Nocturnal

Getting Even

“I will decide when I will let you go, if I will ever, my . Jongin disappeared like a bubble the following day.

Kyungsoo lay awake alone in bed, covered in a warm fuzzy blanket up to his chin; he never put them on during the night but somehow he always end up wrapped in one the next day.

 

 

 

Today he wonders, did he unconsciously put them on himself or if the devil beside him did.

 

 

 

Not that Kyungsoo cares.

 

 

 

He definitely does not.

 

 

Days later.

 

 2nd Semester

 

 


 

Kyungsoo hates noise.

 

 

 

The constant crashing of various voices and ear-numbing sounds are destroying his canvas of silence.

 

 

 

Screeches, screams, laughter and giggles scraping and peeling off his snowy  background, streaks of jet black, neon red, discordant hues thrown in sync as an alibi for abstractness.

 

 

 

Why Kyungsoo is friends with a chatty Byun Baekhyun remains unanswered.

 

 

 

Why Kyungsoo lingers with a boisterous Park Chanyeol around is even a bigger mystery.

 

 

 

“You enjoy being bored don’t you Kyungsoo? You don’t have to if you just text  these guys. Come on you need to flirt once in a while,” Baekhyun wouldn’t stop pestering him, selling Kyungsoo out to his other friends.

 

 

 

“Flirt and me do not go in a sentence Baek.”

 

 

 

“It’s time to put them together. I’ll buy you the knife of letting go if you do. Please? Pretty pretty? “, Baekhyun pleads.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s ears perch up at the mention of said book.

 

 

 

“Really? Why are you so adamant in seeing me with someone anyway?”

 

 

 

“I want you to be happy. You’re always alone and lonely, aside from Chanyeol and I , you never hang out with anyone.  So is that a yes I see?”

 

 

 

It doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone, Kyungsoo wants to tell BaekHyun that but with Chanyeol around they’d probably sing together or worse force him into singing that Kelly Clarkson song with them.

 

People misinterpret his need for solitude, when he chooses to spend an afternoon alone rather that interact and be the social being that he should be.

 

Being pushed in the public is tiring for Kyungsoo, attention is fatal to him. 

 

He settles into saying “Fine”, instead. He is not fine with it, at all but he had bought so much book already he is broke, he needs Baek’s money to update his Dystopian book collection.

 

 

 

“Give me your phone,” Baekhyun punches in the numbers of the guys. “So this Suho guy has a fat wallet and Yixing , he is Chinese btw, has a fat , just text them both. I don’t know which way you swing.”

 

 

 

“How would you know their size Baek?” it is Chanyeol.

 

 

 

“Wow. At the mention of , Chanyeol decides to join the conversation. Hungry for one?” asks Baekhyun.

 

 

 

“Hungry for your inside my oral cavity Baek.”

 

 

 

“Maybe you should try with a inside your cavity”

 

 

 

“Done that, I’d rather be the one wearing the pants, my inside your tight walls”

 

 

 

“What? Don’t want to bottom again? Kris rammed his inside you too hard?”

 

 

 

“I though we’re past this. Tell Baekhyun that he can’t top! Kyungsoo!”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo falls into the couch, ignoring the giant.

 

 

 

Chanyeol hisses, he takes his phone from the coffee table and calls someone.

 

 

 

“Kai? Should I let Baek top?.... Thanks.” He asked like it is the most normal thing to ask over the phone. “See even Kai thinks you shouldn’t.”

 

 

 

“Kai is a jerk; he just left Kyungsoo when he felt like going home. I was rooting for him even. If he hadn’t left maybe I wouldn’t be scouting for a Kyungsoo lover”.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo   pushes himself up and shooting daggers at Baekhyun without saying a thing.

 

 

 

“What? You like him, don’t you? Two boys, one good, one bad. Kyungsoo what I cliché you are”.

 

 

 


 

Chanyeol hands his coffee a copy of the book “Bakit di ka crush ng crush mo “, to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo frowned when he saw the bribe of a book. It’s not that he disliked it, he wanted the second installment of the Chaos walking series. He cant just start reading a new book without finishing the previous one, there is no order in such. 

 

What can he expect from Chanyeol. He probably bought the first that caught his eyes.

 

Chanyeol convinced Kyungsoo to stay at his dorm for tonight so he could surprise Baekhyun in the latter’s own apartment. “Don’t worry, Kai isn’t there, he haven’t come home since the semester started. He is probably staying in some girl’s house or something”, Chanyeol reassured him before he left Kyungsoo standing in the café near their dorm. Kyungsoo was about to retort but the giant oaf has already sped off. Kyungsoo was halfway to Chanyeol’s dorm when the sky decided to shower him. He was drenched in the afternoon rain when he reached his destination.

 

The dorm was dead silent, just like what Kyungsoo wanted.

 

At the back of his mind he is praying that Jongin wouldn’t be there, he doesn’t need another unexpected encounter from the devil himself.

 

He places the coffee and his new book in the living room before rummaging for BaekHyun’s clothes that he must have left in Chanyeol’s. No luck, Chayeol is the one who frequently sleeps over, not the other way around. Deciding that the giant wouldn’t mind if he wears one of his over sized shirt, he sheds off his pants and shirt, leaving his boxers with owl prints in them on. He takes out a large hoodie from Chanyeol’s closet placing it in front of him as he checks his reflection in the mirror beside it.

 

 

 

“Almost in my room this time Kyungsoo?, Is this my back-to-school surprise? It’s a first from a guy but I’d take it since it’s from you.” It is Jongin looking into his reflection with the usual smirk that always wrecks Kyungsoo’s mental state.

 

 

 

He hugs Chanyeol’s hoodie to cover his body (and dignity).

 

 

 

“Chanyeol said that you won’t be here. I’ll just leave,” Kyungsoo couldn’t meet Jongin’s eyes , he looks down to his feet suddenly admiring how dusty the floor is compared to their own.

 

 

 

Jongin doesnt say anything, he went to his own closet and throws his own hoodie (similar to Chanyeol’s ) to Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

“That one is too big for you, take mine instead. Although, I wouldn’t mind if you go around here . Just stay, I’ll be out of here anyway “.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo just stands there, not knowing where to place himself as Jongin opens his closet again.

 

He finally turns around when the younger casually strips his clothes off in front of him ( he slightly saw his broad shoulders and torso). He put on the hoodie that Jongin gave him.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo steals a glance at Jongin to see if the latter is done changing but instead he catches something.

 

 

 

Something that he owned.

 

 

 

“Is that my boxer?”Kyungsoo asks pointing at the owl printed ones that Jongin is wearing.

 

 

 

“No mmmm maybe,” He laughs.  “Oh we are wearing the same. It is fate Do Kyungsoo.”

 

 

 

Not believing Jongin, Kyungsoo steps towards him, holds the waistband of Jongin’s boxers checking it’s inner side.

 

 

 

“See! It is mine. My initials are right here, I wrote them myself” he looks up to Jongin who is starring down at him. Their faces too close, noses almost touching. Kyungsoo gulps down, he could feel the warmth of Jongin’s breath.

 

 

 

Jongin could see his face mirrored against Kyungsoo’s wide round eyes.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s luscious lips waiting for his own to kiss, for his tongue to , to taste and for his pearly whites to bite.

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, just one breath away taunting him.  “It’s yours if you take them off................................... with mouth." 

 



A/N : 

Thank you for reading and Happy 2014 you !