Chapter 10

★ Enchanted ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Halloween Dance (II)

3rd P.O.V:

       The Kim's residence was a total mess. Girls were running here and there, searching for accesories and so much more. "Where's my wings?!" Tiffany shrieked, panting from all the running that she did. "Under the table." Taeyeon replied cooly, she was the only one not running around. Sitting on the couch, browsing her phone; she pointed to where the girls' things were. 

       "Your makeup's running." Taeyeon commented towards Hyoyeon's face. "WHAT?!" she quickly ran towards a mirror and started fixing her makeup. "Taeyeon! Look what I found!" Jessica screamed upstairs. "If it's another rubber chicken, I swear I'm going to kill you!" Taeyeon said and went upstairs. 

       "Taeyeon, look; isn't this your mother's tiara? This will complete your outfit." Jessica remarked, placing the glittering tiara on Taeyeon's head. "Perfect." she said. Taeyeon felt heavy all of a sudden. "I-I don't think I'm deserving to wear this." Taeyeon said, taking the tiara off her head. 

        "Why not?" Jessica asked, looking into her best friend's eyes. "My mother was an honorable woman. And I; I just stayed here for the past two years, crying and I've done nothing but burden others compared with what she had done. I-I don't deserve this at all." Taeyeon told her, tears forming once again in her eyes. 

         "Who said that you don't deserve this? Yes, your mother was honorable, but you can be just like her. You stayed here for two years, but you finally stood up for yourself and tried overcoming your phobia. That's what most people can't do, you're much more stronger than what yout think, Kim Taeyeon. And no, you've never been a burden to the girls and I, in fact you're more of a gift to us, in so many ways. Now, we can stay here and I'll continue my speech, or we can go down, go to that dance, and dance our asses off. Pick." Jessica smiled at her, and placed the tiara once more on her head.

           "Thank you, Sica." Taeyeon said as she hugged her. "Awee! Group hug!" Tiffany interrupted the two; joining them, as well as the other girls. The doorbell rung, as the girls were still in the midst of their group hug. "Let's go get it together!" Sooyoung squeeled. The girls moved in perfect coordination, taking once step at the left and one step to the right.

           "This is getting ridiculous!" Yuri pointed out, but still went with them anyway. They arrived at the door, still in their group hug. "It's our dates!" Hyoyeon said, taking a look at the peep hole and breaking the group hug. "Yah! My dress!" Sunny shouted, fixing the creases immediately. "I'm going to open the door!" Yoona announced. 

            Once the door opened, all of them stood up as straight as they could. Jessica let out a small giggle, that she thought was cute. Taeyeon snorted at the girls' sudden actions, earning a few glares from them. "Shall we go, my Tinkerbell?" A boy said; offering his hand to Tiffany. Taeyeon held her laugh in. Cheesy much? she thought in her head. "We shall, my Peter Pan." Tiffany answered. 

             Taeyeon let out a small laugh, and just went outside to let out her laughter. She came back after a minute to find the other girls waiting for her in a limousine. "Come on!" Sooyoung invited.

~~~~~

           The girls soon arrived at the venue of the dance. "Please take a mask before entering." A girl at the entrance said, handing them one mask each. "A masquerade dance? That's new." Yoona mentioned.

              The seventeen of them entered the dance. Some of the students (or not) were dancing, some were drinking punch, and some were just making out. Taeyeon looked at them in disgust. Can't they just do this in private? she thought and looked around for a quiet place where she could spend the whole night in.  

              She turned back to her sisters, finding them gone with their dates. "I guess it's just me." Taeyeon muttered, pushing throught the sweaty, dancing crowd. 

              "ALRIGHT STUDENTS!" The lady on the stage screamed with so much energy, that it made Taeyeon cover her ears. "Now, all of you are probably wondering; why do we have masks this year?" she continued. "Well, here's something new. Some students here are very, very shy when it comes to doing this and that. Now, each student will come up the stage, and do something they've never done before, may it be perform or just recite something. When midnight comes, everyone will take off their masks. That means that everyody will finally be able to see what kind of talent each individual have. Now are you ready?!" she screamed. 

              Everyone started waving their arms around and screaming wildly. Taeyeon covered her ears as the crowd went berserk. "That's the most stupid idea I've ever heard." Taeyeon muttered and started pushing her way through the crowd again. Girls started to scream here and there. "I'm guessing the royal highness' are here." she said to herself, and finally left the crowd.

              Taeyeon arrived in a maze garden at the back of the venue. Streamers were here and there, the music also reached where she was. Some people or students were also here, dancing and laughing. She started going through the maze, hoping to find something that she could sit on. She finally found a gazebo, and rested there. 

               She closed her eyes trying to find peace from the booming music that was playing. "Hey." a small voice greeted. Taeyeon sighed as she opened her eyes once again realizing that whatever she does; she'll never find peace in this place. "Hi." she greeted back, sitting straight.

               "Sick dance, huh?" the person asked. Taeyeon scanned him; his hair was a mix of blonde, black, and brown. Hair dye. she thought. "If by sick you mean, awesome; then no. But if you mean sick, as in disgusting and prepostorous; then yes." Taeyeon answered. The boy let out a small chuckle, "You don't like dances?" 

                "I don't like it; I hate it." she replied with so much venom in her words. "Then maybe I can change that." he stated. Taeyeon made a confused look on her face before finally managing to say something, "Huh?"

                The boy stood up and offered his hand like what's- his- name did with Tiffany. She felt something stir up her stomach; it was like something was fluttering in it. "May I have this dance?" the boy questioned. Taeyeon held her stomach and stared at his hand intently. "But the music stopped already." she answered, looking around for other people. They seemed to be isolated, from the dance. 

                "Who said there's no music?" he clapped his hands, and there stood three violinists. He nodded and they started to play some classical song. "Now, may I have this dance?" he asked once more.

                Taeyeon looked at him with a puzzled look before finally accepting his hand. Swaying side by side, the two of them slowly danced their worries away. Taeyeon felt her stomach fluttering again. "Who are you?" she questioned; she never felt like this, and she always thought that she never would. 

                 "You'll find out soon." he answered before kissing her head gently. Taeyeon looked at him in the eyes, trying to read what he was hiding. He started humming to the sound of the violins, Taeyeon automatically rests her head on his shoulder; finally finding peace and quiet. She drifted off to a small nap still on his shoulder.

~~~~~

                 The boy looked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter