Flicker

Getting Even

Jongin is furious and it isn’t because Krystal is there. Again.

 

Jongin knew Krystal from all his freshman classes.

 

Jongin rejected Krystal when the latter confessed weeks after their initial contact.

 

Krystal kept tailing him and everything dissolved to an unconventional kind of friendship.

 

Years of friendship, that is now shattered by a single wrong move.

 

Jongin knew that he crossed the line by kissing Krystal, he tampered it by sleeping with her.

 

Jongin’s a guy, Krystal knew what she was getting into so Jongin is sure that he it is not his fault alone.

 

It never is.

 

Right now, Jongin is beyond furious while watching the two still sitting together despite his effort in interrupting their cuddling session.

 

He stands there, glaring at the two, Kyungsoo whispering in Krystal’s ear and the latter just nodding in agreement.

 

Krystal stands and makes her way to the door with the Doe-eyed guy following closely behind her.

 

It’s slowly breaking her, how Jongin just stands there, throwing hatred at her.

 

She hates that she’s supposed to be the one who’s mad at Jongin, yet here she is cowering.

 

She doesn’t spare him a glance, maybe she is losing but atleast she’s the one who is walking away from him this time.

 

Secretly she wishes that he’d come after her but she knows better.

 

Jongin only knows how to run.

 

They are completely ignoring Jongin’s un-ignorable existence, Jongin’s furiousness escalates but the door is shut to his face.

 

Jongin gets what he wants, always.

 

But this isn’t what he wants.

 

He didn’t ask for Kyungsoo to walk away.

 

Jongin is tired of it. Watching Kyungsoo’s back, from Grade one to Senior High.

 

Showering Kyungsoo with his attention only to be ignored by the shorter boy.

 

Jongin attempts to minimize the distance that Kyungsoo struggles to magnify.

 

Jongin thought he could maybe start chasing Kyungsoo again as the latter kissed him at that club.

 

Jongin loves being chased, maybe Kyungsoo does too.

 

Jongin gives up.

 

The chasing ends.


 

“Should I send you home? Jongin is drunk. You can talk to him tomorrow”, Kyungsoo asks Krystal.

 

Kyungsoo is still unsure of what to do despite his wall being climbed over by the same girl he is with.

 

Kyungsoo , ignorant of affection knows for a fact that he is not to allow a girl to walk around past midnight.

 

So here he is, standing side by side with Krystal, as she waits for her ride home.

 

“Jongin? Who still calls him that? I thought you didn’t know him yet you know his real name,”Krystal says.

 

Jongin’s name is what she picks up from his carefully selected and quantified sentence that highlights Kyungsoo’s tiniest bit of compassion.

 

What is it about Kim Freaking Jongin, Kyungsoo thinks, that Krystal has put her own safety aside just to inquire about the person who is the catalyst of her humane suffering?

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t ask her that.

 

It would branch out to more inquiries and Kyungsoo has already had enough for tonight. And he refuses to talk about his long time nemesis.

 

“I’ve known him since grade one. He was still called Jongin till high school. I don’t really know him”, Kyungsoo says, wishing that the conversation would end.

 

He knew a guy called Jongin, he didn’t know who he was.

 

It doesn’t make sense but makes perfect sense at the same time.

 

“You’ve known him that long? How was Jongin at age 6? 12? 13?”

 

Was Kyungsoo supposed to keep track?

 

“We didn’t really socialize”

 

Kyungsoo finds himself re-telling every single thing that Jongin did to him, except that fake-liking part.

 

Kyungsoo closes his mouth as he realizes that he had been talking non-stop.

 

Kyungsoo is an introvert.

 

Yet here he is, surrounded by individuals who lack a sense of space and peace.

 

Why?

 

Does he attract noisy people like BaekHyun ?

 

Or is he the one that is drawn to them?

 

He thinks of magnets, of ions of gas exchange.

 

Of the whole-craving-what-you-cant-have.

 

He is afraid that he is losing himself, he sees himself slipping from his old self all because he is exposed to them.

 

Jongin won’t leave him alone

 

Now it is Krystal.

 

“Your name is Krystal?”

 

Krystal nods, and says, “Your name is?”

 

“Kyungsoo”

 

A car park in the street, the driver blows his horn in an annoying pace.

 

“Well Kyungsoo my ride is here. I’ll call you. I want us to be friends. I already lost one.

 

What did Kyungsoo do to deserve this? Seriously?


 

Krystal hops into his cousin’s car, his face scrunched his eyes droopy, his hair disheveled.

 

It is a miracle to get Oh Sehun out of his bed during ungodly hours but Krystal knows perfectly where to push his buttons.

 

Oh Sehun, who owns a face that screams a big “I don’t give a damn attitude”.

 

But there is something underneath all the blank stare and apathetic façade.

 

“Who’s that?, asks Oh Sehun.

 

“Kyungsoo, my new friend. You know him?, Krystal replies.

 

“My next boyfriend”

 


A/N: Anneong!

YEHET!
 

OHORAT?

Introducing a new character Oh Sehun. That wasnt my original plan for him( he is supposed to be from the past), but then it's college and youre bound to meet new peeps so yeah. 

Expect a SeSoo interaction in the next chapters :)


I've finally watched the "Miracle in the 7th cell", the movie where in EXO cried their asses off watching!

I was crying mess.