Hide and Seek

Getting Even

“He kissed me first,” Jongin proudly fills Baekhyun in.

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo in pursuit for some sort of denial  but the latter just stares back at him. Baekhyun leaves after telling them that they should come out for breakfast and Kyungsoo does not fail to notice a sly smile forming in Baekhyun’s lips.

 

 

 

Awkward silence engulfs them. Jongin eyeing Kyungsoo and the other way around. Both of them waiting for the other to break the piercing silence only to be overwhelmed by their motionless state.  

 

 

 

Jongin is never awkward, never quiet. He always keeps his cool at all times; the way he’s acting now is way out of his character.

 

 

 

What is is about Do Kyungsoo?

 

 

 

He had known the guy since grade one.

 

 

 

He was with no doubt responsible for Kyungsoo’s tears when he peed in his pants that one time.

 

 

 

He called him mute when he refused to speak; he made fun of his Christmas gift in their Kris Kringle.

 

 

 

He tormented him until they graduated.

 

 

 

He didn’t know why, you don’t need to know if you’re a kid

 

 

 

Then high school happened, puberty approached and Do Kyungsoo soaked in its good side.

 

 

 

Jongin wanted him and he wasted no time to let Kyungsoo to be aware of that. He told his friends about his little crush on Kyungsoo and soon the whole class teased them relentless. The words were never really directly delivered to Kyungsoo because even then Kyungsoo had always been his weakness. Or maybe it was the fact that Kyungsoo was the most evasive human being and now he was more awkward than ever.

 

 

 

Sometimes Jongin would sit beside or behind him yet Kyungsoo would ignore him like the plague.

 

 

 

They had their equal share of eye contacts, the moment would freeze. Suddenly their environment would dissolve, uncertainty drowning them causing the termination of their gazes.

 

 

 

 Sometimes Jongin would get the feeling that Kyungsoo was trying not to be noticed. He’d stay at the back of the room or by the window. Pressing himself within again and again until he ceases to be aware of his existence.

 

 

 

But Kyungsoo’s existence was like air to Jongin.

 

 

When Jongin finally finds his voice and is about to speak, Kyungsoo panics and dashes to their shared bathroom. All Jongin could do is to stare at the wooded door and ruminate on Kyungsoo’s action.

 

 

 

Why did he seem tense? Does his presence affect him so much that he needed to seek solitude?

 

 

 

The thought causes a smile to creep into Jongin’s lips. After all these years of slippery chase, Kyungsoo’s untouched façade is losing its balance. One little push, Kyungsoo would trip and fall ---- into Jongin.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is self-conscious when he leaves the bathroom, he holds his soiled clothes close against his chest, his lower body wrapped by a towel. He forgot to bring his clothes inside when he ditched Jongin. It took him forever to finish, his mind clouded by thoughts on how he’s going to deal with the guy who gave his first and second kiss. The guy who tormented his elementary years and who chased him when high school came. What kind of twisted game was Jongin playing then? Was it not enough that he made his childhood a living hell? Did he really have to extend it by fake-liking him in high school? Of course, it did cross his mind that Jongin was serious but even if he was Kyungsoo would never entertain him. Call it payback . That thought though lingered shortly because he was no one. Just Do Kyungsoo, that guy in the corner too buried in the realm of his books to actually take a breather in reality.

 

 

 

“Finally! You didn’t use up all the water, did you?”Jongin is sitting on bed playing with his phone when he looks up to lock gaze with Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

When he realizes that he is probably never going to get an answer, he stands up and makes his way to the bathroom. Before closing the door he says, “You should really talk you know, there are other ways that you could use that mouth of yours aside from kissing me.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo scoffs but remains on his back.

 

 

 

Jongin went on, “Not that I’m complaining though, but I really need to hear your moans when we do something beyond kissing.”

 

That’s when Kyungsoo turns to face him, he wishes he didn’t. Jongin is only standing in his boxers, his well-chiseled body open for Kyungsoo’s unsuspecting eyes.

 

 

 

All words have deficient meanings, he couldn’t tie his thoughts to coherency, aphasia is festering him.

 

 

“What? Wanna join me?” Jongin teases. 

 

 

He walks inside not even bothering to close the door.

 

 


 

Thank You For Reading  you !!!

 

The chapter wasnt intended to go this way, it was supposed to be titled Simon-self but happened.

i'm sure you guys are watching EXO Showtime. The boys never fail to make me laugh like i'm inhaling  laughing gas (blue tank).