The night they snuck out

Getting Revenge on my Ex!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happy 10,000+ views ^.^

 

The coach blew the whistle signaling the end of the practice session. The tired football team members huddled around the coach as he gave quick feedbacks and updates. It was Hyoyeon’s turn to stay back and clean up the ground. She started picking up the balls one by one that was when she noticed that she was not alone in the field. Luhan had stayed back to practice. She stopped what she was doing and stood watching him practice dribbling. He was sweating since they were practicing for a long time non-stop but he didn’t let the tiredness get him and continued.

Watching Luhan from far, Hyoyeon felt that she was looking at a completely different person. For a moment, she forgot the Luhan who broke her heart and admired the hardworking dedicated one in front of her. When that moment was gone, she remembered the arrogant playboy she was acquainted to.

The ball hit the net and fell on the ground snapping Hyoyeon out of her thoughts. Luhan paused to take a breather.

“Sunbae, why are you still practicing?” She walked up to him.

Luhan stood up from his kneeled position. “There is a game coming next week. I’m practicing for that.”

“But the practice session is over.”

“I know.” He smiled. “I need to practice more in order to beat our opponents for that game. They were the runner ups in the last tournament.”

Hyoyeon nodded. “You needn’t overwork yourself. Don’t take the entire burden by yourself. You can rely on us, your teammates.”

 

Luhan raked his fingers through his brown hair frustrated.

“What happened? You don’t seem well.” Hyoyeon gave him a look of concern.

He turned around facing her. “Nothing.” He forced a smile.

Hyoyeon sighed and shook her head. “I know it is nothing. Luhan, if there is anything bothering you, tell me. You know you can rely on me right?” She smiled.

Those words eased his mind and thoughts. Feeling fine already, Luhan gave her a sincere smile. “I feel okay now.”

 

“Are you okay Sunbae?”

Luhan looked up. He realized that he had unconsciously slipped into one of his moments with Hyoyeon. “Ah..Ye..yeah.” He smiled. “I feel fine.” He looked behind her. “How about I help you?” He went to pick up the ball with which he was practicing.

“I thought you were practicing.”

“I think it is enough for today.” He replied while picking up the ball.

The two soon picked up all the objects and kept them back in the storage room.

“I’ll be leaving then. Thank you for the help, sunbae.” Hyoyeon bowed and was about to turn back when Luhan called out to her. “How about we take shower together?”

“What?” Her eyes turned round.

Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed. “Well, we both need to take shower.”

Hyoyeon suddenly remembered. She is actually a he and guys do take shower together, not together as in the same shower stall but in different stalls with transparent curtains. OMG Hyoyeon! He can’t see you ! Not even your upper body! “Umm..”Think of a stupid excuse you idiot! Her mind shouted at her. “I..”

“You?” Luhan raised a lone brow at her.

“I don’t shower with other people.”

“Why?”

“I..I..” Say something! “I’m insecure about my size!” She blurted out.

“Oh” Luhan paused for a moment and then nodded his head. “I understand.”

Hyoyeon nodded along while swearing at herself. “If it makes you feel any better” Hyoyeon looked up at Luhan as he spoke “size doesn’t matter much.” He was only trying to make his fellow teammate feel at ease but it only made things awkward for Hyoyeon.

The two parted ways. Hyoyeon entered her room hitting her head repeatedly murmuring curses at herself.

“I told you he is a psycho.” Chen said while looking at Hyoyeon who was hitting her head. She glared at him and the guy just ignored it.

Lay smiled at the scene. “Speaking about weird, don’t you think Kai is being weird these days?”

“Not that I care but yes, I’ve been hearing really weird rumors about him.” Chen replied as Hyoyeon silently picked out fresh clothes to wear after showering.

 

Chen shared the juicy gossip with his friend as Hyoyeon’s thought wandered aimlessly around in the jungle that is her mind. Kai’s name triggered the memories of the previous night in her mind and she realized she had something big to deal with. She slid her handphone into the pockets of her jacket and left the room inconspicuously.

“Kai what?!”

Sooyoung shouted over the phone and Hyoyeon flinched instinctively. Hyoyeon could guess that her tall friend probably regretted shouting like that when in their dorm. Being the loud ones, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung always got scolded for making noise. Things were pretty strict in their dorm.

Hyoyeon sighed. “I didn’t understand at first. It was all too vague but he repeated himself. He said he liked me, loud and clear that I was sure I wasn’t hearing things.”

When Kai confessed to her, hundreds of questions rushed into her mind instantaneously and a wave of emotions hit her. Before she could regain her composure another wave of emotions hit her as he repeated himself, probably seeing no reaction from her.

“I know it seems rushed to you but I’ve been wanting to say this to you for quite a while now. I don’t want to wait around and lose my chance, even if it is a small one.”

How could he say that with such a calm and serious face was all Hyoyeon could think. Here her heart was taking tumbles and flips like it was participating in a gymnastics competition and there he was standing right in front of her, seemingly calm and composed, confessing to her.

When a twig cracked in distance, the sound of which startled the two of them, Hyoyeon thanked heavens. She used that moment to excuse herself freeing herself from his grip, saying that she would be in deep trouble if she gets caught by the warden or any of the staff. He stayed silent as he watched her scrabble off into the dark path that led to her dorm.

“You left him hanging?!”

Sooyoung yelled at the other end. Hyoyeon flinched keeping the electronic device at a safe distance from her ear. Didn’t her friend know better than to repeat the mistake she did only a minute ago? It seemed Sooyoung didn’t care about the consequences as she continued unreasonably (for Hyoyeon) yelling at her.

You seriously left him just like that?! I can’t believe you did that!”

Hyoyeon frowned. “Was it wrong of me to do so?”

“Don’t tell me you have no idea what you did?! What you did was disrespecting his feelings Hyo! You’ll understand how humiliating it is when someone does that to you!”

“Well,” she scratched her scalp through her wig “I didn't have to confess to anyone till now. Have anyone done that to you Soo?”

“Oh” Hyoyeon heard Sooyoung scoff “I would’ve kneed him if anyone even dared to pull that stunt on me.”

“I already feel bad for the guy you will be dating in the future.” Hyoyeon said in a monotonous voice.

“Yah!”

Hyoyeon chuckled and Sooyoung calmed down hearing her friend.

“Yah” Sooyoung called, in a calm voice this time “You better sort this out as soon as possible. Don’t disrespect his feelings and it is Kim freaking Jongin who confessed! Hyoyeon, do you hear? KIM! JONG! IN!”

Hyoyeon smiled seeing that Sooyoung is back into her fangirl mode.

“I know Soo but I’m not sure how sincere he is about his confession. Even if he is, I don’t have such feelings for him.”

“Don’t tell me you’re going to reject him.” Hyoyeon could imagine Sooyoung pouting on the other line. “How come all the hot guys are after you! I’m jealous!”

“Who else likes me?!” Hyoyeon laughed.

“Luhan!” The reply came almost instantly.

“Yeah right!” She snorted. “We both know how sincere he was.”

Momentary silence followed after which Sooyoung spoke.

“I think you should leave the past behind and give the present a try. Not all guys are like Luhan.” Sooyoung’s voice was soft and calm, showed how sincerely the girl felt for her best friend. "I’m not saying about Kai in particular. I don’t know him to defend him. You matter to me, not him.”  Sooyoung made a pause. “Think about it.”

Hyoyeon nodded and after re

Please log in to read the full chapter