Chapter 17: Back to The Farplane

Eclipse of The Twilight Moon

Hoya slammed the book shut and threw it across the room. “I, I can’t. I can’t do it right now. I, I need Seo In.” he said, his voice quivering. “I need Seo In.” tears began to stream down his face. “Seo In,” he cried, his voice barely a whisper. Leo crouched down and put his arm around him.

“Let’s go. Take the book. Maybe if you have someone like Minho or Kris look at it first, it’ll be better.” Hoya sniffled and wiped his tears.

“M-maybe.” Leo helped him to his feet.

“Let’s get out of here. This town gives me the creeps.” He said, a small shiver traveling up his spine. They headed back down the stairs, but not before Leo could run and grab the book. He made sure everything was intact. He knew how important this was to Hoya, and wanted everything together.

*****

Back at the clearing, an angry Onew stood against a tree. “Where the hell were you two?” he asked, coming forward. “We’ve been looking for you for almost two hou-hou- Hoya what happened?” he asked, looking at his injured ankle. He looked at Leo, and saw the book. “You went back?”

“It was my idea,” Leo piped up. Hoya was about to say something, but he squeezed the back of Hoya’s arm to keep him quiet. “I suggested we look there for clues, seeing as how Heejun was with the Undertaker, maybe he left something behind. We found this, its Heejun’s diary.” Onew’s face contorted from concern back to anger.

“You know how dangerous it is, and you took him, while he was injured? What if you two had been caught by the townspeople? You could have been-” Leo scoffed. Onew’s face became serious. A sharp pain almost made Leo drop Hoya. Onew had struck him, and left a large handprint on his left cheek. “Don’t you dare, treat me like that. I am your mother and you will respect me.”

“I wasn’t doing it out of spite. There are no people. Heejun controlled life-size voodoo dolls. He made the people.” Onew’s jaw dropped, and he looked from Leo to Hoya.

“Is that true?” he asked. Hoya nodded. Onew’s eyes were wide with horror.

“We need to get it to Minho. I trust that he won’t run to my parents immediately.” Onew nodded.

“Quick, before anyone sees, bring him to the village.” Leo nodded, and followed Onew across the bridge and into Lycan territory.

*****

Onew and Leo brought Hoya into Minho’s hut. He had been busy with Key, taking care of Seo In. Key gave Hoya a sideways glance before Minho slapped him in the arm.

“What are you doing here?” Minho asked. Not waiting for an answer, he continued, “You look awful,” he looked over at Leo. “What happened?” he asked.

“I was sneaking out, and I hurt myself trying to get out of the cave.” Hoya sheepishly admitted.

“Phht, amateur.” Key scoffed under his breath.

“Shut up Key, it’s not a contest.” Minho looked back at him. “What are you guys doing here?” he asked.

“Besides trying not to get caught by my clan?” Hoya asked sarcastically, flashing a cheesy smile at Minho. “We found something at my- I mean, Heejun’s house. I wanted you to take a look at it.” Leo handed him the diary. Minho gave it a quick look over. He looked over at Hoya.

“Not unless you do something for me.” He said. Hoya cocked his head.

“And what would that be?” he asked. Minho looked over at Seo In. He was pale, and drenched in cold sweat. His lips were quivering, whispering incoherently.

“He hasn’t been the same since you left. Fix it. I don’t care how, just do it.” Hoya looked over at Seo In, and for the first time since they had met, hesitated. But in the end, he walked over, and lie down beside him.

“Seo In, it’s me. Will you let me in?” he asked, intertwining his fingers with Seo In’s. Seo In grasped his hand over Hoya’s tightly. So much so that his knuckles turned white. The room began to spin, and Hoya was swallowed by darkness.

*****

Hoya woke up, and nearly screamed as he saw Seo In bent over him. He put his hand to his heart, gasping in surprise. “Don’t do that, Seo In, you scared me.”

“I was scared that I’d never see you again,” he said. Hoya looked up at him. Worry was plastered on his face. He was pulled up off his feet; Seo In wrapped his arms around Hoya, nuzzling his neck. “I missed you so much. I can’t bear the thought of being without you. Sure, a few days here and there won’t hurt. As long as there’s the promise of seeing you smile at some point, I don’t care. But don’t ever leave me again, Hoya.” He pulled away and looked into his eyes.

“Don’t ever leave me again, ever.” Hoya looked at him with sad eyes. You know that we can’t be together when this is done.”

“Bull.” Hoya’s eyes widened at the surprise of Seo In cursing. “I don’t care what we have to do. I never want you to leave me again. I love you Hoya. We live for a long time, and I want to be with you for as long as we live. If we make it out of here, you’ll marry me, won’t you Hoya?”

END OF CHAPTER 17