Adherence

Getting Even

Oh Sehun is tantamount to a glue.

 

White and sticky, demands patience to be fully rid off.

 

Sehun is selectively attentive; catching his attention is like waiting for Hailey’s comet to appear. He chooses his target with much thought and when he finally does, he attaches himself to them, he becomes a permanent soul pasting himself to their side as if he’d been there before realization.

 

Like a glue, he will not let go just simply because words command him so.

 

Just like how he holds Kyungsoo’s wrist at the words Jongin uttered.

 

“Because Do Kyungsoo is mine.  Past. Present.  Future.”

 

He stares at Jongin who is boring holes to Kyungsoo’s wide eyes. He can see Kyungsoo looking back at Jongin, he doesn’t know if Kyungsoo is surprised or not. (With eyes like those, he’ll never know).

 

But he knows that Kyungsoo is looking at Jongin nothing like he looks at him, and it hurts Oh Sehun.

 

It hurts him because he genuinely likes Kyungsoo and he thought Kyungsoo feels the same.

 

Maybe it’s too early to tell if Kyungsoo likes him back, he was almost certain because why else would Kyungsoo put up with his second per second rambles and pick up lines if he didn’t?

 

Why does Kai need to enter the music and turn it into a noise? Ruining a potentially perfect relationship.

 

Isn’t Krystal the one who is involved with him? Why is he claiming Kyungsoo as his infinitely in all of a sudden?

 

Silence drowns them because Sehun can’t provide an answer to Kai’s statement, that is what it is, a statement defined by a period.

 

He doesn’t want to be yours, do you Hyung?” Sehun looks at Kyungsoo who lifts his eyes off Jongin, as if he doesn’t  know that he has been staring at him until he isn’t anymore.

 

Sehun is scared as .

 

It scares him because Sehun might be clingy, intentionally dependent to Kyungsoo but as he snuggle to his pillows at night he thinks back and realizes that he has bitten yet another chunk from his hyung’s head that is nowhere near from being whole.

 

Kyungsoo is the Devil’s kettle in Sehun’s world.

 

Kai is one thing he doesn’t want to discovered buried in Kyungsoo’s.

 

Oh Sehun refuses to acknowledge that the silence that Kyungsoo refuses to cover is a shy affirmation because damn it, he cannot handle that.

 

“Do I ?”, the answer is on the tip of Kyungsoo’s tongue.

 

Do Kyungsoo doesn’t answer.

 

He is gifted with words that he cannot utter.

 

BaekHyun and Chanyeol are standing by the door.

 

BaekHyun grins a sorry.

 

He sees Krystal in the corner of his eyes,

 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and says, “I don’t belong to anyone”.

 

Jongin deserves this.

 

That’s not yours to decide”, Jongin says before he went in line to a bubble tea. He does not even like it. He just needs something to distract his thoughts of rejection because it is eating him.

 

He believed BaekHyun when he said that Kyungsoo is waiting for him in  you ' s Bubble Tea. He should have known that it was just a trick.

 

But Kim Jongin is a fool when it comes to certain wide-eyed boy.

 

Do Kyungsoo doesn’t wait for him. Jongin does the waiting but he ignored that fact and ran there.

 

Kyungsoo laughing without a care is almost a paralyzing sight. He doesn’t know how long he’d been staring before Baekhyun gave him a light push. That’s when he noticed a polychromatic mess of locks that was too close to Kyungsoo’s black ones. No one is allowed to be within that close proximity to Kyungsoo. The owner of that head needed to know that. (and yes, the tugging of his heart strings were too dominant to ignore).

 

So he stormed there claiming what is rightfully his but he ends up being rejected.

 

He leaves the place with Chanyeol and BaekHyun. He takes one look at Kyungsoo’s table and sees Krystal there. It’s puzzling Jongin. Are they trying to gang up on him or something? If they were, it is working because Kim Jongin never felt so defeated.


Oh Sehun doesn’t falter, his infinite pick up lines transcends to a hurricane of questions. Questions after questions are being asked, Kyungsoo finds no dead air to provide his answers. Not that Kyungsoo wants to anyway, so he purses his lips.

 

He hates it.

 

Sehun interrogating the hell out of him, he hates questions.

 

He hates being forced to speak,   he hates having to justify himself.

 

Krystal finally settles to the seat beside Kyungsoo and a pang of guilt demands to be felt.

 

She decides to end Sehun rambles, “Don’t you get it Sehun? Kai and Kyungsoo have a thing which Kyungsoo obviously failed to inform us.”

Kyungsoo swallows hard.

 

A silence intervenes.

 

Sorry”, Kyungsoo mutters softly just enough for the other two to hear.

 

If you are, make up for it. Tear Kai’s heart apart. Make him suffer like he did to you and me”.

 

So basically, you are asking Kyungsoo to disconnect Kai’s arteries and veins, occlude his valves, cut through his ventricles and atria. Which will be impossible because according to you, Kai does not have a heart,” Sehun says.

 

News flash: He does have a heart, for Kyungsoo”, Krystal looks at Kyungsoo straight in the eye; he cannot deny that there is a tinge of anger in them. He cannot blame Krystal, he deserves that glare.

 

Kyungsoo thinks of what Jongin did to Krystal, he thinks of the tears he caused to him. Maybe if his grade school years weren’t that traumatic, he’d be different. A better kind of different.

 

Then he thinks of the way their lips met, how his warmth clung to every inch of his skin. He thinks of the self-speech he spoke of when Jongin thought that he was sleeping. He thinks of the possibility that Jongin isn’t the person he thought he was.


 

Kyungsoo takes hurried steps towards the Health Sciences building; he takes one quick peek at his ebony black wristwatch. He decreases his pace because he still have a few minutes to spare, he breathes through his nose, feeling the air rush through his airways, he holds his diaphragm still for a few seconds then he breathes out through pursed lips. He hears BaekHyun shout out him from behind, “relax we’re not yet late”.

 

Chanyeol walks beside him, hands clasping together. The giant doesn’t even have a class at seven AM yet there he is, all smiles, creepy and goofy at the same time.

 

Kyungsoo wonders how it feels to have a hand clasping his own. He wonders why is it necessary to hold hands in the first place, what if it’s sweaty or if it’s rough or if its too big. He wonders how the contrast of Jongin’s olive hands would look like intertwining with his pale ones.

 

Kyungsoo face palms, he did not just think about that, did he?

 

BaekHyun releases Chanyeol’s hand and marches towards Kyungsoo, “Im sorry but if I didn’t tell Jongin that you were waiting for him, you wouldn’t have witnessed him be seductively possessive.”

 

Kyungsoo eventually found out that BaekHyun purposely called Jongin over saying that Kyungsoo is waiting for him to appear. Kyungsoo wasn’t surprised but he was furious and the result was No Dinner for Byun BaekHyun last night.

 

Seductively possessive, you’re talking about me right Baek?”, ChanYeol pops out.

 

“Wow! At the mention of seductively possessive, you decided to join the conversation”.

 

“Talk about the Devil, and he shall appear Baek”.

 

“I hope you’re not talking about yourself. You’re not even seductive.”

 

“Those were the words you used to describe me in your sticky notes and blog”, Chanyeol teases, BaekHyun U-turns to look at him. Chanyeol panics at the look BaekHyun is giving him. He points a finger at Kyungsoo and blurts out, “Kyungsoo showed it to me”.

 

BaekHyun whines at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo thinks of puppies.

 

Baek, you don’t have to keep things from me, especially if it’s about the things you think about me. Although , I love the idea of your pretty fingers wrapped around a pen while you wrote those, I prefer it if you say it through your mouth so I can see it open and close.”

 

Park Chanyeol, P for ert has never been so accurate, Kyungsoo says to himself.


 

Sehun waits for Kyungsoo for lunch, he is  Pharmacy student and the Nursing wing is just at the other side of the building. BaekHyun hears about it so he immediately texts Chanyeol and Kai.

 

The five of them seats at a Ramyun shop, trying not to be awkward.

 

Sehun seats beside Kyungsoo. “Hyung, you’re making me Polyphagic”.

 

Kai must have entered the picture but that wouldn’t stop Sehun from being…Sehun. If Kai’s appearance did change anything, Sehun realized that he wouldn’t stop being a kidney. He will continually offer, donate himself to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s system can reject him all he wants but he knows that a kidney is what his hyung needs. Kai is just a dialysis machine, temporary and changeable. Sehun is Kyungsoo’s kidney.

 

Jongin hears the unfamiliar word and says, “What does that even mean?”

 

BaekHyun answers it for him “It means he is hungry for Kyungsoo”.

 

“You are not allowed to eat any part of Kyungsoo”.

 

“You are not allowed to either”.

 

“His lips are mine, hi nose, his big eyes, everything that is pasted in his head. I own him from head to toe, so yes I am allowed to eat him  any way I want to.

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo feels like he is being dissected. He remembers the animals that the witches slaughtered in the book Stardust.

 

Sehun and Jongin continues to fight over who knows more about Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo keeps his mouth shut, uncomfortable and wishing that the lunch would be over soon.

 

“Kyungsoo is really noisy in bed, I bet you didn’t know that rainbow head.”

 

All heads turn to Kyungsoo, anticipating what he has to say for himself.

 

“We didn’t have !”, Kyungsoo exclaims, now all heads in the shop turns to towards their table. He sinks to his seat.

Jongin laughs.

 

“I was talking about you snoring Kyungsoo, but you did have a wet dream about me during the retreat”, Jongin says.

 

“ off, I didn’t. I’m not even thinking about you. Let alone fantasize”, Kyungsoo says.

If Jongin is a damn building, he just collapsed.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung swears, I bet you didn’t know that. Maybe if you actually tried to talk to him rather than bully him, you might have known.”

 

“What are you talking about Sehun?” BaekHyun asks.

 

Sehun tells him about gradeschool.

 

“Shut up, you know nothing”, Jongin says.

 

“Well that is what Kyungsoo hyung told me and Krystal and I believe him.”

  “Even as a kid, your’e cruel Kai”, Chanyeol mutters.

 

Guilt attacks Jongin but what do they know. He cannot believe Kyungsoo told Sehun. He cannot believe that it is how Kyungsoo perceives him. He honestly didn’t have a clue. He looks at Kyungsoo who is just casually eating as if the topic isn’t entirely about him.  He wants Kyungsoo to care, he wants to know that he doesn’t feel that way now. Kyungsoo is being indifferent and Jongin hates it. He didn’t even think that it’s possible to hate Do Kyungsoo.

 

“I had a crush on him, he wouldn’t look at me. I had to try”.


 

Kyungsoo expected Chanyeol waiting by the covered path walk by the end of their class, he sees Chanyeol from sunrise to sun down that he is sick of his face. What he doesn’t expect is a certain Kim Jongin standing there waiting for him, Kyungsoo is nowhere near being sick of that face (and he is nowhere near at admitting that either). Kyungsoo is a mess of nasty perplexing emotions beyond comprehension. He wants to drop Jongin in a category, he had always put him in the horrible boxes but lately his name has found a way out of it.

 

Apparently they are all having dinner at  you diner , BaekHyun brands their meal together as a double date and cheerfully suggests a selca. Kyungsoo refuses but Jongin pulls him close, their face squishing together to fit BaekHyun’s phone.

 

Kyungsoo receives a text from Sehun.

 

From: Oh Sehun

But hyung I am your kidney!!!!

From: Do Kyungsoo

I have two kidneys, I would know if one of them is you.

From : Oh Sehun

You took a picture with Kai! Saw it on facebook.  He is just a dialysis machine hyung. You need a kidney.

 

Kyungsoo decides that he’ll deal with Sehun later.

 

Chanyeol’s booming laughter fills the diner along with Jongin and BaekHyun’s. Kyungsoo busies himself eating his Chicken Tonkatsu, Jongin picks from Kyungsoo’s plate once in a while just to annoy the latter. Kyungsoo sends him a glare, because no one touches his food, he could have ordered the same thing as Kyungsoo instead of that pork belly that he as long eaten. Unaware, Baekhyun snaps a picture at the two.

 

“Kai?”, it came from a honey haired boy who is just about to sit in a table beside theirs.

 

“Lulu! How long have you been back from China?”, Jongin leaves their table and sat beside “Lulu”.

 

Kyungsoo steals brief glances from Jongin’s table. Lulu catches him, and leans to Jongin as he whispers something to his ear. Jongin chuckles and says, “Why don’t we ask him.” They walk towards Kyungsoo’s table.

 

“This is Luhan. I met him at a summer camp. He is from Beijing”. Kai says.

 

Luhans smiles at everyone.

 

“Ni hao, I’m Chanyeol, you’re into soccer? That’s cool”

 

“I’m BaekHyun, call me Baek”, he chimes in.

 

Luhan turns to Kyungsoo, anticipating his introduction.

 

Kyungsoo,” he says.

 

“I’m Luhan, Jongin and I used to date. I’m guessing you’re his present?” he inquires.


A/N: Anneong chinggus! It's been a while. I wasnt able to update due to finals ( i was online reading on AFF though). I've been addicted to KaiSoo Het. Girl Kyungsoo is just too adorable!

Thank you for those who upvoted this story, i wasnt expecting it. 

I really miss EXO SHOWTIME :(

I cant wait for Kyungsoo's movie....eeeeeehheee