De Javu

Getting Even

Kim  Jongin is kissing him.

 

 

 

He is kissing him back; world’s end must be lurking around the corner.

 

 

 

The memory of Kyungsoo’s first kiss is supposed to be romantic.

 

 

 

Like the ones in movies and books even if Kyungsoo would never admit it, he is a romantic.

 

 

 

Kissing Jongin seconds after rising from bed isn’t romantic at all.

 

 

 

Sure, it makes him feel dizzy, like his insides are melting, his heat embracing every inch of him from head to toe.

 

 

 

Sure, he is responding back like he likes it.

 

 

 

Hell he does.

 

 

 

More than a lot.

 

 

 

He is kissing him as if he knows very well the contours of Jongin’s mouth like the back of his hand.

 

 

 

As if his tongue had been there, fighting and submitting to the other’s dominance, their plump lips had touched before.

 

 

 

As if, unaware Kyungsoo has been in that exact moment, with this certain person, doing that precise act.

 

 

 

Buried in his subconscious.

 

 

 

It is Jongin who first breaks the kiss for air.

 

 

 

“You still taste the same, minus the alcohol.”

 

 

 

It is then that it clicks in Kyungsoo’s fist sized brain.

 

 

 

It did happen before.

 

 

 

“I kissed Kim Freaking Jongin again, kill me now”.

 

 

 

Jongin lets out an amused laugh before attacking Kyungsoo’s mouth again, hungrier this time. Kyungsoo’s brain is screaming to bolt out but his lips refuses to obey.

 

 

 

As if it is receiving no command to halt, his lips are practicing negativism.

 

 

 

“Soo , can I just------?” It is Baekhyun, his eyeballs threatening to fall out, jaws open.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo detaches himself from his entanglement. It is only then that he noticed his arms around the other’s neck, his face tilted upward for a better angle.

 

 

 

“He kissed me first,” but it isn’t Kyungsoo who says it.

 

 

 

 

 

Earlier…

 

 

 

This is beyond what he bargained for.

 

 

 

He should have curled in a ball in his bed at home, reading books till his eyes command him to halt.

 

 

 

He should be in a quest for that golden fleece with his new found Cyclops brother, Anabeth, Grover and Clarisse .

 

 

 

At his little home, the chance of running into Kim Jongin is as impossible as living without air.

 

 

 

He shouldn’t be racing for air.

 

 

 

This is a youth encounter for Christ sake, what is that certain spawn of satan even doing there?

 

 

 

Luckily, said spawn doesn’t bother Kyungsoo for the remainder of the day.

 

 

 

What is Kyungsoo even expecting?

 

 

 

That Jongin or Kai would waste his time on him like the bastard did in highschool?

 

 

 

Kai.

 

 

 

It’s not even a name.

 

 

 

For him, said spawn is still called Jongin.

 

 

 

The remainder of the day is spent listening to various facilitators as they preach about life and God.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is never the religious type but he tries to listen to every word and Baekhyun’s because his best friend is never the receiving end.

 

 

 

Baekhyun rarely pays attention to him whenever Chanyeol is around (which explains the talking part because said giant is nowhere to be seen).

 

 

 

Baekhyun notices that Kyungsoo is drifting again, “So what do you think about Kai?”

 

 

 

The question takes Kyungsoo aback, he stares at him so wide, that his eyes looked like they are about to fall out of their sockets. “Why should I think about him?” he finally says when he finds his voice.

 

 

 

“Don’t tell Chanyeol, but that guy is seriously hot. He was looking at me when he smirked. Not that I’m thinking of cheating with Yeol, I’m just stating an observation.” 

 

 

 

“That Kai wouldn’t even try, I mean he does respect Chanyeol, no matter what an he looks. Don’t tell Yeol I said that Soo. Hey Yeol! You’re back!” He waves at his lover with Kai non-chalantly trailing behind the giant.  

 

 

 

Kyungsoo turns his attention back to the facilitator; his ears though are listening to the conversation of the three.

 

 

 

“I helped Kai with his bag. Pretty useless, he didn’t bring a lot so how’s he going to survive here. I swear Kai, you never use your head,” Chanyeol whispers.

 

 

 

“Shut up Yeol! Don’t ruin my image before I do. Hi Baekhyun! Never listen to this he’s just getting back at me when I used up his precious lube. I tell you this guy is--------------.” It's Jongin.

 

 

 

Baekhyun giggles.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo realizes that that there is another trio in the room, one of which he isn’t a part of.

 

 

 

He feels sort of left out.

 

 

 


The petite doe-eyed boy lies on his own bed, already showered, sleeping rituals performed and ready to relax his muscles and he drifts to sleep in a second.

 

He failed to notice a backpack lying just at the foot of the bed.


Jongin finally decides to enter his own room after scanning the other rooms of some of his acquaintances.

 

 

 

 

He is dying of boredom, Chanyeol tricked him into coming by saying that it’s an outing filled with girls and booze.

 

 

 

The epitome of fun, Kai-wise.

 

 

 

When he mentioned that Baekhyun would be there, he immediately thought of the chances of Kyungsoo being there too.

 

 

 

So he ignored the name of the venue that was practically screaming Christian Youth Encounter.

 

 

 

When he enters his room, he is elated.

 

 

 

There alone in bed is Do Kyungsoo lying exactly the way he did in their dorm nights ago.

 

 

 

Jongin in highschool sat behind a timid Kyungsoo, boring a hole to the latter’s back because he always refused to face him.

 

He turned his back finally, irritated and said “I don’t like you”.

 

Jongin felt that familiar pang in his chest again. Kyungsoo told him that countless times yet he was still there. “I know”, Jongin just muttered,it reached Kyungsoo’s ears and he  felt a short – lived guilt.

 

 

 

Kai lies beside Kyungsoo, wraps his arms around his waist. He feels the comforting warmth the body next to his was giving off. He holds him close and their bodies perfectly match like lock and key. Their breathing is in sync, Jongin’s heart beat is irregular and it frightens him that Kyungsoo would be waken up by the thumping from his back.

 

Kai freezes when Kyungsoo stirs.

 

 

 

He could imagine the dread on Kyungsoo ‘s face if he finds out who is sleeping beside him. Kyungsoo turns around and faces him but with his eyes sealed shut. He snuggles closer to Kai and flings his arm around him.

 

 

 

Soft murmurs escape from Kyungsoo’s mouth, Jongin plants a quick peck on Kyungsoo’s forehead before submitting himself to slumber.


A/N

Did you know that De Ja Vu is not the only Vu out there?

There's Presque Vu , Jamais Vu .