Epiphany

Getting Even

“Every time I tell you something, you just stare right back at me.”

 

One of Kyungsoo’s classmates told him that back when he was a first year.

 

His name was Marki, he was a fat rich kid who keeps tablets of nitroglycerin in his backpack, front pocket.

 

He died just before the first semester ended.

 

Kyungsoo was about to return a book he borrowed from him when he saw a bunch of Marki’s friends crying.

 

The book remains at the lowest part of his bookshelf because he likes to organize them alphabetically.

 

He never returned it because he did not attend his funeral, they were not close but they were friendly enough to exchange books to read over the weekend.

 

He adores that book so he kept it instead. 

 

Kyungsoo did exactly what Marki told him, he just stared back.

 

He couldn’t think of anything to say, perhaps he should have just stopped thinking and blurted out the first thing that comes to his mind.

 

But that is not the case, Do Kyungsoo is not sociable, he sleeps in during Friday nights, instead of drowning in booze and doing quickies in tight spaces.

 

It took him the entire day to ponder at Marki’s statement, he should have shrugged it off, it was just an observation any way.

 

Observations, as far as Kyungsoo knew he was supposed to be the one doing that.

 

He was the one who suffers in silence and trails people’s back as they pass by, he isn’t supposed to be noticed.

 

Let alone be observed.

 

What Marki told him was the truth and Kyungsoo hates hearing them.

 

He knows that refusing to hear the truth is unrealistic.

 

There is a gap between his perception and the established truth and Kyungsoo is willing to spend half his lifetime running away from it.

 

The truth is a ; it would not let Kyungsoo escape from it.

 

A phone call disrupts Kyungsoo from his trance.

 

It is from Baekhyun, inviting him to hang with his boyfriend Chanyeol.

 

It had always been the three of them,  Kyungsoo’s sole responsibility is to get the couple home whenever they are too drunk to walk, which happens a lot.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t mind, Baekhyun is his best friend after all and Chanyeol is a fairly decent guy whose only hamartia is his creepy grin.

 

On usual situations, Kyungsoo would just sit around and wait for the couple to be wasted so he could finally finish reading his current book.

 

But this night is different.

 

Kyungsoo has only been drunk once, despite Baekhyun’s relentless persuasions.  And that once, is tonight.

 

“Geez Kyungsoo is damn drunk, nice one Baek, you just lost ourselves a wing man,” Chanyeol blames his boyfriend.

 

“Cheers to that!, and now to  complete the night, I dare you my squishy best friend to kiss the next stranger to enter  the comfort room.”

 

Kyungsoo thinks about it for a moment, he thinks back to why he even agreed to drink in the first place.

 

Why does everything need to be calculated anyway? People spend every second crucially weighing and balancing yet in the end, nothing goes as planned.

 

Reasons, logic, sense are quite tiring.

 

Good boys gone wild, what a cliché.

 

Blame it on Nick Carraway.

 

Blame Nick’s realization on life varieties while looking out from a flat’s window.

 

Kyungsoo wants his own epiphany.

 

Baekhyun gives him another shot glass before Kyungsoo trailed behind a tall blond guy into the comfort room.

 

Without looking at him, he pushes the stranger against the wall and kisses him.

 

 

He opens his eyes to look at the stranger that he probably will not meet again.

 

Only he is not a stranger.

 

Of all people, he just needed to kiss one stranger for heaven’s sake.

 

It is somewhat ironic because in Kyungsoo’s two decades of existence, he is not the type to accumulate friends or foes.

 

So finding a stranger in a club is supposed to be a walk in the park.

 

Of all people to lip lock with, it had to be Kim Jongin.

 

 

...........

A/N:

First chapter is up.

It so much I know.

School starts again tomorrow. Honestly all i did during the sem break is curl in a ball and laze around like a zombie.

Thank you you for reading!