Chapter 12

★ Enchanted ★
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cursed Christmas

3rd P.O.V:

        The month of December. Everybody had been looking forward to it; the giddy feeling of the wind blowing against your face, the pure white snow that everyone loves to make snow angels in, and who could forget the spirit of Christmas? 

        Holding a little star or a statue and placing it at the very top of the Christmas tree, the stockings hung at the fireplace; hoping that Santa this year will put you on the 'nice list' for his special gifts, and of course; the carolers knocking on doors and singing some songs that would just make you feel special that day. 

        Well; who wouldn't enjoy the month of December? Breaking free from all the stress in work and school, spending time with your relatives and family that would always welcome you in every way that they can, and so much more! 

        Anybody who would think December is such a stupid month would be a nutjob, right? 

       It was an oddly cold night for her; though she was all covered up with three layers of clothing, inside she still felt cold and empty. She sat down on the now snow-covered grass, placing some white roses on what looks like two tombstones. She was in a cemetery, in December. "I miss you.. mom and dad." she whispered, brushing off the snow covering the tombstone. 

        She remembered what happened like it was just yesterday. "W-Why did you have to leave us?" she asks, sobbing to her heart's content. "I-I'm doing my best.." she hiccuped before continuing, "..to b-become normal again." The warmth of her tears comforted her cold heart. 

        "I-I'll do m-my b-best to-to make you pr-proud." she stammered, unable to control her tears that was now dripping down her chin. Wiping it away, Taeyeon proceeded with the hand-written letter to her parents; "Umma and Appa, I- I'll be more p-persistent on my pro-promise to you. I won't give up." she stated, wiping the fresh tears that fell down on her pale skin.

         The tombstones were next to each other, only having a small, tiny gap between them. "I love you.. I'll come back as soon as possible." she said once more before taking out another bouquet of flowers and kissing the pure red roses and placing it and the card between them. "He-Here's something to make you warm.." she  spoke quietly and placed a small lavender candle. "Merry Christmas.." she greeted before taking her leave.

 

          She walked on the busy pavement, her heels clicking on the ground. Friends and relatives greeted each other as if they've never seen each other for a thousand years. She stared at them with envy in her eyes. It seemed as if everything related to December made her puke and just want to jump off a cliff. Everybody who passed by her looked at her with a weird look.

          "Umma, look! It's a witch!" a kid shouted pointing at her. She felt insecure, and removed her black hat that she was wearing. The mother of the child immediately covered his mouth, scolding him about 'bad manners' and such.

           The crowd seemed to grow as she went deeper. She clutched her handbag harder, trying to ignore the looks and the stares that people gave her. Well, you can't actually blame them; wearing black on the day of Christmas was not the best idea, considering that it was the time to celebrate and all that. 

           "Taeyeon?" a voice called. She hadn't contacted or met any of her sisters this special month; they knew that December was Taeyeon's 'alone' month, as they call it. And that meant no calling, texting, or even greeting when they bump into each other. Taeyeon made all her rules clear the last year as Jessica tried to pull her into going to one of those cheesy Christmas Party.

           She turned around, glancing fiercely at every person who might've called her. "Taeyeon!" that husky voice called once again. Her gaze softened as her eyes met the familiar dirty-blonde haired boy. "Baekhyun?" she whispered. She walked backwards, stumbling upon some cracks on the pavement; before turning around and fastening her pace on walking.

           "Taeyeon!" he called once again. It's not like she hates him or anything, but rather; she wouldn't want him to see her like this- with her makeup smudged and her whole clothing was just messed up. Please don't make this harder. she thought , taking a sharp turn around the corner into an alley; only to be greeted by  three drunkards who had nothing to do but drink their way through this month. 

           "Eyyy.. beautiful! Wan' play with usss?" one of the drunkards slurred, raising his eyebrows and his lips. "B*tch please; even the lowest specie would never, and I mean never even land their eyes on you." Taeyeon remarked bravely, taking a huge step for herself. 

            "Feisty! I like it!" the man hooted, "Let's go ha' sum fun!" he continued, eating his own words because of his drunk state. "Boys; go get her." the man pointed and slowly inched towards the poor girl. Taeyeon turned around, trying to get back on the busy sidewalk; where she can actually get these men arrested. 

           "Nope, not today." a man- a member of the drunkards; Taeyeon guessed- said and blocked her way with his huge arms that could already be a size of one pig. "Slow down there fellas; maybe we can talk this through over dinner?" Taeyeon asked, glancing every once in a while on both sides. "Awee.. wittle girlie's scared, ain't she?" the drunkard continued.

           "Hey! Leave my friend alone!" a boy interrupted them. "Wha- whose that? Your 'knight in shining armor'?" the man laughed. "Looks like Cinderella here got her hair cut!" he mocked him. 

          Taeyeon took a chance to hit him right there, square in the balls. "Hey!" the huge man rushed towards her; being the shorty that she is, she slid between his legs making an escape for herself. "Let's go!" she pulled his hand, running as fast as she can. 

          "Wh- When did y-you lea-learn to r-run fast?!" he panted once he and Taeyeon had stopped running. "I thought you would have better stamina than I do. Plus; it's cold so why are you sweating pails and buckets right now?" she asked, swiping his forehead with a handkerchief.

          "Why are you wearing all black?"

          "Why are you asking?"

           "Why do you have to know?"

           "Why.. ugh, whatever." Taeyeon flipped her hand, losing the 'Why' contest that they just had now. "I'm planning to dye my hair into a color of pink." Baekhyun suddenly said. 

           "That's out of the blue, why pink? I like this one better anyway." Taeyeon admitted, fixing his hair. "You like this hair color?" Baekhyun asked, looking into her eyes. "Yup, I like it; it actually looks better on you for some reason."

           That statement made Baekhyun really happy for some reason. "Thanks.." he smiled, scratching his head as they were now in an awkward situation. "So.. why are you wearing black this special day?" he questioned walking towards a lighted blossom tree. 

           "I don't actually know... trying to be unique I guess?" she lied, walking slowly and keeping her eyes on the floor. "To be very honest with you; I don't think this style suits you at all. And you even dyed your hair black! You look much more like a hug-me stuff toy than a mourn-with- me; you know what I'm saying?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter