Chapter 9

★ Enchanted ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Halloween Dance (I)

3rd P.O.V:

      The petite girl tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for the boy to talk. "I-I wanted to a-ask you.." She stared at the boy with dead, and cold eyes. "..what are you going as in The Halloween Dance?" the boy breathlessly asked. Taeyeon squinted her eyes and clenched her jaws at him. Her patience with him had gone over its limit since the very first day. 

        "To be frank with you, it's none of your business." Taeyeon said and turned back the other way again. "Wait! Why are you so mad at me?! What did I do wrong now?!" Luhan shouted, running to her and immediately blocking her way. "You're blocking my way." she said; taking one step to the left. 

        "That's kind of the point." Luhan retorted and blocked her every move. "Well then move over!" Taeyeon shouted, trying to push him away but he still didn't budge. "I asked a question earlier; are you planning to answer it or not?" 

         "No. Now move." Taeyeon commanded and tried pushing him away again. "Come with me." Luhan said before pulling her away with him. "Yah! I still have work to do!" she screamed hitting him with all her might. "Let go!"

         Arriving in a park nearby; Luhan instantly dragged Taeyeon onto one of the benches there. "Sit. Stay still." he ordered. Taeyeon puffed her cheeks out in annoyance. "I'm not a dog. You should know that, or are you too busy being such a sass that you didn't even notice?" Taeyeon spat. 

        "So that's what you're mad about. You could've just told me." he said as innocently as possible, and grabbed two juice boxes from his bag. "Here." he handed her one. Taeyeon looked at him weirdly, and stared at the juice box that she was now holding. "This doesn't have poison in it; right?"

         "No, and why would I even give you a poison drink? And about the 'being such a sass' thing, you could've just told me that you were mad about it." Luhan told her. "And what exactly should I tell you?" Taeyeon opened the juice box and started to sip it. 

         "You could've told me that you wanted to hear an apology instead of avoiding me the whole day and start flirting with Baekhyun." Luhan muttered, also sipping the juice box.

         "Hi there kids, I would love to let you all stay here, but with no guardians at all; I'm afraid I'll have to meet your parents." A man walked to them and told them. 

           "Oh; you think we're- no, no, no. We aren't 'kids'. We're in high school already." Taeyeon defended. The two of them looked like elementary kids, that's for sure; with their juice boxes and baby face, everything seemed right about them being 'kids'. "Then, may I take a look at your I.D.?" The man asked. 

            "Sure; here." Taeyeon handed hers. The man looked at Luhan. "Also me?!" he asked loudly. He nodded as a response. Luhan muttered some incoherent words before handing the man his I.D.; also mumbling something about looking 'manly' and such. 

             "Alright then. I'm very sorry for the mistake! Have fun on your date, you youngsters!" The man messed up their hair before going off to who- knows- where. "Wha- We aren't on a date!" Taeyeon shrieked and looked back at Luhan; making a disgusted face when she met his eyes. 

             "Back to the point; as I said you could've just told me." Luhan repeated. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, "Talking with you was a huge mistake. First, you'll apologize for the wrong doing that you did then the next thing you know; you're walking out the door, leaving me speechless there with you're rude act. Then, you come around the next day; telling me that I should've told you your own mistake instead of 'flirting' with Baekhyun; you know, you should get a psychologist for your sudden mood swings, that everybody's bothered with especially your members. In fact; I don-"

               Before Taeyeon could finish, she felt something damp touch her left cheek. "It isn't even." Luhan said, moving to the other side of Taeyeon and planting a soft kiss on her cheek. "Now its even." he said and smiled. "Taeyeon ah, you okay?" he asked as he moved in front of  her because she wasn't answering at all. 

              Luhan noticed her slightly wet eyes. "Taeyeon?" he asked again, shaking her shoulders. 

              Flashbacks of that incident went through Taeyeon's mind as Luhan shook her. "Get away from me." she whispered. "Huh? Taeyeon; are you okay?" Luhan questioned, now on the level of her face.

             "Get. Away. From. Me." she said with clenched teeth and pushed Luhan away, making him land on the cold hard ground. She ran away quickly with her tears falling down ever so slowly, which Luhan did not miss at all. "Taeyeon!" He shouted as he ran after her. 

~~~~~

          Taeyeon ran directly to her house and shut the door immediately. She buried her face in her arms, quietly sobbing. "Taeyeon? Are you okay?" A familiar, yet unfamiliar voice said. "Why are you here?" she asked as she raised her head to meet the man. "Taeyeon; I came to check on you. Are you okay now?"

             "I'm fine, no thanks to you. You left me. You left me for two years and took Hayeon with you; when we were still children, you told me that even if the world's falling apart; you two would still be by my side. But I guess, that I was wrong. Just this one simple phobia; you told me that you were disgusted by me and that you were fed up with my attitude. Then, why are you here again?" Taeyeon questioned, her tears flowing down. 

              "I-I came to take you back with me to New York." he said and walked closer to her. "For what? I'm just a burden to you and Hayeon, am I correct? You said that yourself!" Taeyeon shouted, swatting his hands that were trying to reach out to her. "Taeyeon, I'm really sorry; I-I had no brain and I was saying stuff that I shouldn't have said."

              "Give me one good reason why I should even talk with you." Taeyeon commanded coldly. "B-Because you're my sister. I-I knew that I was wrong with my actions, especially calling you with those words; that at that time, I didn't even know the meaning. I'm really sorry." he apologized. 

               Taeyeon softened her face and was about to talk but the door suddenly bursted open, pushing Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter