Simon-self

Getting Even

The instant Kyungsoo opens his eyes that morning; his face is pressed against  warm skin. 

 

 

 

Although he has questions on why something he thinks of, as chest is so close to his face. So close that he’s afraid that his face will be molded on it, he snuggles closer, loving the warmth and all.

 

 

 

 Maybe it is Baekhyun being all cuddly again, he does it a lot when he misses Chanyeol.

 

 

 

He doesn’t  bulge when the person beside him moves, he just groans when he was ridden of the warmth.

 

 

 

He remains static when he feels a gaze analyzing his face.

 

 

 

He ignores the breathing.

 

 

 

He ignores it when he feels a brush of soft lips on his forehead,

 

 

 

when the sensation disappears and ensue to his nose,

 

 

 

travelling to the corner of his lips,

 

 

 

moving to his jaw.

 

 

 

He opens his eyes when he feels a sensation on his neck.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let me get this straight, you were just kissing Kai back because you thought that it was a dream?”, Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows.

 

 

 

Baekhyun corners Kyungsoo the moment he appears in the mess hall.

 

 

 

“Your doubt in me is so transparent. It’s as simple as that Baekhyun, my life is not as tricky as your relationship with Chanyeol,” the shorter of the two replies back as he puts down his tray in their table.

 

 

 

“What? How is our relationship tricky? Don’t answer that. Yesterday Kai mentioned your name! I thought it was just a coincidence and it all clicks now. How’d you meet him? In a bookstore? But Chanyeol said that Kai only reads magazines, didn’t you Yeol? . And what did he mean that you kissed him first? Because you clearly said that he did while you were wet dreaming,” Baekhyun wouldn’t give it a rest, typical of him Kyungsoo thinks.

 

 

 

“Baek, lower your voice. Stop talking about wet dreams, ”it is Chanyeol.

 

 

 

“Wow Park Chanyeol decided to join the conversation at the mention of wet dreams.”

 

 

 

“Damn those wet dreams baek, why would I need that if I could just wake up and take you in 3D?”

 

 

 

“It’s about Kyungsoo’s wet dream, not yours Park”.

 

 

 

“If you say wet dream one more time baek.”

 

 

 

“What? You popping a ? It’s Kai in that wet dream Yeol, not me. You didn’t just go hard thinking about Kai’s ”

 

 

 

“Ugh! Not a good visual Baek. ! Now I could visualize Kai’s . You and you’re stupid wet dreams”

 

 

 

“I forbid you to think about Kyungsoo’s . By the way Soo,  in that wet dream who was  topping?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is flustered. He hates it when the couple starts talking dirty like it’s a casual thing, for him it definitely isn’t.

 

 

 

With an irritated tone and an annoyed face, he decides to defend himself. “Stop talking about wet dreams, Jongin’s or positions. Seriously Baekhyun, I didn’t have a wet dream about Jongin.”

 

 

 

At the mention of his name, Jongin appears in their table. “Yah! That’s right!. I’m the only one allowed to think about Kyungsoo’s . Kyungsoo’s the only one who’s allowed to think about my . You’re not allowed to think about Kyungsoo’s wet dreams about me because I’m not sharing him with you.  Yeol, hold that if you still want a roommate next semester.”

 

 

 

 “As if I enjoy rooming with your ,” the giant shots back.

 

 

 

“Yeol, you did not just refer to his . You want his too?” it is Baekhyun.

 

 

 

“No Baek, why would I want that jerk’s ? You know I love your , there is no one like yours. ”

 

 

 

“Damn straight Chanyeol, you’re only allowed to think about mine, not Kai’s , not Kyungsoo’s. Where is he by the way?” craning his neck looking for the poor fellow who sneaked out on them.

 

 

 

“Probably having a wet-day-dream about me”, Kai said.

 

 

 

The circle of love.

 

 

 

What a ridiculous word to name a damn circle of young adults, Jongin thinks.

 

 

 

Why is he in this retreat?

 

 

 

He needs to avoid Krystal for a few days.

 

 

 

And then there’s Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, big round eyes, long thick lashes, luscious lips, tiny nose, milky white skin, short enough , just the right height for Jongin  to crane down and kiss. To carry, push against a wall, pin down in a bed frame, press next to cold wet tiles , hover at in a kitchen counter or  maneuver vigorously in his lap.

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo is the epitome of innocence.

 

 

 

Innocence, perfectly round, impeccably straight, free of jagged edges, that Jongin has this colossal need to tarnish.

 

 

 

He is staring at the back of DO Kyungsoo, who is holding a white candle in the middle of that so-called circle of love.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is anxious, he is sure of it.

 

 

 

But what is there to be anxious about? You just have to sit in the middle of the circle, wait for the people surrounding you to compliment on your good traits then afterwards you’d say your negative ones, your Simon-self.

 

 

 

If it is Jongin, he would just stay in the circle to tell them that if his Simon-self existed it would have been that he is too y for the rest of humanity to handle. The way he sees it, this is a positive trait so Jongin’s Simon-self is nothing but fictional.

 

 

 

 It’s a fact, established by Jongin himself.

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, does not have one either.

 

 

 

The guy’s a saint, he’d never even heard the guy curse once.

 

 

 

“I’m selfish, I lack compassion,” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath. Jongin finds himself listening to every word Kyungsoo had to utter.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s takes a long deep breath before continuing.

 

“I’m taking up nursing; it’s innate that I have to render my patients what we call TLC or tender loving care. I don’t find myself caring, I don’t find myself the fulfillment in helping people. I interact with them superficially, hold meaningless conversations when in fact I couldn’t care less if her husband died, that she brought herself alone in the hospital or that his children abandoned him. I hear life stories every ing day but between those lines, I am only half listening. I feel like a liar. I want to care, to be compassionate, to be part of their healing but I don’t know how.”  

 

After that activity and dinner, Jongin walks behind Kyungsoo in silence resulting to questioning eyes from the older. Kyungsoo doesn’t bother speaking to him though and somehow, Jongin accepts this silence.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo attaches himself to the wall as close as possible, he places pillows in the middle of the bed just in case.

 

 

 

He tried to stay at Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room, clinging to the head board, even locking himself in their bathroom but his efforts were wasted.

 

 

 

He was shoved into his room against his will.

 

 

 

 

Profanities were desperately required when Baekhyun’s long limbs, gaggling excuse of a lover, carried Kyungsoo and practically dropped him into the mattress while the short brunette exasperatingly laughed in the background.

 

 

He knows Jongin is already in the bed when the mattress dips.

 

 

 

A low seductive chuckle is heard; a rustling sound disturbs the stillness.

 

 

 

Jongin  removes their boundary of pillows.

 

 

 

Jongin suddenly pulls Kyungsoo until the latter crashes to his chest.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo struggles to free himself from those pair of arms that clings to his sides.

 

 

 

“Let me go Jongin”, he tells the younger as he continues his futile struggle.

 

 

 

“I will decide when I will let you go, if I will ever,” Jongin whispers while he buries his face in the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck.


Hi ! merry christmas  you !