Chapter 18

★ Enchanted ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forever and Always  

3rd P.O.V:

  "Hey Taeng."

    Taeyeon her breath in as she heard the voice. "You okay?" he asked in a concerned voice. Taeyeon nodded hastily; "I'm fine Xiao Lu." she stated. She listened intently to her surroundings; Luhan's calm breathing, the birds chirping above them, and the slight whistling of the wind seemed to calm her down.

    She didn't dare the girls anything; she hadn't talked to them for days now. She wouldn't be surprised if they found another girl that could replace her. Anyways; they probably thought she was a for 'snobbing' them.

   "Just lean on me when you need to." Luhan stated.

   Taeyeon once again nodded. Her nails dug into her skin. Her palms were clammy; scratch that, it was more than clammy. Luhan sensed the girl's aura. Finally making his decision; he gently placed Taeyeon's head on his shoulder; "Sleep." he ordered.

   She closed her eyes; obeying Luhan for once. The only person who knows about her problems were Luhan; only him. Ever since then; he hasn't left her side at all. "Hyung?"

   Luhan looked up, meeting the younger one's eyes. He seemed to have a scowl painted on his face while he looked at he and Taeyeon. "What're you doing here? With her?" he added, his voice turning one decibel higher.

   He shrugged in reponse. He didn't know whether it was sympathy, pity, or he was just plain concerned with the girl. But somehow he felt obligated to protect her; to monitor her. "Shouldn't I be the one asking that?"

   The boy rolled his eyes; taking a seat beside the sleeping Taeyeon. "It ain't nice to roll your eyes at your hyung; Baekhyun." Luhan scoffed. "I'm guessing you heard the news?" he added.

   "What news?"

    Luhan's eyebrows immediately as Baekhyun mentioned that. 'Why wouldn't Taeyeon tell him? Wasn't he one of her 'best' friends?' he asked himself. Confusion spread in his mind; does she trust him more than Baekhyun? Or is she not ready to tell him yet?

    He took a glimpse at the girl. She appeared to calm down as she was on his shoulder. "Taeyeon. She received a phone call a few days ago. I think she's going to go back to New York." Luhan confessed; his eyes glued to the clear blue sky. The younger's eyes broadened; "Say that again." he demanded, his voice loud and firm.

    Luhan sighed; "Taeyeon. She's going back."

    "Did she say it?"

    "No..."

    "Then-"

    "Something's wrong with her family." Luhan cut him off. "Her sister's in a critical condition right now. There's just no way that she won't go back. Family always come first before friends." 

    "It's the first time I heard you say something wise for once." Baekhyun muttered; trying to change the subject. "She has three days left." Luhan continued; ignoring Baekhyun's comment. 

     "You have a packet on you?" Baekhyun reached his hand out. 

     "No. I quit smoking last month." Luhan replied, smiling at him. "Plus, you've never even tried it before. What caused the change of heart?" he questioned; his smile quickly turning into an evil smirk. "Three days left huh? Better make the best of it." Baekhyun said. 

 

     "I smell blueberries." Sooyoung said; lifting her armpits. "That's gross, unnie." Seohyun claimed, shaking her head at Sooyoung. "Not like I have anything to do anyway." the older answered, standing up. 

     "Have you guys seen Taeyeon anywhere?" Yuri suddenly asked, spreading her legs on the floor; stretching. The girls shrugged. "Come to think of it; I haven't seen her or heard anything from her these past few days." Sunny answered.

     "Anybody know her whereabouts?" Tiffany questioned; grabbing her phone, dialling Taeyeon's number rapidly. "Nope." Yoona said.

     "Is she mad at us?"

     "Impossible."

     "Then why isn't she picking up?" Tiffany whined, dialling her number once again. 

    "Come on, let's just go to her house." Jessica stated, finding the calling idea stupid.

     Gathering their things; they rushed to her house to find a peculiar car parked in front of it. "Whose this?" Hyoyeon asked, kicking the wheels of the silver sports car. "That.." a boy tapped her from behind; "..would be mine."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter