Limbo

Getting Even

One word.

 

Kyungsoo only had to say one freaking word to shatter Jongin once again.

 

For the past few weeks, that is all Kyungsoo is able to do. Kim Jongin’s been pounded,  pulverized , into indiscernible  pieces, he disintegrates  into ashes but Kim Jongin is a phoenix who deceives death so he rises every single time Kyungsoo hits the bull’s  eye to his chest in a fatal 90 degree angle.

 

A nonchalant rejection is what he expects, he prepares to loss in a battle to save himself from disappointment. Jongin’s confidence that was rocket high crashed down and journeyed to the center of the earth, waiting to explode back into a vineyard in Italy or in Kyungsoo’s.

 

But alas a YES escapes Kyungsoo’s delicious lips (that he cannot to be smashed against his again) and Jongin considers paying an ENT specialist a visit or smuggling a cotton bud from Chanyeol (he will deal with his lecture later) because there is no way Do Kyungsoo just said a big giant galactic YES.

 

But shock is not only evident on Jongin but also in Chanyeol and BaekHyun’ dumb faces so he might not need a trip to the hospital after all.

 

He waves Luhan a goodbye before he rus after Kyungsoo, he holds his delicate little hand, waits for him to swat it away but said boy doesn’t. Kyungsoo can push him off a cliff, his fingers digging at the edge, he can clutch his neck and drown his lungs in seawater, Kim Jongin won’t care because Do Kyungsoo will be begging for him in the end. He wonders what he did right today he wants to ask Kyungsoo. He smiles to himself thinking that it is all caused by Kyungsoo’s jealousy towards Luhan. After all, wasn’t it jealousy that brought his will back to chase after Kyungsoo again? (Damn that polychromatic-haired brat)

 

Someone needs to slap Jongin’s handsome face to awake him from his self-induced utopia.

 

“I can!,” Chanyeol yells from behind them. He said that outloud?

 

Jongin feels the need to glance to his adorable boyfriend but he pulls himself back with the impending embarrassment.

 

Boyfriend? Dream on Kai!”, Chanyeol yells again. Damn it, he really needs to stop his soliloquy, he can’t have his boyfriend thinking he got it bad ( even

though when he has it beyond bad).

 

They reach BaekHyun and Kyungsoo’s apartment. Jongin holds Kyungsoo’s shoulder, leans forward with the intention of kissing him until both of their lungs beg for oxygen but he doesn’t have the chance to leave him breathless because said boy pushes Jongin away just in time before their lips meet.

 

“I’m not allowing you to kiss me,” Kyungsoo says, he backs away from Jongin.

 

I’m not allowing you to not kiss me. Now be a good boyfriend and pucker up those lips,” Jongin says back.

 

“You didn’t even ask me.”

 

“Did I have to? You said you are my present. If you don’t call that boyfriend then tell me what that makes us”

 

“I hate you. I’ve been ignoring you for years, catch up!”

 

Jongin is motionless.

 

“I said yes to get back at you, so I’m giving you a heads up.  Making me your toy will hurt you. Hurt me back I don’t care, you’ve been doing that for years, I wouldn’t know the difference. Let’s hurt each other, until one of us gives up.”

 

Jongin is speechless, how can Kyungsoo be so cruel. That is the most number of words Kyungsoo has ever said to him. That is what Jongin been waiting to happen for so long, for Kyungsoo to start talking to him, to be able to peel the layers off him first hand, he is tired of having to ask for second hand information from Baekhyun to know what Kyungsoo’s schedule so he can ditch his group mates to have dinner with him.

 

Jongin hates Kyungsoo’s silence but he would rather have that than injure him with his cruel words.

 

“Then exhaust all your efforts Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin walks away without a kiss but with a pricked heart.


“Hello?”

 

“Kyungsoo? Why are you still awake?”

 

“You disturbed my sleep!”

 

“But you didn’t wake up when a slept beside you during the retreat first night”

 

“What do you want? It’s midnight”

 

“I want you”

 

“I’m hanging up. Call me when you’re dying”

 

“Wa---------

_--------


“Are you dying?”

 

“No, why?”

 

“You are only allowed to call if you're dying”


“Are you dying?”

 

“Dying to see you hyung.”

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Yes hyung, this is he, your kidney.”

 

“You can’t donate your kidney to me, Sehun-ah. Mine is probably healthier than yours.”

 

“Tell me you’re still up for Divergent, even if you already have a dumb boyfriend.”

 

“He is not really my boyfriend Sehun.”

 

“He doesn’t know that hyung! Don’t bother breaking his heart; I don’t want yours to break.”


 “Sehun, if I call it a date will you let me sleep?”

 

“Date? Are you cheating on me Do Kyungsoo, and with that brat?”

 

“What if I am?”

 

“You don’t want to get on my bad side Soo, if you’re not ready for the consequence.”

 

“Consequence?”

 

“Make up , what else?”

 

Kyungsoo wonders what he has gotten himself into. He could be sleeping at the moment, nobody calls him at night. Although he had watched and read about falling asleep with a phone glued to faces, experiencing them first hand never occurred in his mind. He thinks its romantic, hearing a voice of someone away from you, listening to his or her sleepy voices with drooping eyelids, waiting for the other to drift to sleep first.


 

Kyungsoo likes watching books turned to movies, he likes to compare every little detail, from the shade of their eyes, their stubborn accents to the accuracy of the color of the sky. He prides himself for knowing the difference, knowing how things should have been if all points were carried out. It doesn’t happen though. Deliberately or not there is always something missed, altered tremendously. Maybe it is basic human trait to change things, a natural insatiable instinct to interfere. Maybe it’s the reason to why Sehun keeps dragging him, shifting his alone time to a mess of activities that requires interaction even intimacy to an alarming extent. Maybe that is why Jongin keeps calling him; with the intention to further wreck his already imbalanced equilibrium courtesy of Oh Sehun.

 

His phone rings again, Sehun grabs it from him pressing the ignore button. Kyungsoo only looks at him before he glances back to the screen, watching as dauntless initiates jump off a train. One thing that makes up Sehun is his persistence, nearly annoying at some point but Kyungsoo is used to it now, he can walk with closed eyes and he knows that Sehun is just one-step behind him. Sehun is his comfort.

 

Jongin calls him again as they are laying lazily on Kyungsoo’s bed. BaekHyun is out (probably with Chanyeol), and they have the place for themselves. It isn’t the first time that they are alone together but they were never alone in Kyungsoo’s bed, Krystal is always there. There is an unsettling feeling bubbling in Kyungsoo’s chest, the glint in Sehun’s eyes is responsible for it. He hears Sehun call him hyung, he hovers over Kyungsoo, gaze scorching him. He closes his eyes as lips touches his, he kisses back. It’s slow and careful, unlike the kisses he and Jongin shared. They detach for a moment, Sehun is smiling down at him, and he smiles at him as well.

 

He receives another text; saying that Jongin is at the door outside.

 

Sehun leans down to him again.

 

Kyungsoo hears the door creak.

 

Jongin stands there, eyes widening in surprise.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin’s eyes meet.

 

Kyungsoo pushes Sehun, he sits on top of him.

 

It is Sehun’s turn to bewilder because this time Kyungsoo smashes their lips together.

 


A/N: Anneong readers! 

Thank you for reading (and commenting) this far. I didnt notice that we are now in CHAPTER 14 because i planned it to end at CHAPTER 17 and i failed to follow the outline.

What do you think of the new poster? I have XiaoWa to thank for that.

You've seen EXO's performance in that (idk the name) fashion show? I was dying of envy, i mean how lucky are those models having 12 drop dead gorgeous guys with them while strutting on the runway? Some were able to walk beside KAI anD SEhUn and ahhhhhIm just superjelly. 

Life is UNfair! Kaebsong....