Of Eyes , Tears and Smiles

Getting Even

As an elementary kid Jongin was a bully, he still is; he just changed targets.

 

Of all his classmates, he had a certain favorite.

 

He liked the way a cute boy with doe eyes looks at him. And in all his capacity he had always tried to get him glance at him over and over again, to be mirrored against his soul’s windows.

 

He tried every single day until it became a habit.

 

The thing was, whenever the said boy set his eyes upon Jongin, tears would be flowing relentlessly from his expressive eyes.

 

His eyes had always been swollen red, his shoulders shook and no one  could ever make him stop.

 

Jongin wondered why.

 

Jongin never asked him. He was curious but his purpose was always accomplished so he never bothered to utter a word.

 

Who would have known that years later the same eyes would be staring back at him, reflecting nothing but pure awe? 

 

“Kill me now, I just kissed Kim freaking Jongin,” the owner of those eyes says.

 

Jongin realizes that, that night is the first time he hears his name escapes from his mouth.

 

Not even once, not in grade school, not in high school had the latter addressed him directly.

 

“I was not even expecting a hello from you but a kiss is fine too. Now it’s my turn to greet you Do Kyungsoo,” with that Jongin leans forward and lands his lips softly on Kyungsoo’s.

 

It takes a moment for Kyungsoo to process what is happening and he pushes Jongin when the realization hits him.

 

 They hold gaze for a second.

 

They break eye contact in another.

 

Kyungsoo is gone, another second later.

 

Jongin stand in front of the mirror with a genuine smile plastered across his handsome face.

 

 It is unlike the usual smirk he flashes to get inside someone’s pants, not the type that could weaken the knees of his admirers.

 

Years, three of it in fact had passed since he saw Do Kyungsoo; it was almost impossible to imagine him in that kind of situation.

 

Sure girls , guys even would fawn over him like he was some sort of an Idol. Please, Jongin? He didn’t need to dance nor sing to be notice, no need to be broadcasted on television.  He is a hell of a god screaming to be ridden in bed; his presence would never go unnoticed.

 

Jongin was born to be noticed. He was born to be admired. He was born to be desired. To be lusted.

 

What surprised him the most was that DO Kyungsoo initiated it, as far as he knew it would take an ample amount of energy to convince him to do something bold, anything that required to be done with the public eyeing him.

 

Time indeed changes people.

 

His lips had always been kissable, but had it been that soft before?  Or did time change that as well?

 

The bitter taste of alcohol was still lingering in his mouth. Is Kyungsoo an alcoholic now too?

 

That is one thing that Jongin would never thought Kyungsoo would become. Had he abandoned his straight path?  When did that happen? What else changed in the untouched world of Do Kyungsoo.

 

Maybe now he will finally get some answers.

 

Maybe even more.

 

He hopes so.

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo’s world were parallel since the age of six.

 

Jongin tried to enter his orbit but their worlds never collided.

 

It was as if, in Kyungsoo’s eyes he was isolated in that galaxy, that planet Jongin never existed in the first place. While in fact, Jongin has exhausted his ways to let his presence be notified.

 

“Oppa?”, a slender girl peeks  from the half open door.  “Wipe that smile off your face, you look like a lunatic, oh I forgot you had always been one”, she said as she saw Jongin in front of the mirror.

 

“Oh please, after I’m done with you, you’d be the lunatic begging for more Krystal”, he curves his lips and Krystal just died a little inside.