Spin

Getting Even

The walls are paper thin, the utter silence in a mundane Saturday morning are perfect excuses for Baekhyun to hear every drop of words that are being liberated. The moment he hears the door close, he recoils from Chanyeol’s chest and walks out faster than lightning to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

He does not give Kyungsoo a chance to look at him before flinging himself at him in a suffocating hug.

 

“Soo it’s okay to cry, it’s just me”, Baekhyun finally lets his best friend breathe, he looks at him, cupping his face so he could gain the latter’s full attention.

 

“I got what I wanted Baekhyun, I don’t see a reason to cry for Jo--------- him”, Kyungsoo removes his friend’s hands away.

 

“You can’t even say his name. I’d postpone breaking up with Yeol and concentrate on your break up. You need us both,” Baekhyun sighs.

 

“He finally got tired of you? Took him so long”, Kyungsoo tries to divert the attention from him, he needs to overwhelm himself with things so that he can’t focus on his own emotions.

 

 It hurts, its’ not supposed to but it does.

 

He is not supposed to feel like his world is tilting, as if a force is pulling him down, persistent on breaking him.

 

He is not supposed to feel anything, he isn’t allowed to.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun drag Kyungsoo everywhere for the next couple of weeks. They surround him with people that he wouldn’t normally talk to, urge him spend time socializing, they rarely leave him alone if they can help it. Kyungsoo never felt so glad in spending time with other people, he is glad that he can take his mind off a certain thing. He tries to concentrate on what they say, tries to pretend like their daily living interests him. He tries to sympathies with Suho’s lost cat and Yixing’s failing grade. He tries to drown his brain with facts from his textbooks and the answers to his quizzes, but at the back of his mind, he can still remember him. He is hoping that a load of information would push those thoughts that he is denying to have. He wants those thoughts to be erased; dreaming can dispose the useless clutter in the brain. Why couldn’t it get rid of the ones Kyungsoo wants to be gone?

 

They urge him to verbalize what he feels; to cry but Kyungsoo just throws Chanyeol and Baekhyun a look. Not one visible tear trickles out of his eyes, he does not cry. But it’s there, no one can see them, not a soul can hear them but him. They exist but no one is warranted to know, no one, not until he can manage feigning their existence.

 

Another week passes by Kyungsoo’s facade remains intact.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun think that he needs to move on from denial into anger so bring Kyungsoo to a club. Hoping that alcohol would pull his well-maintained mask of indifference.

 

When Kyungsoo stands before the familiar club, memories surge back to him in a second.  He tells the two that it is not a great idea to bring him here.

 

“But why? Didn’t you get your first kiss here? Let’s get you another one. Come on Soo, you have a perfect excuse to get drunk”, Baekhyun pleads puppy eyes and a cute pout vouching for Kyungsoo’s yes. All are in vain, Kyungsoo decides that going in there is has more disadvantage than disapproving Baekhyun. He announces that he is hungry, even if he is far from it.  

 

He wishes that he should have gone into the club rather than drag them to fast food. Luhan sees him the moment they get inside. He insists that they all should eat together. At least he isn’t here, Kyungsoo says to himself. Luhan is charming, he lightens up the mood and talks non-stop, Kyungsoo even joins them laughing at something he said. Who wouldn’t want Luhan? He is an ideal amalgam of appealing looks and fun personality. While he, he is just Kyungsoo. His own company might never bore him but he bores people. He would always be the odd one out, the last choice.

 

Why “He” even stuck around with Kyungsoo is a big mystery. “He” was probably bored; he might have been in it because Kyungsoo wouldn’t bend that quickly. Then when Kyungsoo finally bared his soul to him, he realized that he wasn’t worth the effort.  “He” dumped him for the same reason he started pursuing him.

 

“How are things with you and Kai?”, Luhan randomly asks Kyungsoo.

 

His two friends throw him worried looks.

 

“I …. You should know”, Kyungsoo says.

 

“He never tells me anything anymore. I only noticed that something was off when he stopped talking about you. He used to talk about you a lot, then he just stopped”, Luhan says.

 

He did not just stop, he gave up. Is there even a difference?

 

“Speaking of Kai, he was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago,” Luhan looks at his watch. “I hope he isn’t bringing one of his hoes if he ever decides to show up.”

 

Kyungsoo winces, he is coming, he needs to get out of that place. He barely even thinks of a plausible excuse to say when he hears Luhan shouting at him to come over. He panics, and without looking, he gets on his feet and briskly walks to the comfort room. He ignores the look that Baekhyun is giving him as he walks away.

 

What the did he just do? He wants to slap himself. Why is he even hiding? What he did made him looked like he is fazed by him and he isn’t. He might have succeeded in unraveling a part of him but he is Do Kyungsoo. He cannot have him thinking that he is unhappy at his absence and befuddles by his sudden presence. Why is he even giving himself a pep talk?

 

A knock on the door distracts the overwhelming blobs of emotion that are blurring his logic. He can’t even remember locking the door in the first place. Thinking that it is just Baekhyun checking up on him, he unlocks the knob in a heartbeat.

 

His heartbeat skips.

 

It’s Kim Freaking Jongin.


A/N

hello chinggus!

Sorry, this chapter is really short, it was supposed to be longer bu then i decided to do a last minute change ^^.

i'm currently watching this drama, and i think i have new crush....

mind reading my new Baekyeol fic and tell me what you think?

bye bye for now ^^

Kyungsoo is too cool for his own good