley and hid behind a trash bin. She didn’t waste a second and grabbed her phone from her backpack and pressed on number 1 in her speed dial.
Luckily, the phone was answered after two rings.
“Hey baby.” She heard him say. She didn’t have time for greetings and introductions so she went straight to the topic.
“Luhan, help me.” She said in a hushed tone. “XXXX Street near the convenience store.” She made it short and ended the call hoping that he heard her and would come to her rescue asap.
Hyoyeon heard steps of some guys running and stopping near her. She gulped and shrunk.
“Where the hell did she go?!” She heard a man shout.
“I don’t know. Let’s split ways and search. Don’t leave any alley and shops.” Another man said.
There were three, she guessed. She heard the sound of the bell as one of them entered the convenience store. She slowly got up and walked to the front to escape unnoticed while the guy was still in the store. She peered into the store and left the place making sure the man was not looking before running in the direction she had came from.
Fortunately, she ran into Luhan.
“Luhan!” Hyoyeon hollered out of joy of running into him and ran into his arms hugging him with all her might.
Sensing that the girl was shaking out of fear, Luhan embraced her in his arms and patted her head. “It’s okay. I’m here. Tell me what happened.”
Hyoyeon let go of the hug and looked up at him. “There was this group of guys who used to pester me for days. One of them made a vulgar comment at me while I was about to go to my dance class and I swore at him. They got angry and started chasing me.” She grabbed a fistful of his checkered shirt. “I’m afraid, Luhan.”
Luhan saw a small tear escape from the corner of her eyes. He wiped them away and held her face. “It’s okay. I’m here right now and no one will lay a finger on you when I’m alive.” He smiled reassuring her.
Breaking their perfect moment, one of the guys’ spotted them and called the rest of his friends and soon the three were standing in front of them.
“Hyo” He whispered to the trembling girl while glaring at the men in front of him “Stand aside with your eyes closed and don’t open them until I tell you.” Hyoyeon nodded and stumbled to the side. She saw the guys approaching Luhan and one of them swung his fist at Luhan and the guy ducked down immediately. Afraid to see Luhan get hurt, Hyoyeon closed her as she was told and crouched down covering her ears.
A few minutes passed when she felt wet hands on top of her hands that were covering her ears. She flinched thinking it may be one of the guys but Luhan’s sound calmed her.
“It’s me.” He said and pried her hands away from her ears.
Opening her eyes, Hyoyeon saw that Luhan’s hands were wet because they were bleeding.
“Oh my god, you’re bleeding!” She screeched and took hold of his hands to examine them.
“It’s nothing.” He smiled. She looked up and saw some bruises on his face and his lip was bleeding.
“It is not n

Please log in to read the full chapter